Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I think my back is broken


Haven't updated for awhile, so here ya go. Glad you enjoyed, or seemed to the last post going to try and do more like that! So you all know I hate winter, well we got completely dumped on by mother nature, and I am not sure when or if it's going to end all this winter shit is gonna be gone. It all started about a week ago they were forecasting a major winter storm coming our way, and for once I actually believed them. It started to come in late Monday night, and umm it didn't stop until late Wednesday night. At one point in time we got 10 straight hours of sleet, yes I counted! When it looked like it had finally passed through and we could get back to somewhat normal life, mother nature decided to screw with me even more and dumped an unexpected additional 5 inches on top of what we already had on the ground this past Saturday. I feel like I shoveled so much I broke my back, at one point in time you couldn't get in or out of our driveway, partly due to the plow, partly do to the snow. We got a little lucky I guess in one regard in that the counties south of us got ALL ice, my sister got close to 5 inches of ice.

People that like winter, or think this stuff is pretty need to have their head examined. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, right now no snow in the forecast just bitter bitter cold calling for a windchill tonight of negative 25 degrees. However, they are saying above freezing starting this weekend for a few days so alot of this mess should finally be gone!! UGH WINTER SUCKS here is some of the aftermath of one of my numerous shoveling ventures, I took these with my cell so not the best quality.
Big rivalry game tonight as the Boilers tangle with the hated hoosiers at Mackey Arena!! Can't wait hoping for a dominating Boilermaker victory against our little sisters to the south. Tip off is 7pm on ESPN. When these two teams meet you can throw away the records, like most rivalries still think us being at home, we will have too much firepower for them and pull away in the second half to pretty easy win.
Purdue 84 iu 61

BOILER UP!!!!
Phats

8 Comments:

At 6:02 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

So your house looked about like mine. ICK!!!!! But yes I heard about the land of solid ice...and I'm glad at least we had some snow mixed in.

Sorry you broke your back. I was right there with you!

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

Hopefully the storm that just hit us here in Denver doesn't hit you.

Think of snow shoveling as good exercise, it's what I do. It's good pain.

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Bek- I know we were texting about shoveling this crap haha I can't wait til spring I am actually getting excited I saw a robin

Rocket- Thankfully they said that storm is going south of us PHEW! We have a warm up coming I will take the mess and flooding to get rid of this crap for sure

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger TOPolk said...

-25 dF? Shoveling snow? Sleet AND ice?

Pardon my French... Fuck that. You'd fit in nicely in Savannah or Charleston.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Thomas said...

I can't stand shoveling myself. I'm so lazy about it that I'll make just enough space for one car to get out and then, just barely. I almost got stuck yesterday.

I agree that breaking one's back is a pisser, though not quite as bad as breaking something that rhymes with back.

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Topolk- haha Oh I totally agree I am a warm weather boy. I hate this crap

Thomas- haha you and I are alot alike I did the same thing, til I couldn't get out then I had to shovel I hate it. Ha my back isn't really broken I was being a smartass but you're definitely right

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Dude I am right there with you on winter. I am definitely moving someplace warm when me and Mrs. Shife retire. I hope snowgasm 2011 ends soon and warmer weather is right around the corner. BTFU!!!

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

It's actually snowed in ALABAMA like four times this year...it's insane!!! But today it's reached 64 degrees, so I can feel Spring coming our way. Hooray!

And, yes, you know that I will be all over the Bracket Challenge!! Gotta defend!!! (And I am crossing my fingers for Bama to make the bracket. I would be beside myself if they do!!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home