My Purdue season tickets came in the mail!!!
Well, vacation is over and it's back to work this week BOO! The only nice thing about returning from vacation was going to the mailbox and finding our Purdue season tickets HELL YA BABY!!!
This past week my whole family pretty much went on a vacation together while at times a zoo it was definitely a good time, and just great to get away. So, my mom, sister, brother in law, their three kids(ages twins 6 youngest 4), brother in laws parents, and of course Kris and I took off for the great state of Ohio for a getaway. We went to Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island. For those not familiar with these places Great Wolf is a huge hotel that has an even bigger indoor water park which my nephews absolutely LOVE, the perk for me is it's right next door to Kings Island a fun amusement park! The day we got there was devoted to the water park, it was fun but I am just not that big of a water park person, and without this sounding too mean water parks seem to attract heavy people who wear swimsuits that don't fit YEOW! They have some cool slides, including my nephews favorite the toilet bowl, as well as a neat water coaster, but I tell ya the water was FREEZING! The plan the second day was for me to stay at the water park til about 5ish and then head over to the amusement park for the day but it wasn't looking promising as it was thunderstorming most the day and of course they shut down the rides. If any of you live in Kentucky it was the day the University of Louisville was under water! Anywho I kept checking and around 6 the storm passed the rides were running so we(kris and I) booked it to Kings Island to get some rides in, and it worked out perfect. Since the rides had been closed since noon there were NO lines!! It was awesome! They have a new roller coaster that's like 270 feet called Diamondback we got to ride that 5 times! We could have ridden more but we wanted to get on some other rides as well. If you ever go to Kings Island in Mason OH, make sure you ride the Beast at night there is absolutely nothing like it! In all we rode all the major coasters as well as some fun spinning rides, and ended the night on the tallest free fall ride in the world it was a great night. The vacation ended with all of us going to Kings Island for the last day, it was fun my brother in law actually lost his flip flop on Diamondback! How crazy he held it on for the whole 3 minute ride and we were waiting to pull in the station and he was wiggling his foot and off it went, so he had to buy new ones HA too funny. We ended the trip with me taking my nephew on the octopus 4 times in a row, talk about dizzy!
It was nice to get home and go to the mailbox and find my Purdue tickets had come!! I am getting excited, and we aren't even suppose to be good! I like pro sports, but to me there is NOTHING that compares to the atmosphere you get at college sporting events, to me nothing is better than the college game. How are your teams suppose to be? I see Florida and Texas a re 1 and 2 in the opening poll to that I say YAWN doubt either will stay there.
Well, that's all I have hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer!
Phats


17 Comments:
I'm ready for the season.
I will leave the theme park rides all to you! I'd be beyond dizzy. I'd be throwing up! Sorry you had to see such unattractive poolside views. LOL. I think some of those people were later shopping in our wal-mart. Trust me, they didn't look any better in shorts and a t shirt!
Hello Phats! It's the long lost Egg here. Not sure if you remember me! I disappeared from my blog for ages, and just put it back up yesterday! Trying to catch up with all of my fav blogs here. Sounds like you're having a great summer!
Mid October is when you need to start watching polls.
Phats, since you discovered your tickets on my birthday....
....can I have them????
;-)
Man, KI ROCKS!!! I haven't been there in years! I think the last time was my soph year of college when the gals and I took a road trip there. It was great!
Glad to hear you and your family could have some fun while you were there. Is the Beach still in business? I just found my plastic mug thing I got there about 18 years ago. Wonder if they'd still give me free refills?
HA ha! I LOVE your ho-hum attitude about #1 and #2. I think Florida's gonna be awesome again, but I think their awesomeness will get them in trouble somewhere down the line and they will get beat. I'm thinking LSU in Baton Rouge. We're ranked #5, which makes me very nervous...we still have a lot of "what ifs" in several major areas. But, our defense should be awesome!!
What is your prediction for Purdue this year? You think you'll have a good year?
I thought of you this weekend.... I baked so many sweets and was thinking how you needed to be there to eat some of them. LOL
Boiler UP!
ROLL TIDE!!!
HA ha! I LOVE your ho-hum attitude about #1 and #2. I think Florida's gonna be awesome again, but I think their awesomeness will get them in trouble somewhere down the line and they will get beat. I'm thinking LSU in Baton Rouge. We're ranked #5, which makes me very nervous...we still have a lot of "what ifs" in several major areas. But, our defense should be awesome!!
What is your prediction for Purdue this year? You think you'll have a good year?
I thought of you this weekend.... I baked so many sweets and was thinking how you needed to be there to eat some of them. LOL
Boiler UP!
ROLL TIDE!!!
Sorry...don't know why mine posted twice. You can delete one of them. :-)
Travis- I can't wait!
Bekah- We should go to your wal-mart during game night! haha
Egg- Welcome Back!!!
Knot- I agree
TSofah- Nope! not a chance :) you a football fan?
DG- You should have met us there it was a BLAST! Diamondback is great
Cheryl- I do like Tebow, I think he's a great role model. I like Bama but they won't sneak up on people like last year. I will have a post about the Boilers here soon don't you worry :)
Cheryl- I'll keep it haha
Sounds like a nice way to wrap up your summer Phats. Looking forward to college football. Hopefully my enthusiasm will last more than two weeks. And yes you can count on me to be a guest picker.
Phats-
I LOVE football. Can you say MIZZOU????
Also a fan of Illini, KC Chiefs, and STL Rams
Good job on the season tickets. I'm going to start watching the WT (West TExas A&M) Buffalos in the Fall. Find the Buff in you! hehehe :)
Phats:
On my blog you said:
"Ahh! I love talking to other football fans, I am going to have to add your team to my picks I do on the blog, who is your #1 team though Mizzou or Illinois? Talk about weird 2 heated rivals! You should be a guest picker this year too "
Well, Phats, it's hard to choose between the Illini and Mizzou. Both have positives and negatives in their players, their strengths and weaknesses. I will say this, Mizzou's new coach last year really showed some talent!
I'll have to wait until I see the new teams in action and then I'll be able to pick. Wait until after first games.
I'm still waiting on my tickets. They should be here any day now!
Sounds like you had a fun-packed summer. I've always wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge...my kids would love it.
Ready for some US Open action? Should be a good one - so many guys can challenge Federer, but I think he's still the favorite.
Hi! I too have been sort of MIA. I finally breathed some life into my blog today. Thanks for coming back and letting me know when you do. It's football time in the household and DDTF is a happy man. Ross is now showing keen interest as well. Me, goy my eye on the party. Enjoy! xxx
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home