Friday, December 14, 2007

I survived

Well, kids I have 2 posts left for you before we ring in 2008 this one, and the bowl special. It's time to post this one though. For those of you who don't know the Phats family got some bad news to start 2007 and to be honest I wasn't real sure how I was going to make it thru a week let alone an entire year, but I did it and you know what I am damn strong if I do say so myself. So much shit happened and it happened so fast it was all surreal. It was personal and I chose not to share the incident on this blog, and I am not going to now but I do want to say thank you. Alot of you had no clue what was going on yet you still sent me emails or IMs to see if I was OK, that was appreciated and you guys rock. Jenn and Nutz you two are my best friends and I am not sure how I would have made it thru this year without the two of you, thanks for everything!!

Alright I don't want to get too mushy, I am just happy I made it thru the year when I thought getting thru a week was going to be killer. So, I want to wish everyone who reads this blog a Merry Christmas or happy whatever you celebrate. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday season. Just to share with you our family tradition, and maybe you'll share yours in the comments. Christmas Eve we will all pack up and head to my sister and her husband's house, and we'll make cookies and as soon as their little ones (twins 4, youngest 3) go to bed the adults play games and watch movies. Then we all spend the night so we are there in the morning when the boys wake up to find what Santa has brought them. I love this tradition, because I love spending time with my sister and brother in law we get along so great and I just enjoy being around them. This year we have decided that on Christmas Eve the adults will do a yankee swap exchange, and I am still having a hard time trying to find something to give. Luckily I still have some time. So, what do you all do for Christmas?

I just wanted to let you all know especially you Cheryl, who was talking about how warm it was, that we are currently under a winter storm warning, and they are calling for 10-16 inches of snow tomorrow GREAT! Have I ever mentioned I hate snow. I'll be doing the College Bowl Pick Em entry on the 20th, so if you were a guest picker this year I need your picks, I have most of them though! Don't forget to include the scores. Have a great weekend.

By the way, not sure if any of you caught the Ellen Show Thursday but she had a guy on named Joe Cameron, and well I know him! He's a musician from our town and he did this campaign to get on ellen starting with a website and she saw it and invited him on. I have been pimping that line out for awhile, ya I know someone that was on Ellen haha

GO BOILERS BEAT CARDINALS tomorrow!
Phats

15 Comments:

At 1:07 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

And Merry Christmas to you as well. Glad to hear that you have overcame the strife in your life, whatever it may be.

Look forward to the colossal, Phat's Bowl O' Rama Blog.

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger cher said...

I'm surprised I made it through the year with all your whining.
awe...you know that's not true. I'm proud of you Phats. It was tough.

So, when were you going to fill ME in that you weren't coming here for Christmas? What a hurtful way to find out!

We don't really have any real traditions. Just a lot of loud people talking over each other trying to get their point in and be heard.

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

I'm glad that this year is behind you - and I think you did a great job of pushing on even when it was tough.

Looking forward to the next game night!

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I know what you mean about wondering how one will get through the year. I thought the same as my hubby prepared to leave for overseas deployment. 15 months is a long time to be apart, but time is winding down to his return sometime in May 08.

Granted, this probably isn't the same as what happened to you, but I feel, at times, like I have lost something in my life and can't have it back!

I hope you have a very wonderful time with your family. I will be joining my family in the great BUCKEYE state for Christmas. DG will get to see her wonderful nephew on Christmas morning! She's so excited!

Well, have a great week! 3 days and a wake up until Christmas Break!!!!

PS my picks will be in by Friday!

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Phats!!! I'm so glad that you made it through the year intact, and you know how the saying goes...what doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger. Based on things I have dealt with in my life, I absolutely know that it is true!!

Saw Purdue's great win on Saturday. Boiler Up!!!

Bama has had a rough couple of losses, but the Las Vegas tournament is coming up. I hope we end up playing you guys, although I'm not sure how we'd do against you. I guess we'll see!!

I am working on my picks right now and will try and get them to you by tonight! :-)

We will spend Christmsas Eve brunch at my parents' house, and then Christmas Eve dinner that night at Gary's parents' house. Then it's home to get ready for Santa, then mine and Gary's gift time, and late-to-bed, early-to-rise. It's always busy, but FUN!!!

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Merry Christmas to you Phats. I am so glad our paths crossed on the blogosphere and look forward to reading your blog in 2008. Have a good holiday season, and way to go Boilers.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Phats, that is cool that you know that guy on Ellen. I hope you have fun with your sister and brotherinlaw and family. Have a very Merry Christmas!
~xo
Lee Ann

 
At 1:28 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Travis- Thanks man, merry christmas to you too! I hope the blog post lives up to that introduction

Cher- Sorry, i wanted to come but Kristen wouldn't let me yell at her

Bekah- I didn't mean to forgot you, you deserve a shout out too for sure! I can't wait til game night

Tiggy- What you went thru is worse, and I should be lucky it isn't anything like that. Happy Holidays and get those picks to me or they won't count!

Cheryl- We won tonight and so did you I see. I hope we both make it to the championship how fun would that be? I would feel more pressure for my Boilers to win though haha. Happy Holidays to you, and gary I have really enjoyed getting to know your family.

Shife- Ditto man, I still think it's funny how I found you haha. Hope you and your family have a great holiday. You truly are one of a kind!

Leeann- thanks you too!! :)

 
At 12:50 AM , Blogger Gunngirl said...

I'm glad you survived and I hope the outlook for 2008 is much better. I had a sucky 2007 and I pray that 2008 gives me better events.

May the new year bless us both!

Merry Christmas Phats!

 
At 1:22 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

my family is scattered to the four points of the compass this christmas, so for the first time in a looong time we won't be doing the family christmas thing.
i'll be spending it with friends instead!

 
At 1:28 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

and here's wishing you a merry merry and happy happy and all that from damien and myself!!!

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger DaBich said...

"Have I ever mentioned I hate snow." Oh Lord, do I ever feel the same way! However, here in PA we only got the tail end of a storm, maybe 2 - 3 inches of ice/snow mix. Not too bad, so I won't complain....this time!

I sure hope your Christmas is merry and bright and that you enjoy your sister and her family. That's what Christmas should be about...sharing it with family.

We open gifts Christmas Eve, and I make a big mid-day meal Christmas Day. Ham and the works. Then we visit with my Dad and his family in the afternoon. I love traditions! Be well and safe, Phats, and enjoy your holidays!

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger David Amulet said...

Here's to a better 2008!!

-- david

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

So, did you GET the 10-16"? We were supposed to get about 4-6" or so, and we probably got it. :P

As my sis said, I am excited to have my nephew here for Christmas morning. Although, not sure how excited I'll be at 6AM when he starts getting everyone up b/c "SANTA CAME!!!" :\

New Years' is going to rock cause I'll be hanging out with Skii and Chad. We're gonna party like it's 1999!!! :D

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!!

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Hewo Phats - I gave ya da picks and right on time ;) been sick :( but hey, I'm goin to the islands soon! Yay! will be thinkin of you while I get a tan in January...wooooo! :P That's our Christmas gift. I've yet to even put up a tree - not going to since we are just going to nix xmas and go travelin :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home