Spring Break and the Final Four
CONGRATS TO BEKAH THE WINNER OF THE THIRD ANNUAL PHATS BRACKET CONTEST WITH A TOTAL OF 21 POINTS! WAY TO GO MISS BEKAH!
First off it's time to wrap up the third annual Phats Bracket Challenge, as the region winners all come together now to compete by picking the final four. I have to say first off a big thank you again to everyone who participated! Also, Topolk is going to be representing the South Region instead of Shife, obviously Shife has more important things going on, like a new baby boy!! Congrats Shife Family on your new addition to your family. Before we get to the picks, here are the final standings from the 2009 tournament challenge. Thanks again to all who participated, and just remember college football is only a few months away!
NON SPORTS STUFF DOWN BELOW
EAST
1- TIGGYSMUM 20 pts
2- CHERYL 16 pts
3- GARY 15 pts
4- TINA 11 pts
Phats- 24 pts
MIDWEST
1- BEKAH 32 pts
2- NUTZ 22 pts
3- TENA 20 pts
Phats- 21 pts
SOUTH
1- Shife 27 pts
2- TOPOLK 22 pts
3- TRAVIS 21 pts
4- DESIGN GODDESS 3 pts
Phats- 31 pts
WEST
1- KNOT 21 pts
2- BOOYA 15 pts
3- FUZZ 14 pts
4- DUCK 12 pts
Phats- 20 pts
The Final Four Picks(Shife if you wanna pick and can get them to me before the games let me know)
TOPOLK'S PICKS
MICHIGAN STATE over Connecticut CORRECT MSU 82 uconn 73
VILLANOVA over North Carolina INCORRECT UNC 83 nova 69
MICHIGAN STATE 77 villanova 68 INCORRECT UNC 89 msu 72
TIGGYSMUMS' PICKS
CONNECTICUT over Michigan State INCORRECT MSU 82 uconn 73
VILLANOVA over North Carolina INCORRECT UNC 83 nova 69
CONNECTICUT 127 villanova 118 INCORRECT CONNECTICUT OUT
KNOT'S PICKS
CONNECTICUT over Michigan State INCORRECT MSU 82 uconn 73
VILLANOVA over North Carolina INCORRECT UNC 83 nova 69
CONNECTICUT 76 villanova 68 INCORRECT CONNECTICUT OUT
BEKAH'S PICKS
CONNECTICUT over Michigan State INCORRECT MSU 82 uconn 73
NORTH CAROLINA over Villanova CORRECT UNC 83 nova 69
NORTH CAROLINA 84 connecticut 78 CORRECT UNC 83 nova 69
Well, as of today Phats is officially on SPRING BREAK!!! I am very happy that I will have a week to do absolutely nothing, ok so maybe not nothing. I am still working both Monday and Tuesday at my second job, and the rest of the week my relatives from Georgia will be in town so I will be spending time with them. On Friday, my nephews are having a birthday party they're turning 6! It's crazy how old, and big they are getting. Other than that, I plan on reading a lot, sleeping alot, and watching alot of TV! When the week is over I have a lot to do, as girls varsity tennis has started. So, get this I put a line up together which is a miracle for me considering I did it before break, and one girl is bitching even though she made varsity. She was nowhere near varsity last year, I thought she'd be really happy, boy was I wrong. Oh well one in every bunch.
I am really digging this season of American Idol, I think the talent is amazing we are down to the top 8, and they are all pretty damn good. So far my favorites and who this is who I have been voting for, are Kris Allen, Allison, and Danny Gokey. I think it's going to be a showdown in the end between Danny and Adam. I am not a fan of Adam's, he kind of scares me a bit, and I feel like he's screaming at me. I am sure it's like Simon has told him before some people will love you, some will hate you, count me in the latter. I can't believe Allison is only 16, she has some pipes on her for that young! I am not as interested in dancing with the stars this season, possibly because most of these "stars" are either boring or I just don't like them. I root for Shawn Johnson, and I have liked Ty Murray lately he's funny, but I really could care less about the rest of them. What are you guys watching anything good? Anything I am missing out on? By the way does anyone watch One Tree Hill? Kristen and I were watching it the other night and this dude is waiting for a heart for a transplant, and the transplant team comes running in trips and drops the heart out of the box, no it doesn't end there! A dog, because there is always a slew of dogs in hospitals, comes in and EATS THE HEART! I was like WTF!? Now, that's pretty out there, even for a night time soap opera.
Alright everyone have a great week, I will sleeping in WOOHOO!
Phats


11 Comments:
My favorite show is "48 Hours Mystery", which airs every Saturday night on CBS. I love murder mysteries, and this show covers one every week. But unlike "America's Most Wanted" and other shows with reinactments, this one has no reinactments-- it's all real. Using archive footage, "48 Hours Mystery" takes you from the scene of the crime to the trial. And it's loaded with twists!
Oh how I miss spring break! :(
Sooooo....I guess this means I'm NOT going to win the bracket challenge???
Digging Danny Gokey!! I don't know, I'm on the fence about Kris Allen. Not so sure I'm digging his scene just yet.
I'm with you. Adam definitely scares me. I feel like he's screeching, only he's doing it on pitch so it doesn't sound bad.
grr i lost again :( do i get anything for being a consecutive loser? :) hehe hope your Spring Break is rawkin! :P
Whoa. Tiggysmum was not being conservative at all with the points there.
Allison is awesome, especially for a 16 year-old. It's like she was born singing. Adam creeps me out. He's SO aware of himself. He might be the most talented singer/performer in the bunch but EEW. I'm glad Miss Tatts bit the dust. Do you think Simon was just a little pissed at her "I don't care what the judges think" blunder. Great career move.
Sports: Now you know better than to ask me.
EEEEEEEE!!! Yay!!! :)
I am in total agreement with your Idol faves. This is a really good season! I'm glad I caved to peer pressure and am watching it.
Hey Phats! Thank you so much for the kind words at my place.
Happy Easter!
xo
Lee Ann
OK, so now it's NHL playoffs :)
My Pens won their first game of their first round last night YES!
And Phats, I have a new puppy! Her pic is on my site. Shelby is cute!
Yeah, so I really sucked with my NCAA picks this year. But, still, it was a fun tourney nonetheless (but I will win it next year!! LOL)
Of course, now we're talking about football down here. Tomorrow is our A-Day game. (Roll Tide!)
Alison is my fave on AI; Gary likes Danny, but something about him just bugs me (he sounds like he's straining too often). And Kris is definitely growing on me. And I like Adam too...he's sorta dreamy.
Hope you've had a great Spring Break!!
So your spring break week is over... you must be hectically involved in your tennis by now?
Ciao
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home