Help Wanted
Hey Kids
Haven't blogged in awhile so thought it was time. So it's coming up on my favorite time of the year, that's right March Madness!! As one Dick Vitale would say "IT'S AWESOME BABY!" I absolutely can't wait, and it's literally my favorite time of the year and something I look forward. It is in my opinion the single greatest sporting event out there, and the first weekend of play is absolutely CRAZY! This year, CBS is using its other networks so you don't miss a minute of any action and staggering tip times so you can catch ALL the crazy finishes. As always I am prepared to do my annual Blogger Bracket Challenge, but here is where the title of this post comes in. I NEED HELP :) I know what most of you are saying DUH. Anyway, this is where YOU come in. In order for this contest to work I need you my wonderful, and amazing blog friends to participate. Basically I need 12 bloggers(at least) to make it work, so I am basically begging, and pleading here. You might be saying what's in it for me, well glad you asked the winner gets a very nice prize don't believe ask one of our former winners I think you'll find they were pretty happy. If you are interested in seeing how it all works, take a look at my archives from last March and scroll til you find a post where everyone picks. If you are lurker and don't comment and you want to participate you are more than welcome just shoot me an email at phats_blog_email@yahoo.com Alright enough of me begging it's kind of pathetic.
Sticking to basketball, dear old Phats is on cloud 9 tonight because my Boilers ranked #11 in the country beat #10 Wisconsin at home 70-62 in front of a ROWDY Mackey Arena crowd. We are now solely in second place chasing #2 ranked Ohio State who we happen to play on Sunday, yeah this was kind of a big week in Purdue athletics. We are not only playing to stay in the Big Ten race, but for seeding come tournament time I am seeing us anywhere from 2-5 We'd have to be really lucky, and not lose to get a 2. The latest bracketology on ESPN has us as 3 seed, and the draw Mr Lunardi gave us I would take in a HEARTBEAT! So remember to BOILER UP Sunday as we need a little more Mackey Magic and another big win vs the Suckeyes.
Lets talk some TV.
This is also a great week for television, one of my favorite shows, American Idol, is in Hollywood week and tonight was group night which is always high drama. How sad when that group kicked out the 15 yr old forcing him to find a new group at like 3am. Luckily he found a new group and although he forgot his lyrics to "mercy" he and the rest of his new group advanced. I am really digging Idol this year, last year lets face it wasn't one of the best seasons but this year's talent seems to be really good. I also like the new judges, Steven Tyler has been hilarious, and JLo not only hot, but has been a good judge as well. I am ready for the real performances to start now. Also starting this week is the new season of Amazing Race on Sunday and it's a redemption season bringing back some teams that were close but falterd. Some of the teams I couldn't remember, some i'd rather not have back, but I can't wait for this show to start. I loved the Globetrotters on their original season, so I was really happy to see them back. Come on they are freaking Globetrotters!! The new season starts this Sunday. Glee has been exceptional since its return, the post super bowl episode was GREAT, infact their halftime show at their game was better than anything the Black Eyed Peas did at the super bowl. However, the Valentines episode was one of my all time favorites, and reminded me of why I fell for this show in the first place. Last night's episode wasn't one of my favorites it seemed to lag on, however, it did get you in the emotional gut when Will took Sue to the Children's cancer ward wow again it's a slow episode and all of a sudden it pulls you back in. Got to love it!
We are finally get a break from mother nature's wrath!! After having one of the harshest stretches of winter I can ever remember, we are experiencing highs that are close to records this week. It seems like Thanksgiving it turned bitterly cold, and it hasn't been warm since so this is very nice and I am really enjoying every minute of it. Winter lasts long enough but when it starts that early and we either have snow, ice, sleet, or cold since Thanksgiving it makes me want to shoot myself. It was 60 today and the snow that leads to our front door still hasn't melted!! The good news even with a cool down coming it's going to stay above freezing. I am sure we will get one more blast of winter, but I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Nothing else for you, my tennis season starts March 14th, that is rapidly approaching I should probably start preparing haha. Hope everyone is doing well, and help me out with the bracket challenge, come on you know you want to!!
Phats


11 Comments:
Oh dear....I need to solicit my help!! :)
And I am SO STINKING EXCITED about the warm temps!I have no words!!!
I'd be glad to be one of the Terrible Twelve and also can't wait for the Race. Not only do I love the Trotters, but seeing the Cowboys and Goths also puts a smile on my face.
I'm in. Looking forward to defending my title.
Bekah- You did very well the last two years if I remember right??
Thomas- SWEET!!! New blood :) When it gets closer to time I will just need to make sure I have your email.
Topolk- You have the pressure of being the defending champion
AR, we can't wait as well. Are you doing an AR pool? I'm in as well. rocketstar1@gmail.com
Phats, i know you gave up Survivor but the first show was awesome and Redemption Island throws a huge great twist into the game. You could still watch the first episode online and then start with the second one next Wed....
Hey buddy, nice win over the Badgers, and good luck against the Suckeyes. If you are short people I will help out with your March Madness, and I am glad to hear you are getting a break from Mother Nature. Have a good one.
Rocket- you're in for the bracket contest? An AR pool would be cool wonder if we could find enough people. Ha I dunno I just can't stand to suffer thru another season of Russell, plus it's on Opposite Idol.
Shife- I was already counting you in hahaha so that is good to know :) Yes it was a HUGE win Sunday would be even HUGER(I know not a word)
Oh, I thought it was an AR pool but it's a March Madness pool. It woudl be a 100% guess for me, so I'll pass on that. Good luck!
You should totally do the march madness pool you could go by nicknames and I give away a prize haha :)
Now that footballs gone all I have left is the bracket.
Don't give up on Survivor I think it's going to be a good season./
Dan- You should be in my bracket challenge!! haha I gave up on survivor a few seasons ago. Just can't get into the whole russell show again
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home