Thursday, March 09, 2006

Idol Chatter

Well, American Idol is over for the night and we now know our top 12 contestants. Congrats to Paris, Mandisa, Kelly, Lisa, Katharine, and Melissa representing the ladies, and Elliot, Chris, Taylor, Kevin, Ace, and Bucky for the guys. Overall I think it's a pretty good top 12 and will make for an excellent competition, I bet Hippo is happy that his Melissa made it thru. I was hoping for Ayla though she kind of grew on me :( Tonight Bo Bice performed and well I can do without having to listen or look at him, he was never a favorite of mine. Then they eliminated one lady, that being Kinnick, I really liked her she had a good personality, and really took it well. Following that we said goodbye to Will who again took it really well, especially for being so young. Then they started filling the 12 chairs with the ladies going first. After 5 chairs were filled it left Melissa and Ayla, and they asked Randy who would get the last spot he said Ayla, and well he was wrong Melissa took it, and poor Ayla cried. I think Ayla will do well in whatever she does, and I will be interested to see where she goes from here. I remember her saying that she had a basketball scholarship to Boston College, and she said she scored over 2000 pts in HS that's amazing. Best of luck to Ayla! Finally the guys top 6 were named, and it came down to Gideon and Bucky. Ryan goes to Simon and asks who goes into the top 12, he says Gideon, and surprise surprise he was wrong, gideon goes home Bucky to the top 12. This was okeh with me, I wasn't that big a fan of him, and I couldn't look at his clown face it creeped me out! So, now the fun really begins, and I thought I would do a little pre top 12 awards for you all :) By the way, anyone else hope we have seen the last of the Brittwhatevertheirnameis twins??

The Nikki McKibbin White Trash Award.
This award goes to the person who stays on the show longer then they should. It's the white trash award because it's named after the queen of the trailer park herself Nikki McKibbin, who on season 1 kept beating the odds thanks to people voting from their trailers. The real shocker was when she made it to the final 3 sending crowd and judge's favorite Tamyra Grey home. A look back at other winners of this award:
Season 2 I had a hard time picking one here, because I was going to go with Josh Gracin, but he has had big success since Idol, so I decided not to go with him. Instead I chose Simon's Judge's Choice from that season Carmen Rasmussen. She sounded like a goat when she sang, and for about 3 shows in a row Simom slammed her with shot after shot and she took it, and stayed in the competition before finally bowing out.
Season 3, this one was easy Jasmine Trias the Hawaiian. Who could forget when she was blasted by Simon, and she broke down into tears, and certainly bought some votes that night sending powerhouse LaToya London home. The real kicker was while LaToya was doing her send off song, Jasmine was smiling and smirking to someone in the audience, not sure she knew the camera was on her??
Season 4 Scott Savol! He had more criminal chargers probably then any other idol, yet they allowed him to remain in the competition. That's when Simon started ripping him left and right and FINALLY the people stopped voting. He was scary!
This season's winner, I am going with Ace. I think he will get by on women voting for him. He doesn't sing that great, the other night I thought he sounded terrible, and I think he'll last longer then some of the favorites. We'll see, runner up Bucky Covington, he might stay in cuz he will have the trailer park demographic like Ms McKibbin!

Need more tissues then Paula award- I think Paris has cried more then any contestant in the 5 years combined, she might need to start sharing tissues with Paula if she stays on the show long.

Most likely to succeed and not win, this award is easy I think Chris has it wrapped up. I don't think he'll win the competition, but I don't think he'll need too. He'll go on to do great things with or without the title, this is just a stepping stone to help him.

Finally the bold predictions of winners, final four all that jazz
The final 5(I couldn't do 4!) will be
Mandisa
Chris
Elliot
Paris
Katharine.
Alright lets break this down horseracing style.
Show(3rd)- Paris, She will build an incredible following, and come close but she won't win it.

Place(2nd)- Elliot, Great vocals, get him to the finals but won't take home the crown.

