Sweet Jesus what a weekend
First off it's GREAT to be a BOILERMAKER baby!! What a great sports weekend it was for the Boilers, and oddly enough it came on a weekend that Purdue had a big celebration planned. This weekend Mackey Arena had its re-dedication ceremony as the construction was finally 100% complete and boy oh boy AD Morgan Burke couldn't have scripted the weekend any better. The Volleyball team got things started as the #10 ranked Boilers defeated Iowa at the Boiler Box in comeback fashion taking it in 5. Friday night was the night though the mens basketball team took the newly renovated Mackey court and promptly beat the Northern Illinois Huskies by 60 points!! 96-34 behind 21 pts from Robbie Hummel in only 20 mins!! Saturday, the football team pulled out a 26-23 THRILLING OT win. After controlling almost the entire game up 20-14 with 1 min to go OSU scored on a great play by their QB. On a 4th and 3 he hurdled his center to literally avoid a sack and throw a TD bomb OSU fans going nuts, Boiler faithful thinking oh crap again!! Suddenly though like the sports gods were finally with us we blocked the extra point and went to OT. After holding OSU to a field goal we made 2 spectacular plays first was on a third and long our QB Robert Marve scrambled took contact and drug the defender 2 yards to pick it up, then on a 3rd and 12 he found Gary Bush wide open at the 1 for a first down. That play was reviewed to see if he crossed the plane, when he hadnt Marve did a QB sneak for the Boilermaker win!! Students first rushed the field then the rest of the fans did including yours truly, and to the rudest fan base in the Big Ten, OSU SUCK IT! Literally a few hours later a record crowd watched as the #10 volleyball team not only beat #2 Nebraska but they swept em and it was never close. Then rounding this amazing Purdue sports weekend the Purdue women defeated the IUPUI Jaguars 75-45 today. I am thinking maybe they should re-dedicate Mackey every weekend.
As for the guest picking results
Duck- 8-8
Phats- 11-5
With the Monday night NFL game still to go.
Obviously the big stories of the weekend two more title contenders went down. Boise State lost to TCU in a wild game luckily I got to see the end of it. If I were BSU I would recruit a 5 star kicker ASAP! It's hard to believe 2 straight years they might have lost a title shot by a FG. I feel bad for the school, it's fans, but especially Kellen Moore he has done everything possible to put them in position gotta feel for the kid. Also though give credit to the Horned Frogs they talked some major crap about Boise in the past they went into a tough place to play and backed it up. As for Stanford not as suprised I don't buy into the left coast teams very much.
Congrats to Clemson!! They won their division with a win over Wake. Our game was going on at the same time so I don't have details but sounds like it was a thriller.
Non Sports
Today was a WEIRD day, went out to run some errands got home around 12:45 and about 15 mins later our power went out. Not a big deal I actually crawled back into bed and slept ha! When I awoke around 3 still NO power so called the power company and they said should be back on by 4:30. Not a big deal I found time then to finish a book, and it's not too cold here today so that wasn't a problem but 4:30 comes still no power. With DST it's now getting dark at 5 this is not good, called again now they are saying 8:30, but then our house comes to live with power yay, and 5 mins later we lose it again boo!! What a tease! I chose to crawl back into bed and sleep some more, woke up refreshed and HUNGRY but instead of going anywhere put my book light on my head and started a new book, and our neighbors called. They apparently called and power company said probably nothing til 12:30 if at all. WHAT!? This is not good, I have a beauty routine I have to do to go to work tomorrow. I chose to turn my cell phone alarm on and climb back into bed with my book light and read and to my GREAT suprise the power came back on around 9:40 and knock on wood have stayed on since. Apparently a power line was blown over in this wind and a good majority of town was without power. Glad it's back but disappointed I missed Amazing Race, I will have to catch it online.
I don't have anything else, I was writing tonight because all the sleep I got today I am not tired haha. Which isn't good. Sooo have a good week
Phats


4 Comments:
That is so crazy about the power! Some of Marion was without too...Meijer was restocking cold stuff at 6 pm
I'm not an big OSU fan either - cocky jerks.
It was super windy here too over the weekend. Luckily it wasn't cold!
Glad you had a good sports weekend, Phat. Way for Purdue to BTFU. Have a good rest of your week.
I think a great deal is revealed about a person by the way they respond to being powerless for some time. It certainly helps one see how addicted they are to various electronic devices. Silence can be a wonderful thing. Good to hear you were no worse for the wear. The "Race" came down to the last minute. Hope you enjoy it, and again, great win for your team!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home