Thursday, October 25, 2012

Time for a Boiler turnaround I feel it



So, after sitting out in the pouring rain against Wisconsin the above clip played on the Jumbotron that almost made it worth it especially seeing Coach V at the 31 sec mark do it.  The Boilers have dropped 3 straight two blow outs and a nail biter at #7 OSU while I will always back my Boilers I got the OK from my Clemson friends to adopt their Tigers the rest of the way so GOOOO TIGERS!   Speaking of my guest picker this week is a Clemson Tiger, who works at Wake Forest you'll see why this is important when we get to the games.  Of course I am speaking of Mr Topolk, a quick shout out to him because and I am pretty certain of this he and his lovely lady are the first couple to have won my bracket contest I do March.  Anyway, he will be guest picking with me this week so onto the games!   Idaho and West Virginia are off this week

PRO GAMES
Washington Redskins at Pittsburgh Steelers(Rocket)
Phats- I am not sure who to pick Skins let a game go they should have won last week right?  Why not take the rookie QB
REDSKINS 28 steelers 24

Topolk- Redskins 28 Steelers 24
FINAL SCORE Steelers 27 skins 12
Phats- D'oh
Topolk- D'oh

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings(Thomas)
Phats- No clue give me the Vikes for Thomas
VIKINGS 31 bucs 24

Topolk- Vikings 20 Bucs 10
FINAL SCORE Bucs 36 vikings 17
Phats- D'oh
Topolk- D'oh

New England Patriots(Thomas) at St Louis Rams(Phoenix)
Phats- I actually caught the end of the Pats game last Sunday waiting for Amazing Race to start, and got to see former Boiler Ninkovich end the game!  Sorry Phoenix I have to take the Pats here
PATRIOTS 35 rams 21

Topolk- Patriots 30 Rams 17
FINAL SCORE Patriots 45 rams 7
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO

Carolina Panthers(topolk) at Chicago Bears
Phats- How is that pansy Jay Cutler doing after taking a hit?   The Bears have to lose sooner or later why not his weekend to the Panthers?
PANTHERS 24 bears 13

Topolk- Bears 31 Panthers 17
FINAL SCORE Bears 23 panthers 22
Phats- D'oh
Topolk- WOOHOO

COLLEGE GAMES
Kent State Golden Flashes(DG) at Rutgers Scarlett Knights
Phats- Wait when did Rutgers get good?  I saw they were not only undefeated but ranked how the hell did that happen?  I guess I have to go with them
Rutgers 35 kent state 17

Topolk- Can Rutgers move it to 8-0? Possibly. The Golden Flashes will represent the MAC proudly in this on, giving the Scarlet Knights all that they can handle. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this one decided in the final minutes, if not in overtime.
Kent State 34, Rutgers 40
FINAL SCORE KSU 35 rutgers 23
Phats- D'oh
Topolk- D'oh 

Kentuck Wildcats at Missouri Tigers(Nutz)
Phats- Wow a SEC game that Missouri might actually win but it will be close
Missouri 35 Kentucky 28

Topolk-  Kentucky is so bad this year. Not surprisingly, Mizzou isn't lighting the SEC on fire either. It won't be a pretty game, but I think Mizzou has enough in the tank to finally grab their first SEC win.
Kentucky 20, Missouri 34
FINAL SCORE Missouri 33 UK 10
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO

BYU Cougars at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets(Emily)
Phats- BYU gave ND a game last week but ND is overrated.  I know nothing about the Jackets unfortunately Emily I think I am going with the Mormons
BYU 41 georgia tech 21

Topolk- BYU is better than their record indicates and GT is probably slightly worse than their record indicates. Look for BYU to take some of last week's momentum (from a game they loss mind you) into Atlanta to make this game closer than it needs to be. Actually, screw that. The Cougars are going to sting the Jackets at home, continuing what has been an absolutely awful out of conference year for the ACC.
BYU 21, Georgia Tech 17
FINAL SCORE BYU 41 ga tech 17
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO 

Boise State Broncos(duck) at Wyoming Cowboys
Phats
- How is Boise doing this year?   Did anyone else see the Wyoming coach cuss out the coach for Air Force dropping several F bombs before his daughter begged him to stop, he did but after he said "Go do your press conference fly boy" haha that was great but Boise should win this
BOISE STATE 49 wyoming 21

Topolk-  The Broncos do what they do best. Cruise along, easily defeating conference foes (that is until they lose a game they shouldn't. This isn't that game though.). Boise State wins, business as usual...
Boise State 33, Wyoming 6
FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 45 wyoming 14
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO

Texas Longhorns(Gary, Cheryl) at Kansas Jayhawks
Phats- I am guessing KU is excited because college basketball is almost here
TEXAS 49 kansas 7

Topolk- Texas is a better team than Kansas in every possible way. The only things they have in common this year is that they both will be playing on the same field and that Oklahoma made easy work out of both of them.
Texas 40, Kansas 17
FINAL SCORE Texas 21 Kansas 17
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO 

Michigan Wolverines at Nebraska Cornhuskers(Travis)
Phats
- B1G higher ups have pretty much said they want a UM/Wisky title game and honestly I haven't been impressed with the Huskers scUM rolls
MICHIGAN 38 nebraska 17

