Thursday, October 04, 2007

This one makes me nervous, CRUSH DEM NUTS!


Well, I am really nervous for this one Satuday. Saturday night at 8pm we host the 5-0 Ohio State Buckeyes at Ross Ade Stadium on ABC. It should be a great game, and the stadium should be absolutely electric. They have sold over 13,000 glow in the dark tshirts for the game, of course I have one as does Kristen. One reason to be optimistic is under Tiller we have fared pretty well versus O$U and even in losses were able to hang with them til the bitter end. Infact some of the best games we have ever had were against the Buckeyes. Just take a look at these
1999- # 25 OSU 25 # 17 Purdue 22
2000 # 16 Purdue 31 #12 OSU 27
2002 #3 OSU 10 Purdue 6(that was their national championship year)
2003 #4 OSU 16 #11 Purdue 13 OT
2004 Purdue 24 OSU 17
Look for this trend of close games to continue for sure.

The guest picker this week is trying to one up his wife with his pick, it's Gary. Gary is a big Alabama fan, as well as a Texas Longhorn supporter so he got the nod this week because of the Red River Rivalry. So, on with the picks, just a note Shannon's Eagles are off this week.

NFL GAME
Seattle
at Pittsburgh- For Rocket and Dabich(Both Pitts)

Phats
- Last week I predicted the Steelers would lose and they did, this week I am picking the steelers to lose and they will
SEATTLE 31 pittsburgh 24
Gary- My man Shaun Alexander runs all over the field and single handedly beats the Steelers. Seahawks 28 Pittsburg 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE PITTSBURGH 21 seattle 0
Phats = D'oh
Gary = D'oh


Wake Forest at Duke- For David(Duke)
Phats
- Pretty much everyone in the country hates Duke in basketball, but nobody really seems to realize they play football. Give me Wake in a laugher.
WAKE FOREST 45 duke 10
Gary- I think the Blue Devils go back to the ways that they are use to.. Although the Deacons are not that great either… Could go either way, but I’ll go with my favorite nickname. WAKE FOREST 38 Duke 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE WAKE FOREST 41 duke 36
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = WOOHOO

Idaho at San Jose State- For Mr Shife(Idaho)
Phats-
Idaho finally gets a break from it's tough schedule lately, oh wait that was suppose to be the NIU week. Hmm The Vandals lost to NIU, who lost to CMU, who lost to Purdue hmm where is Kevin Bacon when you need him. SJSU pulls out a close one
SAN JOSE STATE 28 idaho 21
Gary-
Who knows?? Will Idaho Vandal throw potatoes at the Spartans to ward off the attack??? I'll take the Vandals IDAHO 21 san jose state 3
EDIT FINAL SCORE SAN JOSE STATE 28 idaho 20(uhh shife did they miss an extra point?! I was almost right on
Phats= WOOHOO
Gary = D'oh

Vanderbilt at Auburn- For Pissy and Leeann(Auburn)
Phats-
Boy Auburn sure did right the ship this past Saturday going to the swamp and beating Florida. That was enough for me to know they will be Vandy.
AUBURN 33 vanderbilt 17
Gary-
I think that some of the tigers loss to South Florida Bulls doesn’t look at bad as it did back then and even their close game now makes you wonder after what K-State did to my Longhorns. Vandy is better this year, but still Vandy so I believe Auburn Takes this one… AUBURN 28 vandy 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 35 vanderbilt 7
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = WOOHOO

Eastern
Michigan at Michigan- For Scott(Michigan)
Phats-
Hmm UM was looking like its oldself for awhile then they struggled against a really bad Northwestern team. This one should be over by halftime, depending on which UM team shows up
MICHIGAN 41 eastern michigan 10
Gary-
Michigan has had its troubles, but I don’t think Eastern Michigan is going to be one of them
MICHIGAN 35 eastern michigan 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN 33 eastern michigan 22
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = WOOHOO

Iowa
State at Texas Tech- For Fuzz and Jef(Tx Tech)

Phats
- I'll keep this short Tx Tech should win, and will win, but closer than one might think
TEXAS TECH 31 iowa state 21
Gary-
There will be Red Showing in Lubbock.. The Re Raiders knock the wind out of the Cyclones.
TEXAS TECH 45 iowa state 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS TECH 42 iowa state 17(Gary close!)
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = WOOHOO

