Thursday, October 25, 2007

Go Boilers Go!!

Hope you all enjoyed that last post, and the break from sports. Real quickly, I have added Tena and Pretzel to my links, so welcome you two! This week the Boilers take on the Northwestern Wildcats at Ross Ade Stadium at Noon. This is incredibly exciting because it's homecoming and yours truly will be back on the field in the black and gold, BACK IN BLACK BABY!

This one scares me a bit mostly because Northwestern can score points, and bunches of them, however their defense likes to give up points as well. The Cats are playing some good football as of late, and got a big win at Michigan State. They did however, lose to Duke which is pretty sad. Can our defense slow them down, if need be can our offense match them touchdown for touchdown?

Doesn't appear I will have a guest picker this week, I sent the email on Sunday, and never got the picks back, nor did I hear whether he wanted to do it or not. So, I am flying solo.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati- For Dabich and Rocket(Pittsburgh)
Although Dabich is a hockey fan, I won't hold that against her. The Steelers lost a tough one last week against Denver, look for them to rebound this week in a close one
PITTSBURGH 28 cincinnati 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE PITTSBURGH 24 cincinnati 13
Phats = WOOHOO

Philadelphia at Minnesota- For Shannon(Philly)
I know Shannon hasn't been too happy with her Eagles of late, hopefully the email with presents I sent her cheered her up. She will have plenty to cheer about Sunday as the Eagles pull off a thriller in the mosquito state. By the way the Eagles are still better than the Cowgirls
PHILADELPHIA 31 minnesota 28 OT
EDIT FINAL SCORE PHILADELPHIA 23 minnesota 16
Phats = WOOHOO


Central Michigan at Kent State- For Design Goddess(Kent State)
KSU has really struggled lately, and CMU is coming off of giving 70 pts to a pissed of Clemson team. Something has to win, it will be as us cheerleaders say U-G-L-Y you aint got no alibi you Ugly WHAT WHAT you Ugly, M-a-m-a how you think you got that way yo mama what what yo mama. I like DG so
KENT STATE 10 central michigan 6
EDIT FINAL SCORE CENTRAL MICHIGAN 41 kent state 32
Phats = D'oh

Colorado at Texas Tech- For Jef and Fuzz(texas tech)
Hmm hate to toot my own horn, but I did call that game last week with Missouri perfectly. This week will be another test for the Red Raiders, but I think they pass, mostly because they are at home
TEXAS TECH 31 colorado 13
EDIT FINAL SCORE COLORADO 31 texas tech 26
Phats = D'oh

Minnesota at Michigan- For Scott(Michigan)
This one will not be pretty, please don't let small children watch this
MICHIGAN 55 minnesota 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN 34 minnesota 10
Phats = WOOHOO

West Virginia at Rutgers- For Angel Jr(West Virginia)
This is my upset of the week, Rutgers is tough at home, and WVU will soon find that out. Scarlet Knights in a great game
RUTGERS 21 west virginia 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE WEST VIRGINIA 31 rutgers 3
Phats = D'oh

Mississippi at Auburn- For Leeann and Pissy(Auburn)
If this one was in Oxford might be inclined to pick the Rebs, minus their classy fans, I thought the SEC was suppose to have the proper gentlemen type fans, I have read incidents from Auburn, Bama, and Mississippi. Wow I got off topic. Anywho Tigers win in a boring game
AUBURN 33 mississippi 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 17 mississippi 3
Phats = WOOHOO

South Carolina at Tennessee- For Tiggysmum(Tennessee)
If this were womens basketball I know who I'd pick, but it's not. Not been impressed at all by UT, and after losing to a decent but not great Bama team, still not impressed. Besides how can one pick against the Cocks with a QB named Smelly.
SOUTH CAROLINA 24 tennessee 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE TENNESSEE 27 south carolina 24 OT(Great game!)
Phats = D'oh

Ohio at Bowling Green- For Skii(Ohio)
Hmm Bobcats having a roller coaster type year, get ready for another down
BOWLING GREEN 52 ohio 46
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO 38 bowling green 27
Phats = D'oh

Idaho at Nevada- For Mr Shife(Idaho)
Well, I see Shife as a good blog buddy, and I can spare a loss if they can't pull this off, but gosh darn it I believe in the Vandals! "was that right Cher, do I get to keep my kneecaps!" I am also scared of going to Shife's blog and seeing his dog eating Purdue Pete ACK! Vandals shock the Pack
IDAHO 42 nevada 32
EDIT FINAL SCORE NEVADA 37 idaho 21
Phats = D'oh

