Here we go Boilers Here we go *clap clap
Ahh yes, it's Friday so that means another Purdue Preview entry. Oh sit down now I know you're all jumping for joy geesh. So, our mighty Boilers take on the Minnesota Golden Gophers on Saturday, 11am(indiana time) on ESPN, the big ten opener for both teams. I am a little nervous for this one, but I do see Purdue pulling it out in a tight contest, as usual my prediction will be at the end, and please write in with your predictions as well. Even if you don't know a damn thing about football!
Just to recap Purdue went to 2-0 by defeating Arizona 31-24, and have now moved to #10/11 in the rankings so exciting times. This should be a great game as strength will match up vs strength. The Purdue rush defense is #1 in the nation holding opponents to somewhere around 35 yds a game on the ground. Minnesota in contrast is the #1 rushing offense in the county with one of the best backs in the country. So, the outcome of the game might be which #1 does better on Saturday, or if Minny can successfully throw the ball. In a stark contrast both teams passing defense have been really bad, so if Purdue can get their passing game going you gotta like our chances. A stat that stands out, both Joe Tiller and Glen Mason(minny coach) were hired the same year, and both have had great succes. However, Mason has beaten every team in the big ten with the exception of Michigan and, yep you guessed it PURDUE!! This fact scares me, because you gotta think they are due at some point right? Lets hope it's not Saturday. This is what bugs me about Minnesota, they play NOBODY in their pre conference schedule. They have beaten, Tulsa, Colorado State, and Florida Atlantic, I guess the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and School for the Blind were busy? They do this every year, and quite frankly if they EVER want to win the big ten this must change. Don't get me wrong I think certain teams should play cupcakes, those teams who are trying to rebuild IE indiana. However Minnesota has proven to be a contender so why they keep playing the all hostess cupcake team is a mystery to me, come on glenn toughen up the schedule. I also don't like all the whining they do when bowl bids come out. You have to be realistic here bowls are all about money, and lets face the gophers don't put butts in the seats. Lets just say I am glad this week went fast! Have I mentioned that I love football Saturdays, I am stoked.
Lets see, what else is going on. I am ready for the tennis season to be over, and will not be sad for it to be over. I have coached for a few years now, and Tues. night was the worst I have ever seen it on the bus ride home. I call it the bus ride from HELL! I was so pissed off I made them ride in complete silence to the match and going home from the match tonight. I threatened them with 2 hrs of non stop conditioning, for you non athletes, that means running. Lets see, I am also tired of having to be nice to a parent who is really pissing me off. Her daughter never listens, but that doesn't matter because she is NEVER wrong, it irritates me. I am even contemplating not doing the girls season in the spring. I dunno we'll see. I want to give a shout out to a blog buddy on our links list, yes that's right the AWESOME, the Mighty, STEPH! I have to say Steph, you seriously ROCK, and I am glad that nutty and I are on your list and found you on blog, pretty much you're BAD ASS in book don't ever change.
I think I might be getting the pre--winter blues. Yes, yes I know it was like 90 degrees today but the fact that it's almost October, and that means snow will be here soon really depresses me. I hate snow, I hate the cold, and I hate having to leave extra early if the roads are bad. I am praying for a light winter, but everyone is saying it's going to be bad GRRRR! DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE! On another topic I love it that karma truly is a bitch. Those of you big brother Janelle fans will love this! The show Regis and Kelly a few weeks ago agreed to have the winner of Big Brother 6 on as a guest right, well after Maggot won it they called CBS and said thanks but no thanks! hahaha!! So, CBS feeling jipped wanted to get the exposure and offered Janelle to go with Maggot, and guess what they caved. Ivette, has also done countless interviews calling Maggot and Eric hypocrites, and dogging Jenn and April, I guess the "friendship" weren't truly the friendship at all. The best part, the Sov 6 + Michael and Ashlea all had dinner together after the finale, according to Rachel. See people, evil isn't rewarded, sure Maggot won money but she will probably not be allowed back to her job, and I say GOOD! Maggot was portrayed too nicely by CBS, however the live feeds showed her to be what she truly is, spawn of satan AKA Eric! In a tribute to Janelle, I say to the fiendsheep BYE BYE BITCHES!. By the way The OC was GREAT tonight, Ryan and Marissa FINALLY got it on HELL YA!
