A crazy thing happened on the way to the Semi's
Just a quick post here, I am going to post my field of 65 Sunday before the actual field is announced. Those non sports fans scroll down for American Idol, Big Brother, and more.
First off what a crazy night in the Georgia Dome at the SEC Tournament. Mississippi State and Alabama in the middle of an intense overtime game have to be delayed for a tornado warning! I saw that crawl go by on ESPN and did a double take. How freaking scary would that be to see the scaffolding from the ceiling swinging back and forth, and debris following from the dome's top. GEESH! Thankfully they got the game in and it appears everyone at the game was safe. Now they are talking about making UK/UGA play tomorrow morning then play again later, that's unfair but they have to get it in before selection sunday. My opinion if UGA loses it doesn't matter the rest of the teams left are in, crown UT the champ. The SEC is REALLY bad this year in basketball none of them are going to do much in the tournament besides UT.
So, the Boilers bowed out of the Big Ten Tournament tonight losing to #10 seed Illinois. Usually I am pissed over losses, not as mad at this one. Here's why. Conference tournaments are for the fans, and teams that are desperate to make the tournament. I love these tournaments, but don't put much stock into them for the teams already in. Thank god we're not on the bubble this year, and this loss really doesn't mean much. Instead of playing two or one more day, we are going to be able to rest 3 of our starters who are banged up now. Hats off to Illinois for the win, I like Coach Weber and hopes he wins the thing now. The travel call with 30 secs to go and us up three was our undoing, he might have done it but the no call then on the other end was killer.
The really funny story is IU lost as well! Conseco Fieldhouse in Indy, Purdue and IU playing back to back full to capacity and both flame out. An interesting tidbit Purdue has NEVER won a game in Conseco in the Big Ten Tournament. Anyway, what's funny is the local media here has done nothing but talk about the semi final showdown between Purdue and IU, not once mentioning they would have to win their Quarterfinal game first. So, no game tomorrow or Sunday, we'll find out where we are headed Sunday.
Idol, I believe the fans got it right voting of David Hernandez. My choices for the bottom 2 were he and Kristy Lee Cook. They were both awful, although what she did was not only awful but comical I was laughing my ass off watching her try to keep up with the band. I think she'll go this week. I don't really believe his(david's) being outted as a gay male stripper hurt him as much as his song choice.
Big Brother- For you Cara! I am a big fan of Big Brother, but I am having trouble getting into this season. I think I need it to stay on just in the summer when I can actually spend time getting into it. They really turned me off when they did couples. Thankfully they are playing as singles now. I like Chelsia I think she's cute, and is playing pretty smart. I loved that James got to come back and play, and hopefully won't get voted off immediately. I think Natalie and Matt are the most annoying and I am ready for BOTH together, how about a double eviction?? I still swear I could win this game easily if I could just get cast, SIGN ME UP!
Finally- I am a varsity tennis coach and our season is in full swing now. We just finished our first week of practice and I am happy to report the weather has cooperated with us and let us be outside. The first day we were out there with gloves, hats, and jackets, but lately it's been awesome outside! Our first match is on April Fools Day, wish us luck :)
Have a great weekend
Phats
PS If you are wanting to be a part of the bracket contest I will be getting ahold of all the contestants Sunday night! Make sure I have your email. You can email me at
phats_blog_email@yahoo.com


7 Comments:
Is that Jose Conseco field house? Like where all the women have boob jobs and all the men are on roids?
~Jef
Good luck on your first match. Let us know how it goes!
Yes, I agree with David H being booted off from Idol, although I thought the banjo tooting remake chick should have gone first. That was awful, just plain awful.
HOW BOUT DEM TIGERS!!!!
Man as a football school, we're not used to this being excited in March thing, but we'll take it.
C-L-E-M-S-O-N!!!
OK, I joined a College Basketball Tournament Pick Em on Yahoo! with my husband and his friends. I don't follow basketball in any form, but... uh... without football I need something to get excited about so why not this? I'm hoping for some beginner's luck.
American Idol-
I'm glad David H. is gone... he was forgettable. And hahaha @ Kristy Lee Cook. You know you suck when even Paula can't say anything nice about you.
I agree with mp3 this post is likeable.
Edge- Yes, that's exactly what it is named for. YOu feeling the pressure of being the repeat bracket champ??
Angel- I am excited for our first match will definitely let you know. I think Kristy Lee is next
Top- I remember clemson having some good basketball teams back in the 90's. Got the email btw you're in for sure
Jillian- Good luck with your pool, I am sure you'll do great. Do you like college football?
Shife- ha thanks Shife you da man
I'm not much for college football. I only root for USC because the H LOVES them, and of course I've been trained to attack any and all UCLA fans.
It's just pro-football for me and a casual dip into baseball. And thanks for the luck, I'll need it!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home