I think i'll just quietly move on
Can someone please explain to me how you sleepwalk thru 3 quarters of a rivalry game, then figure you can wake up in the 4th and still win it? Yes, we lost to IU 27-24, in a game that was UGLY early and never looked good til the 4th. With 2 mins to go in the third we finally scored a TD to make it 24-10, and after some 3 and outs we score again in the fourth quarter with 6 mins to go to make it 24-17. We force a fumble take it all the way down score and send Boiler Nation into hysterics tying it at 24-24 and what do we do, we let them march right into field goal range and kick the game winner. I will give the IU kicker credit it was a 49 yarder. This one frustrated me, and yet again(I don't want to sound like I am blaming them) the refs had some puzzling calls. Not that it would have mattered in the first three quarters. Everytime we go into the red zone we went backwards, either on sacks or penalities, or missed a field goal. Now it becomes very interesting we will probably end up in Texas or Vegas for our bowl, although not sure we deserve it really. A lot of fans are calling for Tiller's firing, I am not sure if he'll survive this, even though I hope he does because he turned us around. We have dominated IU since he arrived they were bound to get us eventually. Loved the class the IU players and fans showed after the game as well, pretty much pushing our team out of the way to get the bucket classless losers. Oh well, on to basketball season.
As for the picks, after the NFL games here is how it shook out. In a very very weird final pick em the three of us, Duck, Shife, and I all tied. Thanks for participating you two.
Phats = 7-7 (111-49 for the season)
Shife = 7-7
Duck = 7-7
This was the last installment of the picks because this was Purdue's last game until their bowl game. I will probably do what I did last year and be checking in with all your guest pickers and give you some games to pick so be watching for my email. Thanks again to all who participated this season, it makes it more fun and I really do appreciate it.
I owe Gary and Cheryl a HUGE apology. I thought I was safe picking Bama to win today, and when I saw the score if I could have had access to a computer I would have changed my pick I promise. What happened? Let down game or something? Big win for Jef and Fuzz's Red Raiders as they knock off Oklahoma, oddly enough it's not out of the question for Ohio State to get back to the national title game.
Well, I am depressed after the loss, losing is bad but losing to IU is downright awful. Just to give you and idea what we Boiler fans endure, this will be ALL over the local media for the next week, meanwhile none of the local media covered Purdue's last two bowl games. This state loves IU and shows major bias everyway possible. I will have to avoid everything sports related for awhile.
Thanks again for putting up with sports! I have some ideas for some new posts that have nothing to do with sports, exciting eh? Maybe I will bring back Phat Tuesdays. Everyone have a great Sunday, I am going to start putting up my Christmas decorations.
Phats
My links went away for some reason, I have since fixed them. If you don't see yourself on here and want to be please let me know I was going from memory. A couple I took off because they no longer read or comment on this blog, and Tina it says your profile doesn't exist? Shannon if you get a blog again I will readd you.


23 Comments:
Sorry about the loss. Even if you did say some disparaging remarks about the Raiders, I will not rub it in with your dismally bad pick of Oklahoma.
And NCAA officiating has sucked hard this year.
you sound pretty down man. i was surprised by a lot of those scores yesterday myself, including that one.
Hey buddy! Sorry to hear about your loss!
I was surprised about that and the Oklahoma loss. But I was happy for Texas Tech!
Maybe in one of your posts, you can put up pictures of the Christmas decorations.
Aw, hell.
I think you're missing the positive side....at least they came back some and didn't make it a 27-3 game! I think that's great for Purdue even if they didn't beat IU. Ha! That rhymes!
Hey! How's come I can't see Nutz's blog anymore?! Does she have a stalker or something?!?! :(
Phats, first I am sorry to hear about Purdue. That just bites big butt. I am glad to see that my VOLS and BUCKS won!!! There is still some college football next weekend too. SO, please pick again next weekend.
Thanks for the great read!
I promising season sure can go to shit in a hurry. Maybe Purdue ina Nebraska can play in the Underachievers Bowl.
Fuzz- I am glad someones team can win a big game!
Duck- I am! It sucks losing.
Angel jr- I might put those up. I have some other posts coming that have to do with pictures as well
Tena- Aw Hell is right!
DG- There is no positive side to losing to the midgets from the south
DG2- She had to make it private, nothing to do with you
Tiggy- Ha I am not sure if I will pick or not depends on if I have snapped out of my funk
Travis- I hear that! Although if our bowl game is in Vegas I might actually change my mind this year and try to go, I wasn't going to go because of various reasons but Vegas might be too hard to turn down
I am boycotting sports radio and sports websites all week long. Because I am DISGUSTED!!!!!! Believe me, I know how you feel right now!!!!
And what's worse is that we play Auburn next week. How in the heck we'll get ready for that game I don't know!
I am watching Dallas right now, but college football is dead for me right now!!
(btw, other sports news--McKenna's high school team lost by just TWO points to Hoover HS in the state playoffs. Hoover is the team that was on MTV's Two-a-Days, they play in a huge stadium that is actually the home of a minor league baseball team in here. It was HUGE and we almost beat them. Missed a field goal in the last 3 seconds. Very emotional loss! So...just a tough sports weekend all around!)
Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!!!!
Sorry about the loss.
Just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!
Oh!
and
W A R E A G L E !!!!! ;-)
Dude I can totally feel your pain as we got pounded by the Donkeys. But at least you get to go to a bowl game. Have a good week even though you lost to those Hoosier bastards. I think I should get a prize for being the worst guest picker.
Cheryl- We can mourn together! Why are you in black?
Mimi- It's ok it's not your fault, I added you to the links I knew I was forgetting someone sorry!! :) Glad you're back
Pissy- HI!
Shife- the donkeys haha funny. Maybe we'll go who knows if we get selected. I sent you a prize haha
This comment has been removed by the author.
blahh.....
Dallas won again! Go Cowboys!
Wait a minute, Shife gets a prize and I don't? Also, thanks for listing me third, even though we all tied, and I'm first alphabetically... ;)
Sorry dude ... sometimes the windshield sometimes the bug.
We beat OU this weekend. What a crazy season it's been.
And I never answered your questions. Crazy busy here.
The band did not go. Our seats were good, corner north endzone. I think they took 8-10. Wife had lots of fun. Mmmm, that's the Aggies who do that. But we made out at home in the most husband and wifely ways.
~Jef
phats, i was happy to see that i made it back on your link list. But sad at how much work i'm going to have to do to get back on top of mr.shife.
Hi Phats,
Just popping in to say hi!!!!
Take Care
They're IU crazy across the Mississippi, and here - Mizzou is on everyone's minds.
Long overdue hello. I would be very grateful if you would visit me to complete the emphasis of this message. Hope you enjoy a happy and meaningful Thanksgiving. xxx
UGH! The Steelers pretty much played the same lousy game. Lost by a field goal. OH well.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home