Alright lets get to the predictions shall we?
My upset pick of the week
Wisconsin over Michigan (you should note I correctly called the MSU ove ND upset)
On to Purdue:
This is a big game, because it's the big ten opener on the road and the next two are ND and Iowa, Purdue MUST win this game to keep the special season alive. How I see it, I see Kirsch having a big day thru the air, then getting grinding out a drive to kill the clock at the end, and the D will have a special day shutting down the nation's #1 rush offense. My Prediction
PURDUE 35
minnesota 28
Your turn people!
"Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black.
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever grateful, ever true thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old PURDUE
GO BOILERS!"
Here is your weekly does of the Purdue All American Marching Band, the best damn band in the land, with Fighting Varsity!
Fighting Varsity
REMEMBER TO BOILER UP!


19 Comments:
"Hail Hail to old Seahag to our old ho in black.
Hail Hail to old Seahag our friendship may she never lack
Ever grateful, ever true thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old Seahag
GO Get Bent!"
Phats is a dork, Phats is a dork ..... why have you posted the same entry TWICE?! geesh doofus.
Why don't you and Steph just get a room! Phats is a dork!
Ok on to my prediction:
Purdue 28
Minnesota 22
I agree with you Phats - I think it will be a close game even though I have no idea about this at all, lol.
He posted twice to be assured you would read it...he posted twice to be assured you would read it...
lol bruno - good one.
Phats, I hate to say it, actually I am going to enjoy saying it purdue wil lose 2 out of the next three games, I'm not going to say which two, but it will happen.
Phats you crack me up ---- Man Meat of the Week? hmmmmm next week is going to be a blast from the 80's past
Ha I can't believe I posted twice, would it be lame to copy all of you and post this comment twice?! Sorry about that trigger happy I guess.
Seahag- You tarnished our song!!
Gareth- I could repost 100x over and not be as big of a dork as you, dum de dum de dum. haha
Bruno- Good one ;)
Future- be a man name the teams! this is our tough 4 game stretch(started with Zona) we get thru it undefeated i'll be on cloud 9! Boiler up!
Bat- Does that mean you want my picture, since I am man meat of the week, 80's ROCK!
Go for it Nutty
lol phats, sorry buddy, i am all abouyt being cryptic on this one, but you obviously know I'm correct. I can hear the fear in your typing.
post it on your blog and then Ill let the ladies rate you hahaha
I will give you a 10 for your witty personality though :-)
Phats are yu coming up for the game? If so you have a place to stay
You know it's funny I almost did, but decided too long of a drive. Hmmph I am contemplating make the trip to Wisconsin in a few weeks. Thanks though! :)
I think Humpback Harry is gonna make a good wife for you, Phats...
LB...I think that's the best "pep song" I've heard in a long time! :)
Phats i just scored freet tickets to the game, i'm off to watch some boiler maker ass get whooped, also scored a ticket tot omorrows viking game
Ok part one of my prediction has come true, no I am not gloating, okay maybe just a little, but now you have a tough notre dame team and an Iowa team that is not to be underestimated. Still have nothing but love for you, but gooooo gophers. DOnt get to bent out of shape, remeber its just a game. Enjoy the weekend
Blah Blah, Yadda Yadda. What is sooooo disappointing is our Defense we thought had turned the corner yet lets Minny come all the way back to tie it, then tie it again in the first OT DOH!
I am truly frustrated we should have won that game, it doesn't help I can't stand Glenn Mason.
Night dork lol
Hey dorkus wake up. DING DING DING.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home