Topolk- Nebraska's B1G wins haven't been pretty, whereas Michigan looks like they're ready for a trip to Indy. Can Nebraska keep "Shoelaces" untied? Doubtful, but the fact that this game is in Lincoln may help their case in slowing him down a bit.
Michigan 38, Nebraska 31
FINAL SCORE NEBRASKA 23 michigan 9
Phats- D'oh
Topolk- D'oh 

Tennessee Volunteers(Tiggy) at South Carolina Gamecocks
Phats- Gamecocks got drilled at Fla, look for them to rebound in a close game here
SOUTH CAROLINA 31 tennessee 17

Topolk- Believe me, I'd love to pick the Vols to upset the Gamecocks at home, but the chances of that are slim. After two losses on the road, I'm sure that the Ol' Ball Coach is more than excited to be back in the comfy confines of Williams-Brice.
Tennessee 20, South Carolina 34
FINAL SCORE South Carolina 38 tennessee 35
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO 

Mississippi State Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide(Gary, Cheryl) 
Phats- I would love to see MSU win this game but it's away so Bama with a comfortable win here
ALABAMA 31 mississippi state 17

Topolk- Mississippi State Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide(Cheryl, Gary) 
No one's stopping Alabama. The Bulldogs put up a fight, but this one is over before the first half is done.
Mississippi State 17, Alabama 40

FINAL SCORE Alabama 38 Miss St 7
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO

Texas Tech Red Raiders(Jef, Fuzz) at Kansas State Wildcats
Phats-
This might be a good one, but K-State seems to be the cream of the crop in the Big 12 so I have to go with the Wildcats especially at home
K-STATE 38 texas tech 24

Topolk- MAH GAWD, THE CARNAGE! It's like a train wreck out there! Look for Stone Cold Bill Snyder to drop a few Stone Cold Stunners on Terrible Tommy Tuberville to score the pinfall, bringing the College Football Belt to Manhattan, KS for the first time ever.
Texas Tech 35, Kansas State 44
FINAL SCORE K-State 55 ttu 24
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO

Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Oklahoma Sooners
Phats- I chose this one because I think the Irish finally get exposed, seriously who have they beat???  Teams in the B1G?  BYU?  Navy?  Stanford where they got the help of the ref??  Irish go down hard here
OKLAHOMA 49 notre dame 10

Topolk- Notre Dame is the closest thing the BCS has had to a "Cinderella" team this year. Too bad the clock is going to strike midnight in Norman, OK. The Fighting Irish won't have the offensive firepower to keep up the Sooners. Oklahoma makes this look easy.
Notre Dame 24, Oklahoma 41
FINAL SCORE Notre Dame 30 ou 10
Phats- D'oh
Topolk- D'oh 

Clemson Tigers(Topolk, Emily) at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Phats- Hey my adopted team :)  Tigers will KILL the deacs this one will be over by halftime Go Big Orange!
CLEMSON 55 wake 17

Topolk- Is it bad that this game worries me? It shouldn't. My Tigers are #14 in the country and have been rolling along since our loss to Florida State. However, we Clemson fans have long memories. We know that historically we're not good (2-9) on Thursday nights. We know that the last time we saw Wake Forest on a Thursday, we lost the game (12-7) and our coach (Tommy Bowden). We also remember that the Deacs gave us fits last year before were able to clinch our division on a last second field goal. Combine that with the fact that our secondary is thin due to injuries and you have a game where Wake could be easily penciled in for an upset. Not so fast though... Having seen this Wake team up close quite often (I do work there), I think Clemson pulls this one out. Not big like everyone's predicting, but comfortably. We have too many weapons and Wake isn't that intimidating of a place to play.
Clemson 44, Wake Forest 30 
FINAL SCORE CLEMSON 42 wake 14
Phats- WOOHOO
Topolk- WOOHOO 

Purdue Boilermakers at Minnesota Golden Gophers
Phats- Been a rough 3 weeks for my Boilers, and this game depends on what team shows up?  Is it the team the slept walked thru the UM and Wisky games or the team that should have won at OSU??  Lets go with the latter and see the Boilers pull off a close win, and for a real highlight if you ever see Minny play keep an eye on Goldy the Gopher he spins his head!
PURDUE 35 minnesota 24 

Topolk- Oh Purdue. Last week could have been special. The way last week's game against Ohio State ended concerns me a bit, because it's going to leave Purdue emotionally hungover. Thankfully, Goldie is awful.It'll be ugly, but Purdue picks up a B1G win.
Purdue 19, Minnesota 13
FINAL SCORE Minnesota 44 purdue 21

Phats- D'oh(FIRE HOPE!)
Topolk- D"oh

Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!

BTFU!!




3 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Purdue Gangnam Style was awesome. Hope your boys BTFU tomorrow and get a big W. I am glad Idaho has a bye because I don't think I could handle another bad football game. Have a good weekend buddy.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger TOPolk said...

Looks like I won this one! Though, out of our picks, only Panthers/Bears was different.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

You were too kind to the Rams. They got squashed - for all of England to see!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home