WOW!!
WARNING this is a sports related post, some other stuff at the bottom so feel free to scroll, it will only hurt my feelings a little if you do!
Well, it's been an incredibly long day, as I have been over at Huntington North HS for the IHSAA girls basketball regionals. I was so nervous, I get that way over big games like this, and the morning game was NO contest. The Lady Kats came out and shut down Dekalb from the get go, cruising to victory. Led by as many as 20, in the second half before winning 56-42. This victory set up a championship game at 8pm tonight with Huntington North, on their home floor. It is incredibly difficult to beat the Vikes on their home floor, and we beat them in the regular season making this contest that much more difficult. This one didn't look good from the start, something just seemed off. Turns out it was our shooting ACK! Alot of that has to do with the great defensive game Huntington played. It was nip and tuck, and back and forth affair in the first half with Kokomo grabbing a 23-22 halftime edge. I am telling ya my nerves were SHOT, I hate close games. The second half nobody seemed to take control of the game at all and both teams had their chances. North got the lead up to 5 twice but a pair of 3 point plays kept getting it back down to 2 for us. Nailbiting time came with under a minute to play, we have the ball down 35-33, and our Jr, who has struggled ALL night long, takes a three, and swish nothing but net. This sent the Kokomo fans into hysterics. After a timeout North beats the press this girl is going in for the go ahead lay up, and takes like 5 steps and a travel is called, now I am not feeling AS nervous, but still finding it hard to watch. Of course with 30 some seconds we're gonna get it to our 90% free throw shooter, who calmly sinks 2 putting us up 38-35. North drives down gets a great look at a 3 CLANK high off the rim KATS WIN!!! Wildkat fans go crazy, second straight year we have won a wild one in the championship vs., North. We now advance to next Saturday's final four either at Elkhart or Plymouth. This is the 9th final four appearance for KHS. The crowd tonight was unbelievable, it was what Hoosier Hysteria is all about. Student sections chanting back and forth, even AFTER we had won, it was AWESOME!
Alright you non sports people SPYGAL, start reading here. So, I haven't kicked this pesky cold yet bleh. Good news I don't think it's the bird flu but hey you never know right? The worst part is I can't stop coughing, so spending the day in a gym was a little uncomfortable coughing all the time. However, getting the win does make me feel a little bit better. I plan on spending all day tomorrow in bed! So, don't wake me! I have been taking cough medicine, I hope it starts working soon. I have to say sorry to Mike H, didn't mean to make you feel lonely buddy :( Sorry champ, but hang in there I have faith in you!
Alright, that's all I got for ya tonight kids. WAY TO GO LADY KATS!!! I am so excited.
Yes, that is Kylie Minogue they didn't have Kool and the gang, or we are the champions D'OH!


10 Comments:
It's funny when you listen to music on your computer whilst reading blogs, and someone has music on their blog, and you don't realize what's going on until you finish reading the post. I had a good laugh anyways.
(It seemed weird that Death Cab for Cutie would be using the sample of "Celebrate" in their music. I found the Pause button quickly though.)
No worries about making me feel lonely Phats. I know you didn't mean to. I was just giving you a hard time. You jerky mcjerkstore.
That was very informative and well written...
and it made no reference to carrie underwood, so reading it was a breeze...
get bent. and boiler up.
yeah Kats!! yeah Phats!! yeah Phat's Kats!!
Pheel better soon, Phats!
PS I appreciate that Kylie is a lovely person with a beautiful voice, but some songs just can't be remade - sometimes ya just got to leave a song the way it started out...
Way to go Lady Kats, and I hope you feel better Phats. By the way I got my berries squashed again.
Obviously you didn't listen to me when I said to take this to avoid getting sick. Geez, when will they ever learn?!
Hope you feel better soon! :)
Mike H- Nutty hates the music so they won't be on here long haha :)
Seahag- I did ace all my english classes, I know sports bore you people but right now it's what's going on in my life! Carrie Underwood is H-o-t HOT! There I mentioned her does that count?
Shannon- Kristen spent all saturday with me at the regional, but I don't want her around no need in making her sick! Thanks for the concern, I think(knock on wood) I am starting to kick it. Ahh yes cough syrup love it! Don't tell anyone but I was making Flaming Homer's!
Rocky- Love the PH usage there! Also I agree wholeheartidly about miss kylie, but it's all I could find. My first choice was "we are the champions" but alas they didn't have that either. Like I said nutty is not a fan of music on blogs so I will probably not do many more posts with music, and HELL YA GO KATS!
Shife- does this mean you're back in action? I hope so! Becareful of them berries buddy, gotta start protecting them better haha.
Design- does it really and truly work? Aren't most of those gimmicks. I think getting sick is something that happens no use in trying to prevent, when it's gonna happen. On the upside this is the first time I have been sick all YEAR, and my WHOLE Family was sick at Xmas and i was around them all.
Shannon- WOW I might have to do a post on the flaming homer, it comes from the simpsons
Nutty- It's OUR blog we share it
I appreciate that you tell me at what part to start reading, but it would work much better if you'd tell me at the TOP !!...I had to read the whole post in order to find out when was the point I should start reading which totally defeated the purpose of warning me in the first place...ummmmm...now where was I ??....oh
Feel better and don't sneeze on the monitor...I don't need your cooties....thanks.... :)
I tell ya, I took that stuff religiously and all I had was a sore throat for a few days. never got the stuffy nose and miserable feeling. So, I'm going to continue using it.
Go Lady Kats !
And I've thought of putting a similiar sports disclaimer at the beginning of my sports related posts.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home