This could be a tough one
I am a little nervous for the Purdue game this weekend, no not because it will be a thriller or anything like that, mostly that we make it out of the game alive. We travel to Madison Saturday to play a PISSED OFF Wisconsin Badger team who has lost two straight games. Do I like our chances, NOPE! Here's the deal probably 3 teams in the Big Ten are pretty solid, everyone else is just so so however Wisky is one of those solid teams, and they are almost unbeatable at home. I have been contemplating who to take, will this be the first time in my blog picking history I go against my Boilers???
First off I didn't mean to short change Topolk from last week, but I didn't want to have any sports related stuff on that post about my grandma, I felt like it needed to stand alone. This week I have a twist as not 1 but 2 guest pickers will be playing, and they are husband and wife and two of my ALL time favorite blog people. Of course I am speaking of Alabama's biggest fans Cheryl and Gary. I'd suggest taking a look at their blogs but they have both moved to other social media, but you could always read their archives. This is a HUGE week for them as Alabama who is #2 takes on #1 LSU at home, I can't even imagine how excited they must be. Alright onto the picks, Illinois, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and the Vikings are all off. Oh before that I have a message from Cheryl, and apparently there is a steak dinner with margarita bet on this for these two haha.
Greetings from Alabama, where we are in the midst of preparation for the Game of the Century, the Battle of Armageddon, or whatever other insane name you wanna give this game. Gary and I will be AT the game, and we are so excited!! I hope that it lives up to all the hype, but also that Bama wins by at least a touchdown (because I'm usually hiding underneath my seat when it goes down to the wire). Look for us on tv...we will be the ones wearing lots of crimson and white, and yelling Roll Tide!! really loudly (wait...) Okay, here are my picks. (I better win; I'm gonna bet a steak and a margarita on it!)
PRO GAMES
New York Giants at New England Patriots(Thomas)
Cheryl- PATRIOTS
Gary- New England will down the Giants
PATRIOTS
Phats- This could be a good game, if I followed pro football better i'd know how the Giants are doing. I do know the Patriots lost last week, can't see them losing again in a close one
PATRIOTS 31 giants 17
FINAL SCORE GIANTS 24 pats 20
Cheryl- D'oh
Gary- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers(Rocket)
Cheryl- PITTSBURGH (but it will be close)
(What...no love for my Cowboys??!! I'm still ardently cheering them on, but I'm about to go from wearing my Romo jersey to wearing my old-school Aikman jersey during games. Maybe that will help!
Gary- I'll go with the Steelers over the Ravens.
STEELERS
Phats- Steelers are really starting to play good here lately, gotta go with Big Ben and the boys
STEELERS 31 ravens 24
FINAL SCORE RAVENS 23 steelers 20
Cheryl- D'oh
Gary- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
COLLEGE GAMES
Central Michigan Chippewas at Kent State Golden Flashes(DG)
Cheryl- KENT STATE (just because Coach Saban is a Golden Flash)
Gary- Kent State will Flash the Chippewas by a field goal
KENT STATE
Phats- CMU used to be a solid MAC team, not sure how they are doing this year. Kent State was in the Bottom 10 but got a nice win last week. I am going with the Chips in a close one
CENTRAL MICHIGAN 41 kent state 34
FINAL SCORE KENT STATE 24 cmu 21
Cheryl- WOOHOO
Gary- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh
Idaho Vandals(Shife) at San Jose State Spartans
Cheryl- IDAHO (their nickname is the best)
Gary- In a close one, and it could go either way.... San Jose State over Idaho.
SAN JOSE STATE
Phats- I have a good feeling about the Vandals I think they are going to be the start of Shife's good week(or weeks) if you didn't know he's about to be a dad again, so I am taking this time to say CONGRATS! I still like Phats for a boy. Anyway, the Vandals will VTFU and get the job done for the dad to be
IDAHO 49 san jose state 41
FINAL SCORE IDAHO 32 sjsu 29
Cheryl- WOOHOO
Gary- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Louisville Cardinals at West Virginia Mountaineers(Angel jr)
Cheryl- WEST VIRGINIA
Gary- Louisville Cardinals will lose to West Virginia
WEST VIRGINIA
Phats- WVU is the only team in the Big East worth a crap, and that's just because they are the best of the worst. They are probably smart bolting to the Big 12. Might be a good game for a half before the Eers pull away
WEST VIRGINIA 31 louisville 17
FINAL SCORE L'ville 38 wvu 35
Cheryl- D'oh
Gary- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
Missouri Tigers(Nutz, Delta) at Baylor Bears
Cheryl- BAYLOR (Cheryl trivia: Baylor was my first college choice but ended up going to Bama. And the rest is blessed history.)
Gary- Another Tiger for the SEC? Missouri beats Baylor by 10.
