Sunday, December 02, 2007

I think I am skipping work tomorrow because of exhaustion

Hello all,
How is everyone today? It's been wacky here in Indiana. Last night some of us got ice, today we're having thunderstorms interesting weather I tell ya. I am so tired I slept til 1 today soundly, and enjoyed every minute of it. Yesterday I finished my Christmas shopping, then came home and played 5 sets of tennis ugh I was so tired when I got home. However, I did finish ALL my Christmas shopping woohoo!! What are you all getting me??

So, how about this college football mess we have? I have to admit I was rooting hard for Oklahoma, and Pitt to win so that Ohio State would play for the title again. I had no idea both WVU and Missouri would choke. I don't know if you all remember this but yours truly predicted OSU would play a SEC team with three letters starting with L for the national title. Wow, looks like that will happen now. Should be a good game, but I give the slight edge to LSU. I betcha anything television is relieved it's not WVU vs Missouri since that wouldn't bring in the ratings that OSU vs anyone would. Also, I don't think Hawaii belongs in the BCS whatsoever, they have not played ANYONE, their best win was over Boise State and that was at home. Their schedule is a joke, the WAC is a joke, and if they get a BCS bid they will be a joke. Still have no idea where the Boilers are going, alot depends on if the Big Ten gets 2 BCS teams or not. If they do, it looks like the Insight Bowl in Phoenix AZ, and if 2 don't get in the BCS looks like the Armed Forces Bowl in Texas. Either way I am not making the trip this year, just not possible. By the way all you guest pickers this season will be hearing from me as soon as all the bowl match ups come out.

Anything going on with you all? I am going to get right to all your blogs here after I finish this, I know I have been bad lately. I just keep saying to myself a couple more weeks and I will be on Christmas Vacation!! WOOHOO!!! Wow it's pouring!

Everyone have a great week
Phats

21 Comments:

At 4:31 PM , Blogger Tena Russ said...

Hi,

It's crummy here too. Ice and snow... gray skies. To add insult to injury, I caught a bad cold. Sniff, sniff. Hack, hack.

I've been bad at visiting blogs too. That NaBloPoMo thing nearly did me in.

Are you going away on your break?

I'm about to send my poem to Cher. You're a chicken, ya know? No guts; no glory.

Dancing with the Stars is off and I'm in withdrawal.

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Tena- There is a LOT of illness going around I would like to avoid it all together, but if I have to get it I want it soon, because last year I was sick Christmas Day, and on the first day of the Bowl Trip. We usually go to the Purdue Bowl game but given some circumstances this year will be better to be home with family.

I SENT IN A POEM!!! it sucked but it was a poem, and I bribed Cher to pick mine

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Well, we shall see here in 1 hour and 15 minutes who will be the #1 and #2 matchup. I really think OSU will be the 1st team, but I might give the edge to USC. Not too sure. LSU did beat a tough UT team. I was so mad last night I couldn't even go to sleep. It was bad.

How I envy you for your Christmas shopping being done, and sleeping in until 1 PM!! WTH!! I went to bed at 1:15 and was up at 7:30. Thanks to a pesky 4 year old and 2 dogs who had to Pee!! LOL

Have a great week.... GO to work.
ROFL!

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger preTzel said...

Welcome back Phats. I thought maybe your make up session with the girl friend didn't go some where and she might have buried you under some bleachers somewhere. ;)

So, what did you get me for Christmas? What? I'm not on your list? You heartless bastard! After all I do for you...oh wait, you're not my husband. Scratch that. :)

I'm sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon. Weather here has been: ice, rain, ice, snow. In that order.

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger preTzel said...

That should be "go so well," not "go some where". DOH! I feel feverish...do I look flushed? Oye. I need to go lie down now.

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger preTzel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, you finished your Christmas shopping? I am impressed and jealous.
We are going to get those storms tonight. It is supposed to bring a cold front in, which would be fine with me. I think November and December should feel cold outside, not like springtime.
Have a great week Phats.
Get some rest!

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

The WAC may be a joke. But I have to admit that Hawaii looks cool with all that hair. They have to be the hairiest team in the NCAA.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger JM said...

Yes, take the day off!! I think you deserve it!

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Tiggy- VS Wisky that will be a TOUGH game the Badgers always play well in bowls

Pretzel- I got you a pretzel with cheese sauce! I am not sick, at least I don't think so, and not buried alive haha :) Is that what you do to your husband?

Leeann- I think your cold and my cold are WAYY different haha.

Fuzz- AMEN to that. I think UGA will put the hurt on them

Angel- Since you're a doctor will you call in for me?

 
At 3:07 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i'm not suprised you're bushed dude!!!
not much going on my end, damien's still away...
starting to miss him terribly now!

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger DaBich said...

I'm pretty much finished with Christmas shopping also, all except my 21 year daughter. We'll get her done in about 2 weeks, when she can go with me and try on things!
The Steelers won last night Woot!

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Duck said...

I think you're being too hard on Hawaii big guy. The same exact arguments were being made against Boise State last year and we all saw how that turned out. I personally think they're an awfully good team, and I hope they beat Georgia. I'll be watching, that's for sure.

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I am just glad Hawaii made it to a BCS game because that means the Vandals get a nice chunk of change. The WAC has revenue sharing so we will get about 500K for being a crappy last place team.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Skiingred said...

I totally don't understand the how the polls work -- doesn't seem really fair, but that's probably why I'm not a football expert!

Congrats on the Christmas shopping -- I'm making most of my gifts this year!

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Phats! I hope that you are not too exhausted! We are getting weird weather too, lots and lots of snow and it's sooooo cold!!
I hope that you had a great thanksgiving.

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger cher said...

you bribed me?
when?
with what?
dammit phats, i already picked the winner!

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Tina said...

oooh u cant pick on hawaii! ;) i got family there and it was where i wed justin, errr Jeff heheh

have a great week!

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Wow!!! I am tired just reading about all your activities!! (Kinda sounds like how my weekend went. Busy too!) Good for you for getting your Christmas presents bought!!! Doesn't that feel good? (I think I have just three left to good...very good for me!!).

This football season has been the absolutely CRAZIEST!!! After Saturday night i just couldn't believe that 1 and 2 lost AGAIN (but I guess I should have seen that coming!) I watched the Hawaii game too adn thought they were gonna lose it. I like Hawaii, butI do think that Georgia will kill them! We played Hawaii two seasons ago and beat them pretty good (and we weren't even very good..but I think the style of play here is so much different than out there. They will have a tough time!). Surprised me that it ended up being LSU and OSU after all. Of course, I'll have to cheer for the SEC again (woo hoo!!), although I still don't like LSU.

Bama plays Georgetown tonight here in Bham. I WISH I had tickets!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

I wish I could sleep until 1 in the afternoon. That sounds so awesome.

 
At 1:48 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Angel- I am glad Damien is back!

Dabich- WOOHOO what did you get me?

Duck- The difference is Boise actually played some teams. I truly believe Hawaii will be outclassed vs UGA

Shife- I believe the Big Ten does that as well, but it's probably more important to the Vandals

Skii- Making gifts? Can you make me something :)

Carmel- Thanks I had a great Thanksgiving!

Cher- Geesh I bribed you with my charm and good looks

Tina- I am so glad you laugh at my jeff/justin thing. I swear I don't know where I got that HAHAHA :)

Cheryl- Bama must have played well 10 pt loss to G'town isn't bad at all. We beat Testicle Tech(Ball State) tonight WOOHOO!

Phoenix- It was nice and MUCH needed my friend you should take a day off

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home