Monday, March 06, 2006

Phat Tuesday's D'oh!

Ahh yes, welcome back to the most fun day of the week PHAT TUESDAY'S WOOHOO! I have been meaning to do this topic for some time, but I just kept thinking of other things to write about. Perhaps the d'oh in the title gives it away, but this week's topic is one of my all time favorite television shows, The Simpsons!



I have a little quiz for you all to take, and the winner will win something not sure what yet, and NO CHEATING! Cheaters go to hell, where they will meet all the lawyers of the world. Before we get to the quiz lets take a look at some facts of this marvelous show, and the family that resides on Evergreen Terrace, in Springfield. The Simpsons began their tv run back in 1987 as a series of shorts on the Tracey Ullman show, and premiered as a series in Dec. of 1989 on Fox. The show started on Thursday nights not moving to Sunday's til after season 5, since then it has been on Sundays at 8pm. It has replaced The Flintstones as the longest running prime time animated show in tv history(love the flintstones too!) Now onto the quiz! TGP I expect you to ace this quiz.

Alright here is the deal it's your job to match up the character to the catch phrase, and certain characters can be answers to more then one catch phrase. Best of luck, best score wins, i'll think of some silly and mundane prize to give you I promise.

1. D'oh

2. Quit it (Name Here)! Quit it, quit it, quit it, quit it!

3. Yoink

4. Ha Ha

5. Hi-diddly ho, neighborino

6. Why you little!

7. Get Bent

8. Hi Everybody!

9. Excellent

10. Hi I'm (insert name) you might remember me from such films as "Fuzzy Bunny's Guide To You-Know-What"

11. Worst Episode Ever

12. Skinner!

13. Hey Hey Kids

14. Thank you come again

15. Glavin

Extra Credit, give me the names of the Simpsons dog and cat.

Alright here are the characters to pick from, in no particular order
Professor Frink
Homer
Bart
Superintendent Chalmers(or Supernintendo Chalmers)
Krusty the Clown
Dr Nick
Comic Book Guy
C. Montgomery Burns
Ned Flanders
Nelson Muntz
Snake
Apu
Troy McClure
Lisa


There are many more, but didn't want the quiz to be too long. If I left out your favorite go ahead and share with me in the comments. I couldn't think of a good one for my favorite character Ralph Wiggum, other then "I choo choo choooosee you" or "I bent my wookie" but he only says those one time. Have fun and NO CHEATING!

Other news real quick, I want to talk about this today and I hate to bring a downer on the fun. Today was the funeral for a soldier who was killed in the line of duty in Iraq, the soldier was from Kokomo. The line of cars through the city was unbelievable, as well as seeing the beefed up security at a funeral. There was a group of protesters that were suppose to come to Kokomo to protest this funeral for the reason he died, serving our country in a war some don't believe we should be fighting. They started early by not only egging the mother of this man's house, but taking down her US Flag and shredding it to pieces. Now, I don't care what your position is on the war and what not, but when someone dies you should let them and their loved ones rest in peace, and grief properly. I was very peeved by this whole story and the ugly turn it took. Our governor passed a law before today's funeral that forbid the protesting of a funeral, and thankfully there was not one protester there today. The passing of a loved one is always hard, and this mother deserved better then to be badgered by people when all she can think about is her loss. That's all I have to say on this topic.

I hate to end on such a downer, so I will spread some good news, it's going to be near 70 degrees this weekend WOOHOO hello SPRING!! Please let it stick this time. Have a great Tuesday everyone. Oh yeah, please keep giving me the advice on how to propose as well from my previous post. It's greatly appreciated.

Phats.

10 Comments:

At 1:39 AM , Blogger Rocky (Racquel) said...

On the funeral topic, I agree with you. I was getting all burned up tonight watching uber-religious protesters disrupt the funeral of a gay servicemember. Jesus would be so proud.

As a veteran, I find it wholly offensive that someone would terrorize a military funeral (or any funeral for that matter). If you don't like the way the military is used, take it up with the pols and not with a grieving family.

On a happier note, although I am generally a crankster on the topic of love & romance since I'm a spinster, I shall give you the very best proposal advice. Be sincere and tell her why it is that she's the one. The rest is just icing on the cake.

PS if you're a good boy then maybe sometime I'll tell you how I know the REAL person upon whom the character C. Montgomery Burns is based.

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Mike H said...

1. D'oh - Homer

2. Quit it (Name Here)! Quit it, quit it, quit it, quit it! - Lisa, do I have to put the name in the catch phrase too? Because I pick Bart for the (Name Here!) answer.

3. Yoink - Snake

4. Ha Ha - Nelson

5. Hi-diddly ho, neighborino _ Ned Flanders

6. Why you little! - Homer

7. Get Bent - Bart

8. Hi Everybody! - Hi Dr. Nick!

9. Excellent - C. Montgomery Burns

10. Hi I'm (insert name) you might remember me from such films as "Fuzzy Bunny's Guide To You-Know-What" - Troy Mclure

11. Worst Episode Ever - Comic Book Guy

12. Skinner! - Superintendent Chalmers

13. Hey Hey Kids - Krusty the Clown

14. Thank you come again - Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

15. Glavin - Professor Frink

Extra Credit - Santa's Little Helper and Snowball 2

And I didn't even look at Nutty's Answers. These are all just off the top of my head. It's full of this useless knowledge.

 
At 1:27 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Shannon I figured you'd pass on the simpsons, especially when you asked what a flaming homer was!!! I was shocked!

As for you two who guessed, i am not commenting on a winner til next week ;) maybe we'll get some more people who knows.

Rocky- I am always good :)

 
At 1:29 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Ohh wow I am so saddened to hear about that story of the mother and her loss. What a bunch of fuggers!! omg I just cant say anymore because I would take up all of your blogger space with my anger against the protesters. I say Protest the war, fine....but dont protest the soldiers that go - thats plain wrong.

 
At 5:29 AM , Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



You totally missed Idol.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Tina it is a sad and bad situation!

I watched idol hippo!! I will probably write about it thurs after the top 12 are revealed. Your melissa might be in trouble.

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger The Future said...

1. It is a real shame whwn some asshole, doesn't have the common decencey to respect somebody's funeral, I had read that their was a religous group travveliong around the country protesting funerals saying that it was a deserved because America promotes homosexuality, or something to that effect. But on the flip side a bunch of bikers have been travelling the country and trying to make sure that these assholes dont spoil the funerals.
2. A proposal should come from your heart, not the ideas of somebody else, it will mean more to both of you if you come up with an original idea. (Sidenote On a recent poll which i viewed women do not want elaborate proposals. Don't know how true that is, but just relaying the info I read)

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Hey future thanks for the comment.

1.) totally agree
2.) thanks for the info :)

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Those people who protest a funeral should be fucking deported. They don't deserve to live in this country. If they oppose the war, fine, but there are much better ways to protest than to show up to a grieving mother's house and act like complete morons.

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger LBseahag said...

I know all the answers, but I was so flabbergasted that you were finally able to post a jpeg, that i forgot...

i love the word flabbergasted..any word with flab and gas in it kicks ass.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home