Monday, February 28, 2011

It's been a great few days

Here is your phats update!

I have had basically just an amazing two week stretch here, and I can't even lie.. yes most of it has to do with sports! My beloved Boilermakers are on a 6 game winning streak right, 1 game out of 1st place in the Big Ten with an overall record of 24-5 coming off a 67-47 win AT Michigan State. You don't go into the Breslin Center and beat the Spartans by 20, and that's exactly what we did. We are playing really well right now, heading into March Madness. We have 2 games left, Tuesday Illinois, and that will be an emotional game as that is Senior Night and Etwaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson will be honored after the game to what should be an amazing crowd, and then finish the Big Ten season at Iowa. After that we head to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Mens Basketball tournament where I am pretty sure we have clinched no worse than the three seed. The odds of OSU losing one game aren't great, but stranger things have happened, would love to see Moore and JJ go out with another big ten title. Right now we appear to be in line for a #2 seed in March Madness, which will also help in placement for the first two rds as we will likely get to play close to home in Chicago. I for one am STOKED! Lets keep it rolling Boilers!! As for my bracket contest I am still planning on doing it, heard from a few of and would love more of you to do it as well, especially first timers! Come on give it a shot you can even pick the teams by their mascot!! If interested shoot me an email at phats_blog_email@yahoo.com

Our weather has been CRAZY! A week ago we were getting slammed by another ice storm, I about broke my wrist scrapping my car after work. Then on Friday we got hit by more snow and ice, bad enough that school was canceled! Then came the warm up, a rapid one, a quick one gone is all the snow, but the warm up brought severe thunderstorms, including tornado watches and warnings! How crazy to go from snow and ice to tornadoes. I have a feeling it's going to be an active stormy spring around here, after the winter we had. I believe we have one more snow storm to get through and we might FINALLY be done with winter. I sure hope so anyway since girls tennis season starts March 14th, i'd really like to get the girls outside for practice.

Who is watching the Amazing Race!? SPOILER IF YOU DVR IT DON'T READ
I am in love with this season already, not only in HD, but they brought back teams for redemption. At first I was hesistant because doing a season of teams you have already had is risky, but so far two episodes in it's been good! I am remembering teams more and more, and I can say I have favorites, and I have teams I really can't stand. Going to sound bad, but I am not a fan of the deaf kid and his mom, no not because he's deaf, and I remember this from last time he just whines WAY too much it drove me nuts, also not a huge fan of Jamie and Cara. First off you're not NFL Cheerleaders you're NFL DANCERS ya that bugs me :) I seem to remember one of them was really rude to a taxi driver, like a total bitch. I do want them to hang around awhile though for entertainment value if nothing else. I did like Amanda, and Kris and felt bad they were the first to go, but at least this time it was their own damn fault on the U-Turn, unlike their last attempt. My favorite teams though are Zev and Justin I loved them the first time and I was so upset when the one lost his passport!! Also really like Gary and Mallory she just cracks me up, and Jen and Kisha. I remember being pissed at Jen too when she peed before getting to the pit stop, what a dumb move. My favorite team though has to be the Globetrotters, come on who doesn't like the globetrotters!! They are awesome, seem to have a fun time on the race, and are competitive. I hope they win, but I am not sure I can see it. Who do you all think will win, anyone you rooting for or not rooting for???

Also loving this season of American Idol so far. Last year was a dud, which sucked since it was Simon's last year, but it just didn't do it. I think they are redeeming themselves nicely this year, and although they say this every year I do believe this might be one of the most talented groups they have put together. Tuesday the guys start singing on the stage shows, so it will be interesting to see how they do. I have favorites a few of them actually, but I love the 15 now 16 yr old girl Lauren wow she is amazing! I can't even believe she's only 16 with that voice and stage presence interested to see how she does on Wednesday. I think the new judges have fit in nice as well, love JLo, and Steven Tyler has been hilarious as well as has been good for some laughs. Can't wait for the top 12 to start.

Alright I figured I needed to update since it had been awhile. Remember to let me know if you want in the bracket contest, Selection Sunday is two weeks away!!

Phats

8 Comments:

At 12:41 AM , Blogger Thomas said...

Wow. Those Boiler Boys are on fire!! Can't wait to see how they do once March Madness gets going.

I'm also enjoying the Race. I don't really have a favorite, but it's great to see so many familiar faces.

I can still remember laughing when Luke tripped on that steep hill while trying to carry that thing of cheese on his back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip7sfgkkNa8

Probably my favorite challenge ever.

 
At 6:42 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

Ummmmmm NOW who didn't mention game night???

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Thomas- I know I am excited for March, obviously haha. We're playing really well. I loved that challenge I remember laughing at ALL of them, yes that and of course the one last season where I can't remember if it was brooke or claire took the watermelon to the face are my favorites.

Bekah- Touche my friend

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

AR - Love it, pulling for the Goth's!

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I'm glutton for punishment but I'm in.

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Nice job Boilers. Good luck in the tourney, and I would love to see your boys play Duke in the tournament because you would beat their Blue Devil asses.
Amazing Race is awesome. The goths and the NFL dancers are my least favorite teams. I am pulling for the cowboys right now. I got a little worried when they took forever on that task and were in last place.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

hey Phats! I hope all is well with you.
xo
Lee Ann

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

I got your message the other day. Did you still want me to participate? I know everything started today... however, we can jump those brackets... I don't know who's playing or where... but I am willing to participate! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home