We are the champions!
Congrats to the Kokomo Lady Wildkats 2006 Sectional champs!
I personally would like to thank David Glatt for allowing me permission to use this picture that he took. He takes pictures for ladykatbasketball.com and does a tremendous job! I would also like to thank the staff at, ladykatbasketball.com for working with me on getting this picture on here. Thanks guys! This picture is after the national anthem at the season finale vs North Central where over 3000 fans packed Memorial Gym, home of the kats! Sectionals are never easy when you consider you have to play Tuesday, Friday, and Sat to win it all. We started out Tuesday playing Harrison a team we drilled in the regular season, and I think the biggest question going into the game was were two of starters even going to play. They were held out of some games with injury and illness. Right off the bat we saw them dressed and ready to go and got some good minutes in and the Lady Kats rolled 71-35. Friday night was a rematch with Lafayette Jefferson another team we dismantled in the regular season, however I was EXTREMELY nervous for this game. See they are a very talented team and we had been hitting on all cyclinders that first time we played them. It didn't help my nerves any that we started the game down 8-3, before taking the lead for good and well not looking back, leaving Jeff in our dust. Super Sensational Senior Audrey Mcdonald was absolutely amazing scoring 25 and some crazy acrobatic shots as well. Final was 55-31, but it wasn't that close at all. A sidenote, I love beating Laf Jeff at anything. See they used to be in our conference the NCC and decided to leave, and before they could, were kicked out. The Lafayette newspapers took some cheap shots at the cities of NCC schools, and some other things were said. I also know their coach from his EHS days, and quite frankly he will never be man of the year in my book. So it's fun to beat them :) Saturday night was the championship vs. the Logansport Berries and well to use a cliche we squashed them 51-32. Not an easy game to play because we beat them by 40 in the regular season had an emotional game the night before so good job ladies. Whitney Farris for the Kats was AMAZING 10 of 11 from the floor had 25 pts and was unstoppable.
The next stop is Regionals this coming Saturday at Huntington North. We play game #2 vs Dekalb at 12, and then hopefully the championship later that night vs the winner of game 1 between Anderson and Huntington North. My nerves didn't get much of a workout during sectionals but I know they will Saturday, Dekalb has only 1 loss so it's going to be a heck of a game, and if we are so lucky to move on playing either those other teams will be a tough task. The crowd will be HUGE, and if it's us and HN in the championship wow what a game that will be! I can't wait til Saturday :) I like our chances greatly, especially with a leader like Audrey McDonald when I think about what she does I think of a quote by Uconn women's coach Geno Auriemma. He once said the quote "we've got Diana you don't" Refering to All American Diana Turasi. It's kind of how I feel in regards to Audrey, "we've got Audrey you don't" Greatest competitor I have ever seen male or female, what she does is amazing! However, this might be one of the most balanced starting 5 in the state, and if you try and stop audrey someone else will burn you! Here are my predictions.
HN over Anderson(slight upset)
Kokomo over Dekalb(hope i am right!)
Kokomo over HN
Other sports news I just got back from the Purdue game, where the boiler women rocked Minnesota in front of 11,000 at Mackey. Final score was 63-31, folks this was a game between #10(purdue) and #11(Minny) great win ladies! Couple of wins away from a big ten title. Anyone watching the olympics?
FINALLY A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SEAHAG!!! Hope you had a great day, and Jinx pampered you. :) Look for a Phat Tuesday's(but possibly not on Tuesday) Valentines edition :) Have a great week everyone!


10 Comments:
dearest phatty mcphat phat, why do you always write about sports?? i feel like i don't even know who you are anymore!!
Go go go Kokomo's!!! Sis boom bah...rah rah rah!! Gooooooooooo Kokomo's!!!!!!!!LOL
YAY Phats and the Lady Kats!!
Hey, P, meant to ask ya - so what's up with you and Ms. Nuttyblonde? You guys couldn't afford the rent for two blogs so ya decided to share one? Or is this a precursor to cohabitation (eg. if we can tolerate each other on Blogger then when he/she leaves the lid off the toothpaste when we finally move in together it won't be such a shock).
:-)
TGP- it's simple I LOVE SPORTS! not to mention it's a big part of my life right now
WMY- HECK YA!
ROCKY- Nutty and I are just friends I have a lovely lady named Kristen. Nutty is a friend of mine from HS, and when I started the blog and told her about it, she asked if she could co author and i said sure! So no cohabitating will be taking place :) haha
hehe good deal, phats. since I only got to the p & nb show at intermission, I wasn't quite sure if she was this magical creature Kristen or not... :-)
by the way - good job on the aquarium! you rule the uncle world!!
Congrats Kats! :)
Yay! Congrats :)
Congrats on the win !!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !
Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
Whoooooooo hoooooooooo !
Ok, that's enough cheering...Have a hot steamy Valentines Day !
Way to go Kats. And by the way I got my berries squashed this weekend as well.
mr shife got his berries squashed? oh no!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home