Sunday, September 16, 2012

A big fat W

Another great Saturday at Ross Ade Stadium, we had amazing weather, the Boilers crushed EMU, and the best part I got to see old friends, and iu lost in heartbreaking fashion which made me jump for joy!   Lets recap shall we.

Boilers crushed Eastern Michigan 54-16.  While some of you sit there and say of course Phats aren't they suppose to win that game??   My answer would be yes, but under Danny Hope we have struggled against the MAC and it's usually when we're coming off our big Non Conference game, we were coming off a heart breaking loss at Notre Dame, and played like it in the first few minutes.  Sure we were only winning 13-9 at one point and these EMU goofballs behind us were saying we'd be middle of the pack in the MAC, and then our speed happened.  This is one area I give Coach Hope credit he said when he took the job he wanted to recruit SEC type speed because the B1G is not used to that, and well he has it now.  Our backs are FAST, and if they get the corner on you, I don't care who we're playing you might as well forget about it.  We had 3 TD runs of over 50 yards, including an 85 yarder in the 2nd quarter.  In my opinion we are a top QB away from being a serious contender.  As it is we have the talent to compete for the Leaders division in the B1G and get to Indy for the championship game.

I got to reconnect with a few people I hadn't seen in awhile, and a few people I see more often but it's always nice to see them.  So, I took my sister's in laws and they love the band so we went to Thrill On the Hill the pep session before the game on Slayter Hill and we're standing there and I happen to look over and see two former Purdue cheerleaders who are friends of mine that I haven't seen in AGES!  I was so happy to get to talk to Casey and Galen and reconncet see what they were up to.  It's funny a lot of people go to thrill I happen to stand right next to them!

When I tailgate I don't set my own tailgate station up, no I am that mooch that tailgate hops.  Well, I took my family to a friend's tailgate across from Mackey who I just reconnected with last year.  Talk about small world get this story.  I had know the two daughters for a few years, and how I connected the dots one of the daugthers plays on my junior high tennis team.  Last year during a match I was asked by a lady "Is so and so your father"  Now a days I hate that question totally another blog post, but I answered with my go to and cheesey response of Yes, please don't hold that against me.  Well, after a few seconds I figured it out I was talking to the lady who was my tutor in the 6th grade!  For those that don't know I had a kidney transplane when I was in the 6th grade and it caused me to miss school from Nov to late Feb and to keep up with my fellow classmates she was hired.  So, my mom would drop me off at my Grandma's on her way to work(she was a teacher) and my dad who was an assistant principal would pick me up on his way home, and in between she would tutor me.  The best part she was/is a DIEHARD Boilermaker!  Must have some connections as well, because when she tutored me she managed to get Bob Ford who was the Purdue announcer for basketball to give me well wishes over the air, we still have the game on tape!   Anyway, I went over and visited their tailgate and it was a great time, and good taco salad.

Watching IU lose to Ball State(ie Testicle Tech) was great, especially how the Loosiers lost on a last second field goal.  Look those people that claim I or other Purdue/iu fans take the rivalry too far need to realize something diehards HATE THEIR RIVALS!  My day is that much better when they lose, and to lose to BSU who is not good is hysterical.  I actually called a friend of mine who is a HUGE iu fan and started chirping which is what BSU fans do.  Now after all that I will say that was one hell of an entertaining game as IU managned to come back from 13 down to take a 1 point lead, and after an amazing catch by BSU with 1 sec they kicked the game winning fg.  This is the third year in a row the Cards have beaten IU.  Last time Purdue played BSU it was over at halftime leading the students to chant "Ball State High School"  ya. 

I have nothing else I am boring I know :)   Boilers are off Saturday so switching things up and picking pro games.
Phats

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

I'm a tailgate hopper too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home