Sunday, October 02, 2011

Hope-LESS

Look, I just want to state for the record I don't usually do this, but I have gotten on board the fire Danny Hope bandwagon at Purdue. I have defended this man from the beginning even when my friends were all over me about it, but 2 games this year have me pissed off 1 because of the outcome, and 2 because of his words. Yes, we lost to Notre Dame and I expected it, I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst and it was worse than the worst. Can someone please tell me how you can come off a bye week and have 13 penalties? 2 of them were absolute horseshit calls getting penalized for a high 5?! But seriously coming off a bye week and having multiple offsides called on us, including one where our QB was changing the play?!? So here is my reasoning for changing to the fire Coach Hope stance
1- The Rice game. I lay total blame on him for the 4th quarter. 3 mins to go 4th and 1 from our own 20 he elects to keep the offense out of course rice doesn't jump he has to burn a timeout we now have 1 left. After the game his explantion "they are really disciplined" WTF!?

2- We do get the ball back but had to burn our last time out a little over a minute to go we drive all the way down get into field goal range plenty of time to get the kicking unit out on third down. What does sir dumbass do runs another RUNNING PLAY! Now the clock is literally running out on us, the special teams are busting their asses to get on the field, result field goal blocked.

3- Losing to Notre Dame was probably going to happen no matter what, and I hate them but I can give them credit they played a SMART football game. I have never seen a Purdue team play more scared, and loose in all terms football. After the game he was asked in his presser what was the difference, to which this he gave this golden nugget. "I forgot my lucky rabbits foot, we were just unlucky" again WTF?! Does he really think being outplayed in every facet of the game is all about luck?!

4- Today he says in his talk with the media on all our missed tackles "Well we didn't do any tackling at all this week in practice for fear of injury" Apparently that carried over to the game.

Look I gave this guy a chance, I was one of the last still hoping he'd turn it around but he's not right for the job. I have to say to my fellow Purdue fans and alums becareful what you wish for. Most of Purdue nation(NOT ME) were screaming for Tiller to be let go because they were tired of 6-6 or 7-5 finishes and a lower tier bowl, to them I say THANK YOU for getting the coach that turned Purdue football around and actually had us playing in Dec fired.

Moving on because I can't stand to even think about that game anymore. Travis my guest picker had a rough night too, I knew it would be tough to go into Camp Randall but holy shit the Badgers laid a whooping on the Huskers, welcome to the big ten! As for our picks here are the resutls
Travis- 14-3
Phats- 12-5

Team of the week- EASY give me the Clemson Tigers!! Congrats to Emily and Topolk your team is looking FREAKING AWESOME! Is there room on the Purple bandwagon?? Plus your coach is nuts and I love that. Keep it rolling guys, and I will do my job and keep picking against you haha.

My rankings, this is how i'd rank the top teams
1- LSU
2- Alabama(I was wrong Booya!)
3- Wisconsin
4- Oklahoma
5- Boise State
6- Clemson.

Non Sports, for those of you not a fan of the sports posts
I love Sunday night tv but man there is just too much on! In our house we watch this line up on Sundays
8-9 Amazing Race DVR Simpsons(Yes I still watch d'oh!)
9-10 Desperate Housewives(last season ever!) Good Wife(does anyone else watch this show, we have gotten into it and it's really good!)
10-11 Pan Am- We love this show!! Easily one of the best of the new shows out there DVR Real Housewives of New Jersey(Don't judge it's the best drama on tv!)
That's a lot of good, or not so good depending on your idea, tv on one night come on networks spread it out!

Has anyone read anything by the author, Harlan Coben? When I went to get my shot the other day the nurse always asks what I am reading, and she recommended this author said very similar to James Patterson. My sister had two of his books so I am going to give them a try when I am done with the book I am currently reading. I am about 300 pages into a John Saul book and this one is pretty good called Black Lightning, and I still am not sure how it's going to turn out! Anybody have favorite authors, recommendations? Always looking for new books to read. My friend Bekah is an author you should buy her book sometime I have an autographed copy!

It got COLDDD here in a hurry! I hate it, even though we're getting a slight warm up this week it just means winter is right around the corner BOO!!! At the game Saturday the temperature at halftime was 44 degrees YUCK! Today however was beauitful!!! I got a lot done today, after lunch with some friends, and visiting my grandma got the lawn mowed, and did all the outside decorating for Christmas. Don't worry I won't be turning on the lights :) as tempted as I might be.

Alright everyone have a great week!
Phats

5 Comments:

At 6:28 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

awww thanks for the shout out! YAY! :)

I LOVE pan am too. It is the only new show I picked up this season and I love it!!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Your Boildermakers KILLED my alma mater, Southeast Missouri 58-0. I thought that would be enough to lift their spirits!

I didn't know Bekah is an author. I'll have to check that out. Patterson is great, but I just wonder how much of his stuff does he actually write these days.

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Bekah- It's good I am hooked :)

Jay- ha I didn't know you went to SEMO Yes, she has a separate blog I believe for her book. Yeah he does a lot of co authors anymore

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I'm starting to feel that Bo is gonna have to shit-can his brother Carl if he wants to get that Defense to really play.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Thomas said...

On Sunday night, our favorites are The Race, Boardwalk Empire, and Dexter. Thanks for recommending PanAm. May have to check that one out.

If you're into spiritual books, my all-time fave is Conversations With God Book I.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home