Friday, September 23, 2011

Change up

The Boilers are off this week, so like last year thought i'd try my hand at picking some pro games and see how I do. Also, my blog buddy Rocket isn't a huge college fan so this is his chance at joining me as a guest picker. His team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Even though it's a pro week here I did select two college games involving bloggers teams that are pretty big, so lets get started with those.

COLLEGE GAMES
Arkansas Razorbacks at Alabama Crimson Tide(Gary, Cheryl, Booya)
Rocket- You have to go with the tIDE BY 7
ALABAMA 28 arkansas 21

Phats- I smell upset here, although it won't be easy especially being at Alabama. I think pig nation will be going pig sooey as they kick a late field goal and take it.
ARKANSAS 31 alabama 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 38 arkansas 14
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh

Florida State Seminoles at Clemson Tigers(Topolk, Emily)
Rocket-
So tired of FL teams, Tigers by 4
CLEMSON 28 florida state 24

Phats- Both are coming off emotional games, Clemson a high beating Auburn, and FSU a low losing to Oklahoma. Gotta really like what Clemson's offense is doing, but their defense isn't good enough to hold the Noles. I want the Tigers to win, and when I pick against them they usually do so you're welcome Topolk and Emily
FLORIDA STATE 35 clemson 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE CLEMSON 35 florida state 30
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh

PRO GAMES
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Rocket-
Looks like Vick is playing and the Giants have big issues at WR, Eagles win
EAGLES 31 Giants 24

Phats- I don't like the Manning family, I don't like Michael Vick so this is a toss up for me. The dog lover in me wants to pick against Vick at all costs, but that is silly since I think Philly is the better team right now, but it will be close
EAGLES 28 giants 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE GIANTS 29 eagles 16
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

Denver Broncos at Tennessee Titans
Rocket-
Tenn at home was TOUGH last week against Balt, they win again here against Denver
TITANS 27 broncos 17

Phats- Man Kyle Orton has gotten a raw deal everywhere he has played, including his Purdue days. The guy is a winner, and uhh not everything can be blamed on the QB! I am going with Mr Orton, and even if they do win still won't quite those idiotic Bronco fans
BRONCOS 31 titans 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE TITANS 17 broncos 14
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh

Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Rocket-
IntraDivision battle, Falcons outlast the Bucs
FALCONS 31 bucs 21

Phats- Yep have to agree with my guest picker on this one, Falcons pull away late
FALCONS 28 bucs 17
EDIT BUCS 16 falcons 13
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears
Rocket-
NFC Central matches always a battle, Pack win this one using that high powered offense
PACKERS 24 Bears 17

Phats- Jay Cutler, you're a dumbass for dumping Kristin Cavallari she's HOT! For that I have to go with the defending super bowl champs
PACKERS 35 bears 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE PACKERS 27 bears 17
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings(Thomas)
Rocket-
Lions offense is way too much for the Vikes to handle Lions win
LIONS 28 vikings 17

Phats- How about the Lions?? Can they keep winning the answer yes for at least one more game
LIONS 24 vikings 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE LIONS 26 vikings 23
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

Jacksonville Jaguars at Carolina Panthers(Topolk)
Rocket-
Jags have a rookie at the helm and lose this one to the INSANE Cam Newton and boys
PANTHERS 28 jags 17

Phats- Aren't these teams usually pretty bad?? I have no clue about either so I will go with the home team
PANTHERS 28 jags 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE PANTHERS 16 jags 10
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

New England Patriots(Thomas) at Buffalo Bills
Rocket-
The Bills put up a very good game at home but lose to the Pats
PATRIOTS 24 bills 21

Phats- Pats have looked like the best team in the league early, nothing about this game should change that
PATRIOTS 35 bills 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE BILLS 34 patriots 31
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

Arizona Cardinals(Shife) at Seattle Seahawks(Duck)
Rocket-
Ariz wins 24 - 14
CARDINALS 24 seahawks 21

Phats- Duck told me to pick the Cards, so here ya go!
CARDINALS 31 seahawks 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE SEAHAWKS 13 cardinals 10
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

Houston Texans at New Orleans Saints(Phats, Travis)
Rocket-
Huge shootout here but Texans offense good this year pulls off the upset and win
TEXAS 38 saints 35

Phats- The one team in the NFL I actually follow! This one will be all Saints baby won't lose at home to the Texans come on what are you thinking Rocket :) WHO DAT!
SAINTS 41 texans 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE SAINTS 40 texans 33
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO

Pittsburgh Steelers(Rocket) vs Indianapolis Colts
Rocket-
The Steelers roll again for two straight weeks and win
STEELERS 31 colts 10

Phats- Ouch this one could get ugly for the Colts! Lets face it this is a tough game even with Peyton but without him it's curtains for the lifeless Colts. I still don't get why they don't at least try Curtis Painter, he can't do any worse than Collins!
STEELERS 35 colts 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE STEELERS 23 colts 20
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

Love your Cutler comment, LMAO!

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

The Cards better win, and Idaho better VTFU!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:19 AM , Blogger TOPolk said...

Do me a favor and keep picking against us. ;)

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger _emily_rose said...

I second Topolk. Clemson's "Schedule of Champions" continues vs ACC Champs VaTech this weekend. It's the Tigers first road test, and I hate to say it, but if Clemson doesn't learn how to play well from the first snap soon, it's going to bite us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home