MISSOURI
Phats- Baylor will win this at home in an overtime thriller
BAYLOR 42 missouri 35 OT
FINAL SCORE BAYLOR 42 missouri 39
Cheryl- WOOHOO
Gary- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders at Tennessee Volunteers(Emily, Tiggy)
Cheryl- TENNESSEE
Gary- And while I said the Red Raiders would lose, I'll go ahead and say the Blue Raiders will too, Tennessee over Middle Tn State
TENNESSEE
Phats- I gave these to Gary in a different order, his explanation will make sense shortly haha. I'd like to see MTSU win here since we beat them but I doubt it, Vols roll
TENNESSEE 38 middle tennessee state 10
FINAL SCORE UT 24 mtsu 0
Cheryl- WOOHOO
Gary- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Boise State Broncos(Duck) at UNLV Rebels
Cheryl- BOISE STATE
Gary- Boise State will put a smack down on the Rebels... Looking at around 40
BOISE STATE
Phats- My national title contender keeps rolling with another BIG W
BOISE STATE 61 unlv 3
Northwestern Wildcats(Tena) at Nebraska Cornhuskers(Travis)
Cheryl- NEBRASKA
Gary- Nebraska will beat Northwestern by 2 touchdowns.
NEBRASKA
Phats- I am not impressed with NW, and unlike iu Nebraska plays defense this one will get ugly Huskers in a romp!
NEBRASKA 35 northwestern 10
FINAL SCORE NORTHWESTERN 28 nebraska 25
Cheryl- D'oh
Gary- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
Texas Tech Red Raiders(Jef, Fuzz) at Texas Longhorns(Gary, Cheryl)
Cheryl- TEXAS (but, I'm worried about this one!)
Gary- The Longhorns will beat the Red Raiders by a touchdown. Had to pick the Longhorns, C's already mad at me for saying Dallas Sucks...
TEXAS
Phats- Oh man did Texas Tech crash down to earth last week, and this week Texas will jump on em early and never look back, HOOK EM HORNS!
TEXAS 41 texas tech 24
FINAL SCORE Texas 52 tech 20
Cheryl- WOOHOO
Gary- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
BIG GAME OF THE WEEK(Kinda)
Kansas State Wildcats at Oklahoma State Cowboys
Cheryl- OKLAHOMA STATE (I do think they'll be beat somewhere along the way, but it will be against Okla)
Gary- Kansas state will lose to Oklahoma State (by 21points)
OKLAHOMA STATE
Phats- OK so the real game of the week is Bama/LSU but we're already picking that so this is like 1A and I think a pretty good one. I don't see OSU losing this year, could they slide into the national title picture??
OKLAHOMA STATE 49 kansas state 14
FINAL SCORE OSU 52 k-state 45
Cheryl- WOOHOO
Gary- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
LSU Tigers at Alabama Crimson Tide(Cheryl, Gary, Booya)
Cheryl- BAMA all the way! You know I would be a fool to pick against my beloved Crimson Tide. But,I do believe it is going to be a battle that may be decided by a big play or turnover. Can't wait to be inside Bryant-Denny to see it all go done. Roll Tide Roll!
Gary- LSU will Lose to Alabama (Roll TIDE! This is the ONLY REAL GAME THIS WEEK) (by a field goal)
ALABAMA
Phats- I read an article by Lou Holtz who said that in games of 1 vs 2 the road team is the favorite because of less distractions, and then I remembered I HATE Lou Holtz. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! Bama you're new #1 after this one
ALABAMA 35 lsu 28
FINAL SCORE LSU 9 bama 6 OT
Cheryl- D'oh
Gary- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
Purdue Boilermakers(Me) at Wisconsin Badgers
Cheryl- Boiler Up, baby!!! Even though Wisconsin is going to continue to be pissed off by the way they've lost some games they never should have lost, I've got your back Phats and I'm gonna predict a PURDUE win.
Gary- Purdue will lose to Wisconsin (3 touchdown dog - sorry Phats)
WISCONSIN
Phats- What you've all been waiting for will I pick the Boilers or the Badgers?! Sorry my homerism is in full effect, I think we'll lose and I think possibly by 2 TDs maybe more but the goal still remains take two of our last three and book our tickets to Detroit. For this one though I am keeping my streak alive and picking the Boilers!
PURDUE 7 wisconsin 0
FINAL SCORE WISCONSIN 62 Purdue 17 OUCH!
Cheryl- D'oh
Gary- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh
Extra Pick Purdue's men and women play basketball exhibitions Sunday
Women- Purdue vs Edinboro
Boilers dealt a huge blow when Senior Drey Mingo, yes the same one who almost died last year, tore her ACL. Still the preseason #16/21 in the polls should roll to a W.
Purdue 78-53
Men- Purdue vs Southern Indiana
Boilers opened their season the other night with a 32 pt win over a team that went on to beat last year's National Runner Up Butler. Robbie Hummel returned to a 18 pt 7rb performance in just 15 mins of play. Boilers should roll to another exhibition W
PURDUE 83 southern indiana 48
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!


5 Comments:
Hey buddy. If Idaho does VTFU, and I do have a boy, then Phats indeed will be a name in play for the youngest Shife. Good luck this weekend, and thank the fat bassets that college hoops is starting.
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Can't WAIT for the Alabama game :)
I like that Steelers pick but I'm a bit nervous.
Not looking like your pick is going to hold up, Phats. V/BTFU!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home