Win(1st)- Mandisa, she won me over the last three weeks, and I will be voting for her and Paris :) I know this is not who I went with originally but I really like her moxy!

Biggest Longshot
Kevin- I see Simon cutting him down week after week, unless he improves he'll last awhile due to being likeable, but Simon will finally get thru.

So there you have it my predictions for the top 12, which will probably change every week!

Now some random ramblings
I played Hooky from work today, shhh don't tell. I went down to the big ten tournament in Indy for the Purdue game. I figured this would be our last game and it was. We lost 70-58 to Michigan State, but put up a hell of a fight. I don't mind losing to MSU, they are a great program and I like Coach Izzo. Should be a hell of a match up tomorrow with them vs Illinois. I will have a bracket special post coming after they are revealed. I will wait til Monday evening when the women's field is announced as well. That's the more important bracket to me because that is one the Purdue will be in :)

I was upset nobody did the Simpson's quiz but Mike H and Nutty, but thank you to Mike and Nutty for doing it. The winner was Mike H, he got a perfect score and the Extra Credit correct you win some prize I will think of it. I already thought he was a pretty cool fella, but after getting a 100% he is total aces! Maybe I will let you pick a Phat Tuesday topic? How does that sound. I can't believe more of you don't watch The Simpson's! I knew Shannon didn't because she asked what a "flaming homer" was! I was shocked.

I got a haircut today, went with a buzz cut, it makes me look hot. Okeh not sure about that but i'd like to think so? My nephew's, they are twins, they have a birthday coming up and I also got their gift. They are VERY big into Thomas the train so I bought them a trainset it's pretty cool. They turn 3 in April, and the party is April 1st at their gymnastics gym. My sister is asking me if I will tumble for everyone at the party, and well I love the spotlight so I said yes. The real question will be if I can convince Kristen to tumble too, and possibly stunt. I can't believe how much these little rugrats have grown it's crazy. Don't get any ideas though I am still not big on kids under the age of like 6.

Lastly, I added mr hippo to the dawgpound! He predicts american idol, and well killed Elroy Jetson in the process, it was cool. Give it a read, especially if you like idol

That's all I got for ya comment if you like, don't if you don't want too. Oh yeah the music of the post is Josh Gracin's #1 hit "Nothing to Lose" I thought with this being an American Idol post it was appropriate. Have a great weekend everyone!
Phats

5 Comments:

At 2:11 AM , Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



Got another shocker for ya

Katharine will probably not be in the top 5, nor will Mandisa. Melissa may be there. It is mostly going to be a guys competition.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I agree with Hippo, I think this is definitely a guys year !..possibly Chris (but he WILL be famous even without Idol) Elliot is super talented, but I really like Taylor, he's got that simple innocence about him
The women are another story....Mandisa is really good but unfortunately I don't think she'll win....Lisa has an amazing grace about her..so young but so together...Paris was ok this week but she wasn't at her best

Ok, that's my opinion

SuperSpy....out !!

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger LBseahag said...

you look hot without hair...


i missed American Idol this week, but reading this was like watching it...titillating...

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Rocky (Racquel) said...

a) Bo Bice creeps me out

b) I have never heard a goat sing

c) I should get some credit for knowing the real C. Montgomery Burns

d) Dude, Thomas is a TANK ENGINE, not a train. Get it right if you want to keep your spot as cool Uncle Phats!! hehe

e) I honestly can't believe that this Idol show has been on for FIVE (count 'em FIVE) years!! I just don't get it. ;-)

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Hippo- Are you really Ryan Seacrest?

Nutty- Probably you know how those Canadians are!

Spygal- I still think a woman will win it. I like Lisa too!

Shannon- you don't suck for not being into the simpsons, well yeah you do a little haha :)

Seahag- Did you just hit on me?

Rocky- Bo Bice = NASTY, do you hear the lambs? You haven't proven that to me yet about Burns, Tank train engine all the same to me, it's ratings are bigger then ever not going anywhere, anytime soon. Not to mention the winners are backing up the validity with big time hits. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home