Hey remember me??
First off I am not even going to apologize this time, I am just going to admit it: I SUCK AT BLOGGING! I hate using the same old story but I am so busy right now that I barely have time to breathe let alone blog, and when I have free time it's not spent blogging. I think though you should look at it this way, you're going to get one big update in this post and it won't be all about sports.
First item of business a BIG CONGRATS to Bekah for winning the third annual Phats Bracket Contest, it came down to the championship game she had North Carolina, and Topolk had Michigan State, the Heels won it all, and so did Bekah. Wrapping up the tournament for my Boilers, i'd definitely say it was a success for sure. The men bowed out in the Sweet 16 to the University of Connecticut. It was a game that didn't start well, and we never quite caught up. Watch out though as we return virtually everyone, including our entire starting 5, and top 2 off the bench, and bring in a pretty good recruiting class as well. I know Coach Painter would like to take the next step of Final Four, so we'll see. As for the women, they did what the Purdue women always do, make a deep run again. They were the 6th seed and lost in the Elite 8 to Oklahoma and the Paris' sisters. It stings to lose one game away from the mecca of college sports, but it's a good lesson for the underclassmen. The women's tournament is unique in that you can play on your home floor for rounds 1 and 2, and sometimes a higher seed gets to host, we were fortunate to be sent to a neutral site for those rounds, but playing in Oklahoma in Oklahoma City in front of 13,000 fans(Including Toby Keith, and Bob Stoops) was a little daunting. Both Boilers team will look to reload and go for it once again next year. Won't be long and college football will be firing up!
As I said before I am right in the middle of girls varsity tennis season, and so far it's been frustrating, because of the weather! We have played 2 matches and we are currently 2-0, but we have had 3 matches either postponed or cancelled. Wednesday is actually looking like we might get to play, and then Saturday we're heading on a mini bus for a two hour trip to play an invite and it's suppose to be near 90. It will be interesting to see how the girls react to the heat for the first time this year. Wish us luck!
American Idol tonight was REALLY good. I agree with Randy this might be one of the most talented top 7 in Idol history. That being said there were only 2 real clunkers, and one bad performance in my opinion. First off poor Lil just can't catch a break from the judges, and when they gave her bad feedback tonight I swear she looked like she might shoot daggers through them. Anoopdawg was AWFUL tonight, sorry and then got good feed back from 3 of the judges I was shocked, then Simon set it straight and said he was terrible. Matt, just wasn't feeling him tonight, he wasn't as bad as the other two. Finally my hope for a final four showdown, Allison, Kris, Danny, and Adam were all amazing tonight. First off I don't like Adam, but the kid has presence and can sing his ass off. Kris and Allison are my favorites for sure, but don't see them both in the final, and then there's Gokey, he's good at times but annoying at times, and his face is funny looking ha! My prediction is Lil and Anoop go home tomorrow, we'll see.
So, I am trying out twitter, and I am not sure why really. I don't see the fascination with it? But my buddy Duck is on there, and so is Travis, Tina and Topolk so I joined I guess I caved to peer pressure. If you're on there and want to follow me, or want me to follow you let me know. Not sure how long I will stay on it, I will say I have actually updated, but I still don't get why people are so engrossed in it, I think it's a fad that will eventually fade.
Not much else going on really, school is winding down, and we're planning all our summer trips. I love roller coasters and Kings Island has a new one this year that looks incredibly, so we'll definitely hit KI once this summer. I plan on doing some reading, I am stoked to get the 8th book in the murder club series by James Patterson, if you're looking for something good to read I suggest that series it's awesome, I couldn't put it down. I was so excited the other day while cleaning I found a gift card to Books-A-Million, and it has no expiration date. I believe it's from Christmas time. Makes cleaning more rewarding when you find something like that.
Hope it was worth the wait, my life is just not that exciting.
Have a great Hump Day
Phats


11 Comments:
Phats:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who isn't crazy about Adam. I think it's his high pitched voice that makes him appear to sing well. I wanna hear him sing something in the baritone range! After while all the high pitch squelching becomes quite irritating. And I don't think he'll sell records. He'll just be another Blake Lewis. And another AI failure.
Allison is fantastic! Kris was way cool! Danny was a close third and I think even Matt beat Adam.
well look who's back!!!! welcome! And I even made the post! It is my lucky day again. :)
Are you enjoying the archuleta song that's playing now?? I'm not sure what I'm going to do if it's ALlison that goes home over Anoop....
Congrats go out to Bekah from TOPolk as well.
My sis is reading those James Patterson books...more power to ya'll. They're too big for my liking. And the covers are horrendous.
Twitter is the new AIM.
LOL You're so funny....your life is NOT boring!
I would be SO excited also about finding a Booksa Million card! Gary and I have been reading like crazy lately, and I'm buying way too many books these days (well, I'm not really sure you can buy too many books...)
Can't believe Summer's just around the corner, can you?
Oh MY! I forgot to congratulate Bekah. ol' buddy, ol' al! ...well,
CONGRATS BEKAH!!!!!
(forgive me????) :-D
I suck at blogging too. This must be the week to get back on the wagon. And I am still not caving in to the pressure of Twittering because it just seems stupid to me.
Good luck to your tennis team, Phats.
How do you have time to twitter if you don't have time to blog????
:)
This comment has been removed by the author.
It's good 2 stay busy! I haven't checked out twitter yet, It seems silly to me. I'm glad you stopped by, it has been a long time! I am just seeing how long I can keep this up also! I have alot of sites posted, but the one I mainly keep up is "This S#%t drives me Crazy"
wackocrazy.blogspot.com
(just incase you forgot) ...If you have a free moment, stop by there this weekend, the post is very funny!
I don't get what Twitter is or does.
I love Danny Gokey and Alison. I'm a fan of Kris, but I'm not really sure how original he is. I do like Adam and becoming a fan of his...you are right he does have stage presence and can sing.
haha me too. I suck at blogging lately...when in the hell did life get so busy, eh? ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home