Monday, September 19, 2011

Much more enjoyable Saturday

It was definitely a better weekend for Phats, both the Boilermakers and Saints won!! The Purdue game was great because not only did it not come down to a last second play, but we did what we were suppose to against an inferior team. For those that don't know we won against SEMO 59-0 Saturday. While I am excited I know it's fools gold with that game seeing as how SEMO was AWFUL, but it was nice to see us go out and clobber them. We only punted 1 time in the game, and the second half Coach Hope only called 1 pass play and we were able to still score. The other bright spot of the game Marve got in and looked GREAT led us on a LONG scoring drive, and didn't seem to have any bad reactions to the knee so that is good. Now we head into our bye week BOO!!! Then it's the Notre Dame game which will be a night game baby!!! POTFI!!!

As for the picks, both Emily and I did a pretty good job I would say. I went 15-3 for the week, not too shabby I am still regretting not picking the Clemson Tigers I started out picking them, and at the last minute switched to Auburn, D'oh!! As for Emily, she went 12-3 for the weekend pretty good showing, and 2 of her three teams won! Don't worry just because the Boilers are off this week, I have a special pick em upcoming for this week.

The other big college sports new over the weekend was the announcement of Pitt, and Syracuse leaving the Big East for the ACC. I don't like the idea of the super conference but unfortunately all signs point to that. As for this move, it's a win/lose for the ACC in my opinion. Win- Basketball they want to be back among the elite in the major conferences this will do that. What a top 4 of Pitt, Cuse, Duke, and UNC! The downside though teams that were at the top with Duke and UNC like Clemson, VT, NC State, UVA will now struggle to get wins and will more than likely have a hard time making the tournament. I can see Seth Greenberg crying now. As for football, it has no impact, Cuse and Pitt haven't been good in football or revelant I guess I should say in years.

I love that fall TV is starting!!! Looking forward to my old favorites returning, and catching some of the new shows. Watching the Sing Off tonight, don't remember it starting this early last year, but gives us an excuse to dump Dancing with the stars.

That's all I got have a great week. It's HOMECOMING week for our HS here so busy busy
Phats

3 Comments:

At 6:44 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Glee is back, and I'm happy!

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Fall TV to me means football.

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Thomas said...

My favorite returning shows are The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Office, and Boardwalk Empire.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home