Introducing my famous blogger buddy Travis
So here is the 2nd installment of you write my blog, incase you're wondering I was having a bad case of nothing to write about so I asked you all for suggestions. This week I am focusing on my Cornhusker buddy Travis. For those of you that don't know Travis wrote a book, and his suggestion was I write about and help promote his book so here it is! Oddly enough Travis is not my only author buddy gotta give a little love to my real life friend Bekah who has also written a book and now I feel just stupid.
First off lets start with the name of the book, it's called The Feedstore Chronicles for the rest of this write up I sent Travis an email with some questions so here it is! Also, Travis would be more than willing to answer comments in the comment section I believe anyway.
I asked Travis for a quick synopsis
The Feedstore Chronicles is a comical coming-of-age memoir about my days working for the world's most morally bankrupt boss at a dusty Texas Feedstore.
Why should my readers buy this book?
Your bloggers should buy it because BY DAMN you told them to. Okay, just in case you don;t have that kind of sway with reality TV junkies, Boilermaker fans, and your other assorted fans let me say they should buy it because I guarantee them more than a few laughs and the world needs more laughter. (For the record I am this close --yes, I am holding my thumb and index finger a mere 2 centimeters apart -- to being on a reality show myself.) No, I am not kidding.
OK so you convinced them to buy it, but where can they pick it up at?
The book is available for order at nearly all book stores or online via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or other fine book retailers. The Feedstore Chronicles is available in print or as an eBook.
Finally Travis gives you a blurb from the back cover.
Welcome to Pearl's Feed and Seed
Most coming-of-age stories are fraught with symbolism, hidden metaphors, and a heaping mound of other literary devices. Not this one. Not mine. You see, I came of age while working at a dusty Texas feedstore. A place where To Kill a Mockingbird involved a twelve-year-old and a BB gun. Of Mice and Men was a problem easily solved with rat poison. And David Copperfield was nothing more than a dude that made shit disappear. In the spring of 1989, I went to work at Pearl's Feed and Seed for a man named Doyle Suggs. On the surface Doyle and I had little in common: I was a rosy-cheeked boy of sixteen; he was a twice-divorced, thirty-year-old high school dropout. I had yet to go on my first date; he was trading sex for horse feed in the back room. Sure, Doyle was a lout, a liar, and a lecherous derelict. To this day, he remains the most morally bankrupt man I've ever met, yet my life wouldn't be half as blessed, had I missed out on his misguided education. The Feedstore Chronicles is a mostly true account of those days and when murderous ex-wives, well-hung bulldogs, and feed room fornication were all part of a normal day at Pearl's.
Hopefully this helps sales Travis!
Phats


4 Comments:
How cool that he wrote a book!! And no way are you stupid! (HELLO!!) Would it make you feel better to play tennis with me and see how utterly stupid I am??
Sounds promising! I spent 4 years near the bootheel of Missouri - and student-taught in the town where our nation held the last government sponsored (official) hanging of a "Negro."
And I'm pretty sure I came into contact with some boys that were destined to be future Doyles.
Oh, and hey - my book will be out this summer. My publisher has set the date for July 20. Hopefully you can plug that a tiny bit too Phats!
I had no idea that you had so many author friends Phats! That's so cool, and I'm glad you shared about this book. Once I finish the Dragon Tattoo series I'll have to check it out :)
Phats you are right there with Tom Osborne on my hero list.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home