Monday, July 18, 2005

Time to get LOUD, time to REPRESENT.........

Yes, yes we all know what time it is! So an action packed weekend on my side of things and instead of writing separate entries I thought I would write one big one for the whole weekend. Fun right? So Friday, was my only down day, I was home and it stormed the electricity flickered and I thought just peachy, but luckily we didn't lose it. I basically slept all day, and when I wasn't sleeping I was watching tv, sometimes it's just nice being lazy. So I knew I was playing in a tournament the next day, a tennis tournament, in the mixed doubles with Tricia. Well, around 7ish on Friday, calls me and says "I have strep" Naturally I say lets just drop out, I don't wanna risk you getting worse, and she is pregnant to begin with, but she insisted on at least trying. So, I went to bed not sure if I was playing or not. Crazy eh?

So, Saturday I wake up, still haven't heard from her, so I set out for KHS courts around 11, had to be there at 11:30 for a 1st round match at 11:45. She was there and looked fine, but I knew she had been sick you could see the puffs around her eyes. Alright we take the court to play these two High School kids and I wanted to win! I could tell during the warm up, we can win this thing easy the way they were hitting and thought good. Uhh someone forgot to tell them we were gonna win easy, they stayed right with us thru the first set and eventually tied it at 5 all! I am thinking you've gotta be kidding me, we were playing down to their level. Finally we won the set at 7-5 after 1 hr and 20 mins of play, the other mixed match had been done for a long time. So we started the second set a hell of a lot better, and cruised to a 6-2 win to take the match. Relief we didn't lose to someone who was not good. That put us in the semi finals vs the #1 seeds! Who ironically I had coached both it was weird playing them. So after a few hours of rest we were back on the courts ready to go again. This time we came out on fire, just not missing and cruised to a 6-1 set. I think both Tricia and I were shocked at this, and we realized alright we have a shot lets execute, and then it happened. My enegry just sank it went downhill fast. What people don't realize is on all these meds I hit a wall everyday and unfortunately it happened in the second set. We lost 3-6 so we went to a third. Everything was going great we switched up 3-2 and never won another game. so we lost 6-1, 3-6, 3-6, and Josh and Megan went on to win the tournament, congrats to them! Looking back I had fun, I was very sore, and Tricia sometimes hogged the ball a little too much for my liking, but I would play with her again.

On to Sunday, the big Kings Island trip woot! So we loaded the family truckster, mom, dad, and myself at 7:30am headed to Jenn's and picked up Jenn(my sister) Luke(brother in law) and Tate and Trey(2 yr old nephews). On the drive there I put my headphones on, and slept listening to Rascal Flatts, it made it a short quick trip for me. The weather was iffy overcast, but no rain! When we got in the gate we planned that Luke and I would go ride the roller coasters, and the rest would go to Hannah Barbara Land/Nick Central. This was great, there were NO lines whatsoever, almost everything was walk on. Luke, and I rode "son of beast, top gun, Drop Zone, Racer forwards and backwards" all before we had to meet up with them. Lets just say Son of beast should be called "son of a bitch that hurts" beat the living crap out of us. Top gun was fun but not really thrilling, which brings me to my favorite ride in the park, Drop Zone. It unfortunately was the longest line, or we would have ridden again. Luke was actually freaking out on the way up, for those of you who don't know it's a GIANT free fall ride falling from 300 feet. It's a blast and they so tease you at the top holding you there, great ride. The racers both ways beat the hell out of me too, bleh so so rough. So, we all ate together then headed for HBL to watch the tykes enjoy some rides, they were not only so cute but so well behaved all day. They LOVED the fake cars you drive. After this Luke and I headed for my other favorite ride "the beast!" I love this one, and it seemed to be running faster, and smoother a great combination. Although it's so much more fun to ride at night, it was still a blast. Then it was off to Vortex, one of the best first hills of any coaster out there, it was nice going into the first loop heading straight for the sun bleh. Last rides of the trip were racer forwards/backwards one more time each. To my suprise it was much smoother this time, so much fun. We ended our funfillled family trip by watching the Nick parade with all the nick characters. I kid you not the little girl next to us when Sponge Bob came by said "I LOVE YOU SPONGE BOB" and was jumping up and down excitedly. I have to give PKI their props, it was very clean and friendly good job crew!

As for the family, mom was mom. I love my mother but oh my god, needs to chill out! I think it's probably a good thing I wasn't around her much, when it comes to the twins so so paranoid! She needs to learn to relax a little and let Jenn and Luke take care of it, that will never happen. The boys were pretty much angels, no fits or anything which is a LOT for 2 yr olds. I believe they had fun but you never can tell when they are that age. Jenn and Luke are fun to be around, cool to hang with, Luke thanks again for all the rides buddy :) glad you married my sister haha. I will post pictures as soon as I get them developed. By the way never got rained on WOOT!

So, that was my weekend pretty busy, I am exhausted and have places on my body that are sore that I wasn't sure I had. This week will be busy, have camp this week, still teaching at night and Jan, Lisa, and Shelby are here. I will try to keep writing, some things are going on that I want to write about but probably shouldn't. I think some garbage needs dumped, for instance mullah needs to go hahahaha :) he is a jerkwad

Holla atcha boy.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Man, the beast ROCKS!!! I haven't been there in ages though, so my mind could be a little foggy about it. It was KI where I first started riding coasters. My friends got me on the Mayan adventure one b/c we didn't know it was a coaster. I've loved em ever since! Although the wooden ones that shake the crap outta you really aren't cool. I still miss the Smurf ride there though. *sniff, sniff.

BTW, yeah I know proper gentlemen are brought up to open doors for ALL ladies. I guess this girl is just being 18 and REALLY jealous of me! Oh well, I knew him first!!! :) And don't tell her but he bought me an ice cream cone the other day! Shhhhhhh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home