Friday, July 08, 2011

My summer obession has officially started

Those of you that know me, know that I am a reality tv junkie. I love it all and I will watch pretty much any reality show they put on, with possibly the only exception being The Bachelor shows. Anyway, quite possibly my favorite reality show just kicked off it's 13th season, and that show is Big Brother!! I love it for so many reasons, but a big part of it is it's on 3 nights a week during the summer when nothing else is on. To me it's truly fascinating as well because it's one of the few shows where you can't blame editing, because if you try to and that is not the case the diehards that watch the live 24/7 feeds will call bullshit on you. I don't get the 24/7 feeds but I fully admit to reading all the spoiler sites to get the info in advance, for example I know a few major spoilers that I will not reveal as I know some of you do watch it :)

As for this season all I can say is I think it's going to be EPIC!!! Only 8 people entered the house and of course because this show has been on so long they knew more were to come. What they didn't know was that Big Brother was bringing back dynamic duos from past seasons, three of them to be exact. This year playing again are Rachel/Brendan from last year. Now I am not a fan of either of them, and her voice and laugh are so annoying I want to puke, BUT she makes for great TV and will definitely stir the pot. Also you have to give them credit seeing as how last season they made it pretty far on their own with the whole house against them. Evil Dick a former winner, and his daughter Danielle also returned, and these two are apparently not talking and haven't talked for three years. Not sure if that's true or not since the last time they played they were apparently not talking and then it was revealed that was game strategy. He was one of the more controversial players last time around as he came close to breaking every rule, and pretty verbally abused one girl so bad she broke down. She didn't say a word for like the first 20 mins she was in the house, and I have to say came in looking like a hooch. The third duo was easily my favorite that they brought back, being Jeff and former winner Jordan!!! Some of you might remember them from the Amazing Race as well, and they are like America's sweethearts. They are both a few cards short of a full deck, but they are awesome. Not to mention Jordan is as cute as they come. As for the newbies, not sure who I like yet, Adam the metal rocker who admits to loving Beverly Hills 90210 is interesting, and his partner Dominque has had some really funny diary sessions already. Hard to believe a youth pastor can play this game, seeing as how lying is a big part of it odd.

I think it's going to be a great season!! If you follow me on twitter and hate this show, on Wed/Thurs/Sun you might want to ignore me haha :) If you have never seen it you should try it out, it's truly great television, and the fights can be epic.

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Phats

6 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

Shoot! YOu just reminded me that I forgot to watch America's Got Talent this week!! ICK!!!!!

 
At 1:06 AM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Hi Phats!!
Glad your show is back. Enjoy, and have a great weekend too.

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

My favorite is back tomorrow: Warehouse 13!!! Many changes are up for that show and I sure hope they are for the better. I also watch Drop Dead Diva and a few others. I am not big into reality TV. After one year/time, it all seems the same!

Enjoy BB!!!

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Thomas said...

I haven't watched the show since its inaugural season in 2000, but thanks to your recommendation, will give it a look this week.

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

2 shows in and we are loving it. Can't wait to see Jordan in a bikini, lol. I still don't know why Evil Dick was kicked off, maybe find out Wednesday.

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Phats! It has been a while, just wanted to stop and say hello and see what is going on.
Hope all is well...
Lee Ann

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home