Friday, January 21, 2011

Mackey Arena will be ROCKING

UPDATE- it's 1:33 am and I am just getting home from Purdue and a day that started at 530 AM. I am totally exhausted but this has been one of the greatest days EVER. College Game Day was AMAZING the Boilers totally represented Rece Davis of ESPN called Mackey the best atmosphere of all the places they have been. Then there was the game holy crap it was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think, I haven't heard it that loud in a LONG time if ever. But the final cherry on top the Boilers won!!! Leading for pretty much 30 mins of the game. I have no voice, I am dogtired, but man I am happy. BOILER UP!


Hey kids
First off before I get into the topic for today's blog, wanted to thank all of you for the kind comments on my previous post. I really went back and forth on whether or not I should post it, as many of you know I am pretty private and wasn't sure. However, I am very glad I did, and if it helped raise awareness or even changed 1 person's mind to become a donor then I am really glad I posted it. If you have no clue what I am talking about scroll down and read my previous post :)

Alright now lets get to the topic at hand. I feel like lately I have been VERY good at staying away from sports posts, however tonight I have to because a very special occasion is taking place Saturday at Purdue. That's right College Gameday makes their way to Mackey Arena to spotlight our Boilers as they take on the Michigan State Spartans. For those that don't know, College Gameday started out a college football tradition where they would pick a game to spotlight go on campus start broadcasting early in the morning and do special features. Well, they chose to start doing it with basketball and now the Boilers will make their first appearance. While I am totally a homer when it comes to this, Mackey Arena when it's rocking and rolling is truly the loudest arena in the country. If you don't believe me most commentators agree with me as well as opposing coaches, even in down year's it's one of the toughest venues to play in, and when the Boilers are rolling it's LOUD. At times when the place is going so crazy you can barely hear yourself think, and when IU comes to town no matter what records are forget about it. Adding to the madness is the one of the country's best students sections in the Paint Crew. They will be in full force when Gameday does their first live spot bright and early Saturday morning, they are being let in to Mackey at 7:30am. This is one of the pre-approved campout games for the Paint Crew as well, if it were up to them every game would be a campout where they put up tents and wait to get the best seats, unfortunately living in Indiana in the winter where tomorrow our windchill is suppose to be negative 15 that's not always wise.

So, look for me I am heading over with some friends BRIGHT and early and I am going to get on gameday. Here is the schedule if you want to follow along
Live hits by the gameday crew will start on the 9am Sports Center on ESPN
10 AM ESPNU takes over for an hour of coverage
11 AM ESPN takes over for their hour of coverage
8 PM ESPN for another hour
9PM ESPN GAME TIME BABY!

Should be an amazing night, and hopefully end with an amazing win! It will be nice to see Digger Phelps FINALLY make his way to Mackey Arena, when he was coaching at Notre Dame he once said there are no roads from South Bend to West Lafayette because he was scared to play us. Welcome to Mackey Digger prepare to hear it from Boiler faithful. One thing I know for sure this place

WILL BE ROCKING! BOILER UP!

5 Comments:

At 2:13 AM , Blogger TOPolk said...

Wait a sec. Clemson got College (Basketball) Gameday before Purdue did? Someone at ESPN should be fired for that oversight. We're soooo not a basketball school.

Hope you enjoy the pomp and circumstance. From what I hear it's a good time. (And Digger's a nut)

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Thomas said...

I don't generally watch college basketball, but this post has got me curious on what the arena's like when the crowd is super-fired (boiled) up. I'll try to watch for a bit tomorrow evening and win or lose, hope you have a great time!

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Topolk- Were you all playing Duke? I think I remember when you had it there. I am excited I went when we had gameday for football it's a fun day.

Thomas- Ya!! You should watch Mackey is awesome, my best moments in college were on the floor there

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

Who do you got this weekend? I am going with Steelers 21 - 17 and the Pack 24 - 21.

The dream SuperBowl Steelers v Packers. I'd be rooting for the Steelers but the Pack is my #2 team so I can't lose.

 
At 1:36 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Hmm For you I will go with the Steelers and other side give me the Bears although I don't like Cutler.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home