Monday, February 21, 2011

My ears are still ringing, but how sweet that sound is

That sound would be the sweet sweet taste of VICTORY baby!! Today I spent the day at Mackey Arena watching my beloved Boilermakers battle the #2 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes, a team that handed us a CRUSHING loss back in January, and lets just say we had revenge on our minds. Mackey Arena is magically I know some of you might be laughing but it's one of the best atmospheres in college hoops, and an amazing home court advantage. So about the game, lets just say I lost my voice, I have cramp in my leg from jumping up and down, and I am pretty sure I might have elbowed somebody when JaJaun threw down a dunk as time expired. That's right the Boilers won 76-63 and at times I seriously felt like the roof of Mackey Arena was going to come off. It was so loud that about 50 mins after the game my ears were STILL ringing. I previously said that the MSU game this year was the loudest I have ever heard it, this trumps that by a MILE.

I have to give a shoutout to one of my LONGTIME favorite players for Purdue as Etwaun Moore aka Smooge was simply ON FIRE. Coming into today's game he needed only 11 pts to crack 2000 for his career at Purdue, and lets just say that was accomplished by halftime. As he was well on his way to a career high 38 pts and he was simply amazing, hitting threes off 1 foot, slashing and scoring, and of course the circus shot that he almost appeared to juggle while in mid air. Simply AMAZING, and to do it against OSU wow. The other shoutout to the Paint Crew for those that don't know the idiots that are Sullinger, Kraft, and Diebler for OSU let their athletic deptartment film them singing Party in the USA, and of course it was leaked. The Paint Crew serenaded Sullinger when he shot his free throws today it was classic, however I might be partial to the "Subway Diet" chant as he shot as well. It was just a GREAT GREAT day and although we need help we are back in the Big Ten race, and of course no rest for the weary as our next game is a heated rival at IU. BRING IT ON! Here are game highlights enjoy! 10 sec mark is the insane circus shot you gotta see it.



BTFU
Phats

7 Comments:

At 1:15 AM , Blogger Thomas said...

Wow. I was at Godfather's Pizza this evening with my wife and there was an older couple that was watching a basketball game.

Remembering the colors that the teams were wearing as I glanced up at the screen, I now know they were watching the Boilers.

I would have watched as well if only I'd known the teams that were playing. Regardless, congrads on the big win and all the best to Purdue in Indy!!

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

You know, I have to tell you...I have a friend on Facebook (Actually I do know her in real life) who is a good friend of my parents'...and also their age. She totally gives you a run for your money on Purdue fan life. Last night her post sounded a lot like yours - about how exhausted she was from all the cheering. Y'all are loyal!!

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

Cool!
Oh, and Phats, I gave you a blog award, you can see it here.
:)

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Thomas- It probably was it was on CBS man you could have seen me on tv haha ok probably not in the 14000 people there but you never know haha. And thanks!! it was a great day

Bekah- I don't think she could hahaha I am a diehard Can't wait til Saturday!! DUTCH BLITZ!!!!

Angel- COOL!!! I will pop right over and check it out :)

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

2000 pts in a college career? That's almost unimaginable. Now I need to YouTube the Paint Crew!

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Phats said...

J Noel- Yep! he has been a star, more impressive is he has 1000 pts in Big Ten play, and the best part he is an academic all american.

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Sweet sassy molassey! I think you already have March Madness.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home