Monday, October 22, 2012

Hey an update

Hey what's this an update from Phats??  WOW!  Yes, I have been MIA here lately and I know that crushes the 3 people that still read this as wait with baited breath over what I am going to write next.  It's been a huge combo of things that have kept me off here the old stand by I have been busy, which is true no matter how cliche it sounds.  I haven't been doing great in some aspects of my life, don't worry I am perfectly fine health wise just I dunno it's hard to explain and I have trust issues to begin with so I am sure as hell not going to talk about it on here.

I feel awful neglecting my usual picks on Thursday's but these last two weeks I was just SLAMMED with work.  When I did get free time the last thing I wanted to do was type up a blog post.  Don't worry the picks will be back up and running this week and I have lined up a guest picker so all is good to go.  Lets talk about football season shall we?  Purdue sucks no wait let me rephrase Purdue's coaching staff SUCKS.  I admit I bought into the hype, it came from the team and coaches, and I bought into even more when the Big Ten Network analysts bought in, and then came the National media so I am thinking alright.  We finished non conference season 3-1 that's not bad all things considered our loss was a 3 pt set back at undefeated and highly overrated Notre Dame(more on that later) and then B1G play started and we fell apart.  First was the drubbing at home to Michigan, and then the following week in a downpour that yours truly sat thru, we got clobbered by Wisconsin so going into this past Satruday's game I had low expectations afterall we were playing at Ohio State who was undefeated and most said the best team in our conference.  Lets just say I was so happy for about 59 mins.  We played great scored on our first play, after they answered we didn't fold and ran a 100 yard kickoff back for a TD.  Unfortunately we left a lot of points on the field.  We missed an extra point, had a field goal blocked, and missed another.  Then there was the INT when we were on the OSU 11 that was ALL before halftime.  We played a good second half they of course took a 14-13 lead and again we scored to regain our lead.  Then we got a huge break at this point in the game we were only up 20-14 due to the missed point and our punter pinned them on their own 1 yard line.  2 plays later OSU was guilty of a penalty in the endzone resulting in 2 pts for us.  I won't at the 2 min mark we intercepted their BACK UP QB, oh ya their star stud QB Braxton Miller went out shortly after the 2 pt play.  We couldn't run the clock out we punt giving them the ball with 59 secs and they had NO TIME OUTS.  Of course they scored and got the 2 pt conversion we lose in OT and I am pissed.  I completely back this team, I am so ready for this entire staff to be fired like the rest of our fanbase.  HOWEVER, Purdue has always prided themselves of not being at a negative when it comes to money and it will take 600,000 to buyout Danny Boy, not to mention the money for a new coach.  So I am worried we are stuck with this clown.  I feel most for the kids on the team they are players and have talent just being led the wrong direction.  I can't see many people showing up for the Penn State game in 2 weeks.

Anybody dressing up for Halloween?  I recently  discovered that tootsie roll pops now come in banana flavor!!  I love those, and I am going to try and eat a chocolate and banana together to see if it's like a chocolate covered banana.  The bad part of finding out they have banana flavor I have almost eaten all the candy I was going to give out OOPS!   

We are getting our Indian summer this week suppose to be 80 Wednesday I love that!!  Might bring some storms too, whch I also love.  Other than that my least favorite time is approaching winter :(

OK there is your update from Phats not all sports!   Oh yeah congrats to my friend Bekah for getting engaged WOOHOO!!  So So Happy for her, even though I think love bites right now. 

3 Comments:

At 9:45 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

THanks for the shout out and congrats!! ANd thanks for being happy even when it's hard. (Tomorrow's blog post will be appropriate for you.) I'm sorry life isn't good right now - I do hate those times so much. If you need to vent - you know I'll listen!

PS - I was confused there for a minute and thought you were dressing up as a tootsie pop for halloween. I will not be dressing up. I will be eating candy.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

Congrats on the engagement Bekah!
I'm sorry you're having a crappy time Phats... and it sucks not having somewhere to throw your toys out the cot.
AND your team isn't going great guns!
:(

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger _emily_rose said...

Sorry life sucks. We've all been there, and the best news I can tell you is that it does get better.

Sorry about your football team too, you can always cheer for Clemson!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home