Monday, October 10, 2011

Things are always better when you WIN

Pretty good weekend here in phats land, the warm weather has come back, and the Boilers got a convincing win over the Minnesota Golden Gophers 45-17. Some observations from the game

1- We're bad, but we're not that bad! Minnesota might be the worst team in college football, it's too bad they don't play IU so we could determine who is worse. I was relieved to see us pounce on them from the start and go up 24-0 after 1 quarter and pretty much just salt the game away.

2- Ricardo Allen time baby! Our DB picked off a pass in the 1st half and returned it for 6 pts why is this important it tied him with former Boilermaker great and hall of famer Rod Woodson and he is only a Sophomore!! The kid has got MAD skills.

3- Where is everyone? The crowd was awful, not surprised though. Students were nowhere to be found but they get a pass they were on fall break, but where were the other fans??? It looked pretty bad on ESPN(I wonder who the hell scheduled that one)

4- My friends make me laugh. I have 2 extra tickets to every game and I try to take different people and for this one I took my friends Nikki and Justin. Nikki and I have known each other and been friends since HS she is also my mixed doubles tennis partner, well she met Justin and they got married and now he is one my good friends although he is a Notre Dame and IU fan BLEH. Anyway they are pretty straight arrows, don't drink, don't party, don't cuss so Phats has to be on his best behavior although they don't really care if I cuss, anyway she was telling me she had a bad week and wanted to drink at the game even though she was kidding I was like I am going to make this happen! So I went by a friend's tailgate and basically was like you need to give her a drink only problem they kept pouring and to my surprise Nikki kept drinking!! It was hilarious Justin and I were CRACKING up. As we walked to the stadium she just kept saying man why am I so light headed HAHA OH MAN! good times!

5- I still want Hope fired. I think the guy is ridiculous and his statements make him look like an idiot. He went with Terbush as QB, and when he let Marve play only let him hand off the ball. For those that don't know Marve/Hope had a little spat. After the ND Game Hope threw his QB Marve under the bus, and Marve took to twitter it was quite interesting. Most the fan base sided with Marve. Unless by some miracle we win out I see him getting fired.

As for the picks here are the results
Shife- 13-3
Phats- 13-3
Look at that we tied!! How about see who can do the most back flips wins?? :) Or Rock Paper Scissors?

Now for non sports
I had a creepy incident this morning. I was leaving for work and I am parked on the street, and I get into my car and I see a car coming down our street. We live on a dead end and don't get much traffic. Anyway, it slows wayyy down and they stare at me they were dirty looking. They drive down to the end of the block pull in a driveway but not all the way up just by the mailbox, and sit there. So, I decide lets not leave just yet and I sit there too. He pulls out and pulls literally RIGHT behind me for like 5 secs, and then goes around me going REALLY slow again. So I don't look obvious I pretend to be texting. I was hoping he'd leave our block but he pulled into another driveway and just sat by the mailbox which just creeped me out. Unfortunately I had to blink first or I would be late for work so I left. Nothing seems to be missing in the house so I guess it was nothing just a little creepy.

I am digging the new season of Amazing Race I like that nobody has separated away from the pack yet no clear cut favorite. I didn't like seeing the showgirls go home, but I do dig the snowboarders. I hate though that they are too nice that might bite them in the end. Producers are getting really tricky with the clues this season you REALLY have to pay attention. Shife/Duck/Rocket we will have to pay attention when we run the race. Yes, I mentioned three guys I have told them all I am in haha. In reality they'd probably be better off with each other because i'd be the bully guy nobody likes I am a little too competitive, just ask Bekah at our last game night Nutz and I were throwing bows.

Some good new shows this year, We have kept with Pan Am, I know the ratings have gone down but I hope it sticks I like it, and love Ricci! 2 Broke Girls is hilarious got to be one of the best new shows on this season. Anyone else watching anything new??

Alright all I got for ya, have a great week!
Phats

6 Comments:

At 11:11 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I will pass on the backflips. Maybe we can see who is closer to the actual due date of my kid? The Amazing Race is definitely mixing things up and I like it. Still have not picked a favorite team yet. Hope the Boilers keep playing well. The Vandals are done this year, but I will wear my VTFU shirt on The Amazing Race with you. And if you want I can send Tank out there to be your neighborhood watch dog.

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

YOU???? Competitive????? Surely not. (eyeroll.)

What is up with the neighborhoo creeper? Not cool!

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger _emily_rose said...

I was disappointed that the only show I had gotten into this fall has already been cancelled. The Playboy Club on NBC. It was set in 1960's mob Chicago, and actually had a few layers of plot, and interesting characters. Oh well, football has been treating me pretty well this season so I'm not going to complain!!

~Emily

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Sounds like those dudes were checking out the neighborhood. Maybe they're the Wet Bandits!

I think The New Girl on Fox is really funny. That's the only new show I've had time to watch.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Shife- Yes, can I borrow tank haha

Bekah- HA We need to video the next rd of dutch blitz

Emily- tried playboy club wasn't a fan, since it came on after sing off we tried it

Jay- I need to watch that it comes on after Glee i think I just forget it for some reason. HA Wet Bandits!

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

Spoiler alert!! Wow, what a crazy story, that is creepy man.

I was able to avert my eyes from your words so I'm good on the current episode. ;o) That was close.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home