Ohio
at Buffalo- For Skii(Ohio)
Phats-
After the comment skii left me on my last post I shouldn't take her Bobcats, but Buffalo is pathetic and I like to win, so I must take OU
OHIO 31 buffalo 7
Gary-
These are two evenly matched losers… LOL just kidding, I really don’t know but I’ve shown that on most of my picks… Bisons are just physically bigger than bobcats, but have you ever cornered a bobcat??
OHIO 31 buffalo 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE BUFFALO 31 ohio 10
Phats = D'oh
Gary = D'oh

Miami OH at Kent State- For Design Goddess(Kent State)
Phats-
Miami is coming off a big win, and that will be enough to stop the Golden Flashes in a good game
MIAMI 31 kent state 24 OT
Gary-
who know KENT STATE 28 miami oh 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE MIAMI 20 kent state 13
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = D'oh

New Mexico State at Boise State- For Duck(Boise State)
Phats
- Since getting to know Duck, I have become a BSU fan, and I wasn't really before to be honest. I even thought they got lucky with trick plays to win last year. Not anymore! BSU will win this one easy, no reason for Duck to sweat til the big showdown with Hawaii
BOISE STATE 35 new mexico state 17
Gary- The Aggies at 3-2 and the Broncos at 3-1 might be a good game except for the fact Aggies quarterback Chase Holbrook may be out… with over 1600 yards passing and 14 touchdowns, that would be a big loss for the Aggies. I think it's just all fluff, and you can't hold back a good player. He'll play
NEW MEXICO STATE 28 boise state 21
EDIT Final Score BOISE STATE 58 new mexico state 0
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = D'oh

West Virginia at Syracuse- For Angel Jr(West Virginia)
Phats
- WVU couldn't have asked for a better rebound game. The Orange are AWFUL this year. WVU rolls
WEST VIRGINIA 55 syracuse 14
Gary-
The Mountaineers take out their frustrations on the Orange and put the “Squeeze” on them…
WEST VIRGINIA 48 syracuse 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE WEST VIRGINIA 55 syracuse 14(JESUS RIGHT ON!!)
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = WOOHOO


Nebraska at Missour- For Travis(Nebraska)
Phats-
This could actually be a better game than the red river rivalry. Nebraska has yet to show they are for real, and Missouri really needs to prove themselves as well so this turns into a statement game for the winner. It will be close, but I go with tradition HUSKERS!
NEBRASKA 31 missouri 21
Gary-
Both the Cornhuskers and the Tigers will be tough. And their loss last year may put in a vengeance factor to this game. But the Cornhuskers haven’t won in Missouri since 2001…. I don’t think they’ll break the streak… MISSOURI 28 nebraska 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE MISSOURI 41 nebraska 6
Phats = D'oh
Gary = WOOHOO

Houston at Alabama- For Gary, Cheryl, and Kimberly(All Bama)
Phats-
See WVU Prediction. Bama FINALLY gets back on the winning side of games. A fight between Al(is that his name) and the Cougar might actually be closer.
ALABAMA 31 houston 0
Gary-
I may be partial, but it’s homecoming and the Tide has got to get out of this losing streak… and what better time to do it than Homecoming in Bryant-Denny. The campus will be Crimson and White and the crowd will be crazy… and in the end it will be time to skin some Cougars.. ALABAMA 48 houston 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 30 houston 24
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = WOOHOO

Oklahoma at Texas- For Gary and Cheryl(Texas)
Phats-
Both are coming off disappointing outings, but that doesn't take anything away from another great game and rivalry. I think OU has a little more punch than Texas, and will pull away late.
OKLAHOMA 31 texas 17
Gary-
This has been a weird year, but you go to the Sooners website and the first thing you see is the Longhorns and Sooners squaring off… This game is always a big one. But I hate it, I think that the Sooners will be too much for the Longhorns and will take it on a close one.
OKLAHOMA 28 texas 21 I hope i'm wrong
EDIT FINAL SCORE OKLAHOMA 28 texas 21
Phats = WOOHOO
Gary = WOOHOO(GEESH another right on!!!)

Ohio
State at Purdue
Gary-
Two undefeated teams will meet up this weekend and one will come home with their tails tucked.. both Purdue and Ohio State have been winning big and I expect this to be a good game, but I can’t go against the the Boilermakers… PURDUE 35 ohio state 28

Phats-
Well, I am very nervous for this one, and the odds are good I will lose my voice. I am a diehard Boiler, and absolutely love my Boilers so I would never pick them to lose. If this game is a shootout I like our chances, if the score is low I am not going to be as optimistic. In the end the charged up Ross Ade crowd helps carry the Boilers to 6-0!

