Horrific.
As most of you know, and if you don't you must be living in a cloud, another terrorist attack happened today in London, and this just sickens me! My heart personally goes out to all those touched by this tragedy over there, whether family, injured or deceased. It makes you truly realize how ugly this world can be sometimes, and I for one hope it stops soon. Keep this people in your thoughts and prayers!
It's really ironic I was going to write about a recent television show I watched of MTV's True Life Documentaries. They did one on "True Life: I am home from Iraq" it was very touching and real, but it all made me wonder seeing this 20 something kids pledge themselves to such a process I can't even imagine. They are willing to give their life if need be to protect our country, it just amazes me. I have friends in the Air Force, Army, and Coast Guard and they all say the same thing, "it's my duty!" and none of them have any fear. My one friend in the army will be going to Iraq soon, he just found out, and isn't phased a bit. I couldn't do it, I can tell you that right now. Hopefully an end to this war will be soon.
Alright so how about some much less heavy topics, like TV, Big Brother 6 started tonight WOOT! I love this show so much that I even auditioned once can you believe that!? The tape was hella funny. Anyway it started tonight it's going to be really good, good cast of characters, I already don't like Eric the firefighter, too damn paranoid! My summer addiction fix is here. I also watched "that 70's house" on MTV oh my gosh I loved it! Brief overview like 16 kids are in a house and are told nothing but it's a game, and they have to dress, speak, and all that jazz like they are in the 70's if they don't they can get eliminated. It was groovy baby. Lets, see the fair starts monday, now when I was in HS I loved going to the fair, not so anymore. I don't like seeing people I went to HS with, and usually the ones I really don't wanna see are the ones I do see, go figure. I have gotten very good at the duck and weave so I can avoid conversations, or sometimes I just act like I don't see them. How rude is that?! haha but seriously if you went to HS with these kids you would do the same thing. I will go one night though, I want to get that great fudge, and lets not forget the deep fried oreo! yummmmmyyy! :)
Well, I am going to go eat my dinner now. Have a good one everyone, remember to keep the brits in your prayers.


1 Comments:
What happened in London is truly sad and scary. It could happen here again anytime. I have a cousin over in Iraq (2nd or 3rd tour I think) and he thinks nothing of it either. Sure, he misses being home and seeing his family and friends, but he also see it as his duty to protect us and our freedom. God bless everyone over there and here protecting us!
On to other matters....
ducking and weaving are GREAT tactics for avoiding those with whom you do not wish to socialize. I did that at my reunion and it worked! Although it could have been them avoiding me, but I prefer to think the prior. I mean, who wouldn't want to say hi to me, right?! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home