I think snake bitten is the best way to describe it.
First off if you read this blog and hate sports, or are new to it and don't like sports scroll down I have other topics boring as my life is.
We lost again Saturday, but it wasn't for lack of effort, losing at Iowa 22-17 in a pretty exciting game actually. We really cost ourselves the ball game with silly mistakes good teams just don't make. with the score 6-0 Iowa we had the ball on the 5 our QB runs it in for a touchdown, and it's called back for a motion penalty, it was a good call too, had to settle for 3 points. Late in the game about 9 mins to go we're down 22-10 on the 4 yard line throw an interception. We did hold them and got the ball back to score to make it 22-17 but we didn't get the ball back again until 1:13 to go in the game, we actually drove all the way to their 20 yard line and then the hail mary was passed out of bounds HA yeah. Next up is the battle for the Old Oaken Bucket, and the basement of the Big Ten with our arch rivals IU. Bring on those munckins from the south. They are calling for accumulating snow! FUN!
As for my predictions with one game to still be played I went 8-1 not bad. My 1 miss was Purdue, and I will never pick against my Boilers!
I am going to offend my blog friends who root for Alabama and Texas Tech here, but neither of them are the best team in the country, that honor goes to Florida. Screw their upset loss to Ole Miss have you seen them play lately? Jesus they are on a tear for sure, that SEC Title game is going to be must see TV!
I have to admit I didn't see much college football Saturday, because I was watching The Wizard of Oz on TBS. Yes, I admit it, I absolutely love that movie, and is and will always be a timeless classic.
Lets talk some college hoops shall we? Purdue opened up the highly anticipated 08-09 season by clobbering Detroit Mercy at Mackey Arena Friday night 82-50. I saw something I am not sure I have seen or will see again, the Boilers only had 3 turnovers for the entire game, and one of those was an illegal screen. It was nuts! I know it's only Detroit but you can see why people are optimistic about this team. No rest though Monday night we start the Pre Season NIT with Eastern Michigan, and then Tuesday we have the second round.
The Purdue women opened up their much anticipated season Sunday as well against IUPUI. That's Indiana University, Purdue University at Indianapolis, crazy. The women were just as dominant as the men, and opened the second half with a 23-2 run with the final score being 80-44. Some big tests await the women to see how good they really are.
Anyone see Kentucky lost their season opener for the second straight year? Last year it was Gardner-Webb, and the Cats actually rebounded to go to the tournament, this year it was the VMI Keydets. Doesn't get any easier either since they play #1 North Carolina next.
Topolk I saw Clemson won again so you're what 3-0? I wish we played you all again in the Big Ten/ACC challenge this year, but we have Duke at home instead. Who does the Tigers play?
Non Sports
I finally am kicking this cold I had, it was a bad one. I always know when I am getting sick because it starts off as a sore throat, and then develops into the rest of a cold. I did a lot of laying around all weekend, thanks Kristen for taking care of me.
Does anyone read the James Patterson, Womens Murder Club series? I just finished the 7th book and i'm pissed that the 8th doesn't come out until April. I started a Dean Koontz book called False Memory, 400 pages into it, it's pretty interesting for sure.
The weather has started to turn to cold. and if you know me or have followed this blog you know how that makes me feel. I hate the cold, hate it! Cold means it's gray and dark, and you can't go outside without putting on 15 layers, you have to get up earlier to start your car, and if it's snowed or iced clear your car off. I hate winter, and I would like to sleep right through it.
All right there you have it a little bit of sports, a little bit of what's going with yours truly. Have a good one, and to get ready for bucket week
GO PURDUE FUCK IU!
Phats


12 Comments:
Illinois. I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at our schedule. I'd much rather play Purdue -- if for no reason other than a little friendly trash talking.
except you'd lose! :) haha always the NCAA tournament. I like Illinois because of Coach Weber he was at Purdue with Keady for a LONG time
I agree with you that Florida is absolutely playing the best football right now. But what's nice is that Bama and Florida get to play and decide it on the field. Our defense is playing great, but we can't make ANY mistakes or it will cost us bad. Personally, I like being the underdog. I think it gives the players more motivation.
We actually lost our opening bball game. It was pretty crappy! But even in the loss, we had our point guard Ronald Steele back (he was injured and out last year and it really hurt us!) and he played great.Maybe we'll be ok. If not, I'll just have to adopt Purdue as my bball team this year.
I like this Phats.....a bit of sports for the sports fans and then other news for us non sports fans! Thank You! One of my friends watches the Wizard of Oz everytime it comes on...lol...I always tease her about it. IM glad your cold is better and you had some young lady taking care of you.....that always helps! ( wink wink)
Hey it's so nice of you to post a non-sports section. :) I hope you feel much better this week!! I do NOT want to get that again. I already had it once, thankyouverymuch.
I had to pull out the winter coat today. I was sad about that. BUT guess what? It was a brand new coat - just got it out of the bag from when I bought it on clearance last year - and there were 3 quarters in the pocket! Can't beat that! :)
Well good luck against IU. I know it is your rivalry game and how much you hate them so I hope a win will make the season a little more tolerable. I get to watch Carolina play tonight so I am excited. A little worried that Hansbrough is not playing but I would rather have him healthy in March.
I didn't know we had so much in common! Read my new post! (I'd link you to it, but I'm really lazy and once you read my blog, you'll find out why)
And I'm with you on the cold/gray crap! Seems like we get your leftovers and they really love to overstay their welcome! Although, it snowed about 2 inches today and it was sort of pretty with the sun glinting off it. It's been snowing a lot this evening too, so that's going to make for a fun drive tomorrow morning! :oP
Thank you so much for your comment. I am taking a break but will blog again soon I'm sure. Take care, I hope you are well.
We have that in common Phats, I *HATE* winter, I *HATE* snow, and I *HATE* the cold. lol
Go Pens!
Hey. Where's the picks at for this week?
I'm saddened.
LOL so much for BTFU, you said FUCK hhaha ;)
Nah, dont read Patterson or Koontz anymore. I should send ya my Koontz - you'll have to tell me if you've read the ones I got. i can send em to ya :)
so are you going to sleep through the winter, phats?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home