Wednesday, February 01, 2012

For Shife

So if you haven't been here in awhile I got lazy and couldn't think of anything to write about so I asked for suggestions and a few of you were nice enough to lend me some. I am going to do these 1 by 1 rather than clump them all into one big entry. I am starting with my good buddy Shife who is like part of the family now since we are blood brothers he will get that you all probably not. He not only gave me 1 topic but 3 and I think he was kidding or trying to get my goat with two but I am going to go ahead and write about them.

First topic is how much I love Indiana University, and let me tell you the answer to this one is easy, I DON'T! Incase you don't know iu is Purdue's hated, HATED rival and being a Boilermaker I hate them. I won't root for them in anything, even if it would help Purdue out in the long run. This is where Shife and I probably get along so well, since he roots for Idaho. Purdue is treated like a step child in the state of Indiana pretty much neglected and unloved. IU has been down right awful in basketball for year's and even I can admit our rivals to the south are doing better this year, well 4 of our 5 local news stations do special IU segments DAILY that feature them "being back" Now here's what's interesting for the last 3 years Purdue has had a top ten team, and never once had a special segment infact we were lucky sometimes if they even showed our highlights. I think what gets me most is to see sportscasters from those stations outwardly rooting for iu and cheering against Purdue on twitter. What's funny is after feasting on cupcakes in the non conference, and getting some very very lucky calls they are actually 2 games behind the Boilers in the Big Ten standings. So, yes they are back in the basement where they belong. Anyway, I believe Shife and I relate because they share a state with the media darling of college football Boise State so I am sure they get the shaft as well.

Topic 2, this is where Shife and I's friendship might get strained a little bit. He wants me to write about how much I am looking forward to the new major league soccer season starting. First thing I did was say huh there is a major league soccer season??? To answer his question I would have to say I am not. I hate soccer, it's got to be the lamest sport in the world, and lets be honest nobody in America cares about it. I would seriously rather sit and watch paint dry than be forced to watch soccer. Part of it is my father was a football coach for close to 30 years, and when I say football I mean the real kind :) not the pansy foot kind with a goalie. I was raised with the knowledge soccer is good for 1 thing and 1 thing only to give football teams a kicker to kick field goals and extra points. I will never be a soccer fan, I don't find any of it interesting, and anything that can end in a 0-0 tie should not be allowed to call itself a sport therefore I banish you soccer to hobby status!

Finally the best topic where I try to get Shife back on my side, talking about how he and I will be the next Amazing Race winners! First off we would be team B/VTFU for sure and have to get matching shirts. Second off and I hope you're ok with this but you'd have to be the driver because I can't drive a stick, hopefully I can get better at directions haha. I'd be worried to run the race with a blogger not because I am so picky about my private life and what not, but because I don't think i'd want them to see my obnoxious side come out. I am sure that i'd be the jerk, and shife would be the hero of our team. My problem is I am way too competitive, family and friends will tell you at game nights elbows might get thrown. So, I can just see myself screaming at shife if he struggles with something, or if I am struggling I am sure it would get ugly. But, I am an athlete, a competitor what can I say. So after all that, if Shife still wants to go for it I say lets do it!! haha. By the way the new Amazing Race starts Feb 19th and it's going to be EPIC with Rachel and Brendon from Amazing Race on it. I can't wait love that show.

All I got, I will tackle Travis' ideas in my next blog

4 Comments:

At 10:57 AM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Hello blood brother. I feel so honored and special that you wrote this blog post. I did not get to read the whole thing as I suffered hysterical blindness when I got to the paragraph about soccer. One day you will come around, my friend. The Amazing Race will be EPIC especially when we are on it. I am not worried about you screaming at me because I will not struggle with anything.=) And suck it IU; Go Boilers!!!!
V/BTFU.

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Thomas said...

I haven't watched "Big Brother" in ten years, so am not sure who Rachel and Brandon are, but am looking forward to getting to know them.

I can understand your frustration with Football (soccer). There just doesn't seem to be as much strategy at work as in the American version.

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Great post - and funny how I feel like I "know" both of you pretty well after visiting each others' blogs for nearly 7 years now.

Soccer is also good for scouting potential tennis talent. I had two or three great players play soccer too. They could run all day.

But I can't watch it. It's soooo boring. Maybe they should make the field half the size, and then maybe give the players rattan sticks to bash each other with - then I'd watch!

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

You had better hope no soccer moms follow your blog!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home