PURDUE 32 ohio state 31
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO STATE 23 purdue 7 :(
Phats = D'oh
Gary = D'oh

Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!

BTFU!!!

16 Comments:

At 8:26 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Good picks Phats!!! And Gary you didn't do too bad yourself!!

I HOPE we beat Houston by as much as both of you are predicting. ButI think it's gonna be a lot closer.Ugh!!! Please Lord, just don't let me be hiding my eyes more than once or twice. (Besides, Delaney's going with me and no 11-year-old needs to see their Mom crying at a football game! lol)

I also hope Texas pulls out a win, but I gotta agree with both of you on that one!

And Go Purdue!! It's gonna be a tough one! I'm just glad that I will be home in time from theBama game to watch it!

Boiler Up!!!!!!!
ROLL TIDE!!!!

(and, oh, our mascot is Big Al!!! lol)

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Duck said...

You guys are making me nervous, both picking Seattle to beat Pittsburgh... If you didn't recall Phats, I'm a big Seahawk fan. And actually, I'm going to be at that game this week!!!! :O I'm psyched, and I hope they win.

Also, I can't believe you thought Boise was lucky to win with trick plays or whatever. Yes, there was definitely luck involved, but did you watch that whole game? Up until Zabransky gave up the pick 6, BSU was owning Oklahoma in all facets of the game. It's all good though. You've come around.

And I guess I should mention that I am also a bit of a Purdue fan now, thanks to you. They were never on my radar before, but now I'll watch them on TV sometimes, and I always check to see how their games turned out. Also, I am definitely rooting for them to beat Ohio State, because I hate that team. So yay!

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger David Amulet said...

Duke, much much to my surprise, has had a couple of very good showings the past few weeks. Wake is solid, though ... we'll see.

I'm hoping for the best for Purdue. This could be the year!!

-- david

 
At 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny how certain teams will do that. And they are usually teams you don't expect. Tech's big non-rival nemesis is OSU. Every year we have trouble with them.

~Jef

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Cheryl- I don't think you have anything to worry about with Bama haha. Although it might be comical to see you hiding while your daughter was watching the game.

Duck- I didn't watch the whole game the first time it aired, but saw a replay on Fox Sports Net. Like I said I now root for the blue field group! :)

David- Duke has actually had a decent season in terms of competing. Maybe on the upswing?

Edge- You should win tomorrow

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I do not like the Longhorns(because of the obnoxious fans I work with) and my burning hatred for the Sooners is how I became a HUsker fan in the first place so as for the Red River Rivalry I could care less, but I think OU will win.

For some odd reason I feel confident the Huskers will finally show up and play all 4 quarters and win 45-27.

By the way Phats I posted something over at the Amazing Amalgamation site that I think you will enjoy.

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger JM said...

I'm going to watch the Purdue-Ohio game...like you, I would like to see Purdue win. My cousin-in-law is an OSU fanatic and he has shoved Buckeyes down my throat for as long as I've known him.
I'm going to go with Purdue 35 Ohio State 28

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Oh Phats you are breaking my heart picking against Idaho. I think Gary might be my new favorite blogger. I will be pulling for your Boilers this weekend. Good luck, and BTFU!

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

Oh, Phats!

Thanks for picking Auburn!

War EAGLE!!! :)

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger cher said...

phats. i'll break your legs for breaking my fake baby's daddy's heart.

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

GO BUCKS!!!!! :D

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Skiingred said...

Look at that... 13 - 0!

Of course, the game's not over yet!

:)

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Phats!!!

Wish you were a happier Boilermaker this morning.I watched the game last night and Ohio State looked really good. That was a tough game!!!

Well, we won,,,but, as I predicted, it was close and not so pretty!! I actually watched the final playof the game at the buzzer (whereas I'm usually hiding my eyes and plugging up my ears).I decided to be brave for Delaney. :-)

Get em next week...

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

So, on a scale of 1-10, how upset are you that the Buckeyes won?

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

So much for my prediction. Oh the pain.

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i can't get over how well your predictions go, i mean, i see a lot more WOOHOO than D'oh and i'm impressed! you clearly know your football...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home