Sunday, December 02, 2012

How about an update

First off congrats to the Purdue football team who accepted an invite to play in the Heart of Dallas bowl Jan 1st vs Oklahoma State.  Not to take anything for granted here but that this Purdue team is bowling is probably a sign too many bowls out there.  I am excited to head to Dallas for this one though since it's played at(in) the Cotton Bowl, and it brings back good memories of when Joe Tiller in his first year took Purdue to the Alamo Bowl and beat Oklahoma State.  We will definitely be underdogs but who knows we're playing well it might be a good game without hopeless on the sidelines.   What bowl game is your team playing in?   How about NIU getting a bid to the BCS?  Fair?    People might say they don't deserve it but that to me will just fuel their fire, and look at it this way they are up against the weakest power conference in football in the ACC(I don't count the Big Least)  I will hopefully do a bowl pick em again all you guest pickers out there I will be contacting you to see if you're available to pick again, and I want to add a few new ones. 

Well, I was really worried I might have to avoid twitter for awhile after last week but alas my Boilers put it together and beat Clemson!   I was worried the shit I would take from Topolk, and Emily :) all in good fun of course, but something surprising happened Purdue won in dominating fashion.   I was just as surprised as everyone else.  While the challenged ended in a 6-6 tie I looked at it as an ACC win because the B1G was suppose to be so dominant yet they tied us.  The frustrating part about this Boiler team is after that nice win we return home and lay an egg against Xavier BLAH.  Let me just say this too I would never condone fighting or violence, but I see how it happened in that X/Cincy game last year.  X's coach, and their players were talking shit to our student section.  They were constantly turning around talking to the Paint Crew what is up with that?!  I seriously hope we don't play them again.  Last Purdue update big, no huge congrats to Coach Shondell and the Boiler volleyball team for traveling to Florida State and beating the Seminoles on their homecourt in rd 2 of the NCAA tournament.  Why was it so huge first off broke a 27 match home court win streak, but more importantly now the Boilers return home to Mackey for the sweet 16  I am definitely heading there Friday to check out some great volleyball action.  Boiler Up!

Who is watching Amazing Race?  Down to the final 4 and looks like next week is the finale.  I want team Chippendale to win, yes it feels weird to say that, but they seem like nice guys and have run a great race.  I think it's between them and Trey and Lexie.  As much as people don't like the twinnies they have grown on me, and they might be the best all female competitors ever man they are tough.  This has been a good season, and it's odd because it took awhile to get a favorite team.  I still want to go on this show but after seeing some challenges I am wavering a bit.  I am thinking Big Brother is more my pace, scheme, lie, and be lazy, and challenges that can't actually kill you, just embarrass :)  

Everyone ready for Christmas??   I have started shopping I am pretty stoked with that I made a plan to start sooner and I have.   I got my nephews done, and working on others now.  I love Christmas it's just such a magical holiday.  I will say though that some of those damn trees, their boxes falsely advertise!   This box said pre lit easy to put up, uhh after about 5 hours I was drenched with sweat and probably said every cuss word out there.  I was seriously ready to chuck it out the window and go by another one that was easier haha.

Last, but definitely not least.  A HUGE shoutout of CONGRATS to one of my best friends, and someone I have pretty much known my entire life.  Miss Bekah of the blog Bekah Bits and someone I know in real life, got hitched today!!  I am incredibly happy for her and Ryan, and I am really looking forward to getting together for our first game night with her being an official married woman!   She has been incredibly friend to me for 30 some years and words can't express how happy I am for her.  Congrats Bekah and Ryan!  Best wishes

Phats 


1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

No Christmas tree should take longer than 15 minutes to put together. Definitely need to replace that thing.

Congrats to Bekah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home