Boise State at Fresno State- For Duck(Boise State)
Boise has quietly put together another excellent season. They face another tough test in Fresno though, I questioned BSU's defense, and they will show me what they are made of coming up huge with the game winning stop.
BOISE STATE 31 fresno state 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 34 fresno state 21
Phats = WOOHOO


Nebraska at Texas- For Travis(Nebraska), and Gary, and Cheryl(Texas)
Not the best place to have to play after dropping some tough games. I hate Texas and I am not sure why, but I do. However, that's not enough to make me pick the Huskers, sorry Travis. Hook Em Horns will rough up the boys from the cornfields
TEXAS 44 nebraska 20
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS 28 nebraska 25(so close Travis)
Phats = WOOHOO

Duke at Florida State- For David(Duke)
David was suppose to guest pick but never got back to me oh well. His Devils have played much better this year, and the good news is basketball is starting soon. Florida State in a closer than expected game
FLORIDA STATE 24 duke 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE FLORIDA STATE 25 duke 6
Phats = WOOHOO


Northwestern at Purdue
It will be a happy Homecoming crowd at Ross Ade Saturday, as the Boilers will score early and often and send the Cats back to Evanston with a loss. While Northwestern will put some points on the board it won't be enough, Boilers Win!!

PURDUE 42 northwestern 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE PURDUE 35 northwestern 17 YAY!!


Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!

BTFU!!!

17 Comments:

At 10:46 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

Hey Phats, I agree, Pitt had a TOUGH loss last week, unreal. But this week i think they will easily beat Cinci in a shoot out. I say 34 - 21

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Thank you Phats!!! You're my heroooooooo!!! :)

I may miss most of the game due to my offsprings soccer game butttttttt I'll wear headphones!! :)

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Ohhhh and BTFU!

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rolll Tide! oh, we're not playing this week.... you need to pick against us to start building up the Mojo for next week against LSU!!! Keep talking bad about us "a descent but not great Bama Team" I hear ya....

Hook 'Em Horns! Go Texas..

I'll even say Go Eagles for Cinders.... and they are nowhere near the Cowboys...

Boiler Up!!

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Yeah, Phats, I love the way you're setting Bama up...keep talking negative...make us look average...that's an EXCELLENT plan.And remember to pick LSU BIG next week,because then we might have a chance (who knows? I can dream, right?)

Seriously...I am SO sad when it is an off-week. Granted we need a break. But I ate my Tide not being anywhere around!!

Hey, the South is full of gentlemen. Those gentlemen just like to drink a bit much at football games...hence, the bottle throwing! They're still all good guys! :-)

How FUN that you get be out on the field again? Are the alumni cheerleaders cheering too? That's really cool!!

Boiler Up!!!! I think you guys should win without a problem!!!

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

okay that comment was full of typos. Sorry! I obviously meant, "I HATE my Tide not being anywhere around!"

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Rocket- I don't pay as close attention to the NFL as I do to college so I wasn't sure how good Cincy was ha I was covering my backside.

SHannon- That's a dedicated fan for sure headphones at your daughter's game haha you rock!

Gary- When I wrote it I thought this doesn't sound good, but I didn't change it I wanted to get your attention! :) hahaha Have I ever mentioned I don't like Saban?

Cheryl- We don't have an off week this year 12 straight weeks. I am very excited I love the alumni cheerleading it's awesome.

Cheryl- I wasn't going to say a word

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger JM said...

Rutgers is a tough team to beat. I'm thinking along the same lines as you for this game.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hope you are right about Auburn.
The win that is...not the boring part! ;)
Have a great weekend.

 
At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This year is good proof we need a playoff system. We take a couple of weeks off the pre-season and do it like the basketball playoffs with fewer teams. Two from each conference. And we're done ...


~Jef

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Angel- It'll be a good game

Leeann- WAR EAGLE!

Edge- I hope they NEVER go to a playoff system. I am sorry but that would suck, I love the bowls, each and every one of them! If anything a plus 1 would be the way to go, not playoffs.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Tena Russ said...

PURDUE 42 northwestern 21

Well, we'll just see about that, won't we? As I told you, I went to NU.

I linked to you too. Now we are crosslinked. That sounds weird.

Have fun today.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Gee thanks for that vote of confidence. "I like DG so
KENT STATE 10 central michigan 6"

Thanks. You're so sweet. :P

 
At 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your win! I'm not even sulking.

 
At 4:49 AM , Blogger DaBich said...

YAY for the Steelers! Nice call, Phats.
We watched the game, while eating my homemade Stromboli...YUMMY!

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger cher said...

i don't know about your kneecaps. maybe just one.

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

woohoo purdue! boiler up phats!
and how on earth did i miss that you were going to be on the field!!?! so is that what homecoming is...?

damien says "howzit" and "GO BOILERS"!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home