Absolutely Crushed
Hi kids,
Well, that just plain SUCKED. The Boilers traveled to South Bend and lost a heartbreaker to Notre Dame 20-17 on a last second field goal. I have to say I am always in bad shape after a loss but usually after about 20 mins I am good to go, not after this one. Lets take a look back with the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly starting with the UGLY
UGLY- The refs. Look you can go back to all my football posts and check this out if you want I am not one to blame the refs for a loss, but we faced an uphill battle all day in South Bend. Here are just some examples. ND's first TD was initially ruled down at the 1 yard line and of course it was reviewed and overturned. I don't have as big of a problem with this but I seriously doubt the evidence to overturn the call. Look when I first saw it I actually got my hopes up, you see Boilers have been burnt time and time again by replay and last year we were called for fumbling out of the endzone vs Iowa, and at first that's what it looked like but not it was a TD. Next, how about this we snap the ball they have 12 men on the field and their 12 is running off RIGHT BY THE REF and no flag. I can overlook those we were the road team it's part of the game, however when we fought all the way back to tie it at 17 is when I was LIVID with a no call on the Irish. Time winding down neither team has a time out they are on our 41 and the play clock is winding down first no call their QB calls timeout, 2nd no call they didn't get the play off. It's pretty bad when the Irish play by play people also said never got the play off since they are the biggest homers in the business. What can you do though, move on and try to win next week. By the way it was some 2 game suspension for Rees who was their QB on the final drive, nice morals Kelly
BAD- Look the penality no call was bad, but we still didn't help our cause. First off we let them off the hook time and again throughout the game by not stopping them on 3rd and longs. Also we drove all the way down to the 1 and had a delay of game called on us and had to settle for 3 pts. Coaching, oh man I have never been a huge Hope supporter but man he made some odd calls. First off he started Terbush and he looked awful, he finally pulls the trigger puts in Marve who leads us down the field to a touchdown tying the game at halftime. 2nd half who starts Terbush he goes 3 and out, and then throws an INT, and another 3 and out before they finally brought Marve back in. His coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Also the bad Marve got hurt in the 4th, and it looked bad but positive thoughts good thing we're deep at QB this year.
GOOD- Look I bagged on Terbush but he came off the bench on a 4th and 10 with 2 mins to go and threw a td pass to tie the game good for him, because we're going to need him here if Marve is done. Our defense that was talked about all summer is for real we made ND 1 dimensional they could not run on us at all. We were in the game, look I like most coaches don't like moral victories but last year the game was over at halftime. The leaders division in the B1G is open for the taking can we walk thru that door??
Around the country-
Travis and I did a great job picking but, speaking for Travis here, we'd probably both trade that for wins by our teams as his Huskers fell as well. Bama. USC, LSU, Oregon, look like title contenders we shall see. Yes, the big ten took some lumps but people it's week 2! Iowa always takes an early loss and then rounds into form, although I have no clue what happened to Wisky. I agree with a big ten network columnist who said are we the best conference no, but we're ahead of both the ACC and the Big East. I agree with that the ACC hasn't been relevant in football in a long time, and just look a the last few Big East BCS teams there you have it.
US OPEN-
If you didn't watch the US Open women's singles final you missed out. Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka played a hell of a match that went three with Serena winning 7-5 in the third. The level of play was amazing and the hard hitting was crazy. Although she lost I became a huge fan of Vika's during this entire tournament and she will stay #1 for awhile playing like this. She actually served for it at 5-3 but Serena just stepped it up in that game.
Fall TV
I am excited for the new season of fall shows. Not so much for new shows but the ones returning, gotta say not sure how many new shows I will try. I might see if I like Elementary the sherlock holmes show on ABC, and I might give New Normal a look as well since it's by the creator of Glee. I am going back to Survivor this year after a few years off, mostly to see Blaire from Facts of Life, yes she is on it I can't believe it! Also Jeff Kent former MLB MVP I believe so it will be interesting. Dancing with the stars got me back as well with all stars, I like a lot of the returners so gotta watch. How about you guys looking forward to any new shows or returning ones??
Have a good week! It's a busy one for me 3 junior high tennis matches all away and long road trips shoot me now.
Phats


2 Comments:
Sorry to hear that the Boilers loss has you hangin' a bit low, Phats. Don't fret yet, though. It's only early September.
I'm looking forward to my usual shows this fall. I grew up watching "Facts of Life" so seeing the "pretty one" stranded on the island gives me an extra reason to watch the show.
"The Amazing Race" starts a week or two later and "The Office" is on its last run. I'm also looking forward to the 3rd season of two of my favorite dramas: "Boardwalk Empire" and "The Walking Dead".
Hope you caught the men's final too. That was an incredible match.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home