It's March, let the MADNESS begin
Welcome to my favorite time of the year, March Madness! Anyone will tell you this is possibly the greatest time of the year for a college hoops junky, and those who know me know I am just that. It's even more fun when my Boilers are playing so well. Currently 23-6, 14-2 in the Big Ten and tied with Wisconsin for first. March Madness will go into full swing this week with the start of Championship Week and will run for 2 weeks leading up to the NCAA Tournament selection show. That will be followed by what I think is the best sporting event in the world the 1st and 2nd rounds of the NCAA Tournament. It's wild, there are games that end within seconds of each other on last second shots, shocking upsets and more. So, Phats will be in heaven here for the next few weeks, and lets just say Purdue has made it a lot easier on my nerves this year by securing a tournament bid and not having to sweat out the bubble! Here is a quick preview of some of what I am looking forward to.
Purdue has 2 games left and it's quite simple win both and the worst you do is share the big ten title. Easier said than done considering the games are At Ohio State, and At Michigan. OSU is fighting for their NCAA tournament lives, and right now are on the outside looking in. UM has struggled, but you never know what Wolverine team will show up. Incase of a shared title we would get the 1 seed in the Big Ten Tournament. A loss would drop us to the 3 seed. I want the one seed, sure it means the title but it also means Wisky and IU having to play each other in the semi's. Our women are probably going to see their NCAA streak snapped unless they win their tournament. They are the only team in the Big Ten to NEVER have to play on Thursday's opening round. This will be the 14th Big Ten Tournament and my Boilers have won 7 of them including last year's. They are the three seed and will play the winner of IU/Northwestern on Friday. Need a miracle, but should at least make the WNIT which after all this team has been through would be a nice reward.
Who will be cinderella? I have always loved watching the smaller conference tournaments ever since I can remember. For them it's one and done they HAVE to win their conference or they won't get the NCAA invite, which can make for some exciting tournaments. Some of the smaller conferences to watch the Horizon League featuring Nationally Ranked and from Indianapolis the Butler Bulldogs. They will get in win or lose though so I guess that was a bad example haha. A better one might be Tina's VCU Rams. They pretty much have to win the CAA to get the invite, I like their chances, and hope my Boilers don't have to play them in the NCAA's. Some of the others to watch the MAAC not to be confused with the MAC, the MVC which features the nation's Cinderella in Drake, and WCC with powerhouse Gonzaga trying to hold off St Mary's. Any conference that has the Jenny Craig Center as the name of a gym is aces with me.
So there you have it a short rundown about the upcoming madness. I am going to be doing my second annual Phats Bracket Challenge, I will be asking several of you to participate, maybe I can even talk my new friend Topolk into joining the fun. Big win for Clemson tonight by the way, saw the clutch shot made to win it niiiice!
Let the madness begin!
Phats


12 Comments:
Oh yeah man, I'm in. GO TIGERS!
Hope you guys do well in the Big10 Tourny. Meanwhile, we're just ecstatic to not have to play the play in game like we ALWAYS do. ACC #3 seed baby!
bleh March Madness lol P.S. I want the Oregon game or I'll be a baby and whine the entire football season for not getting it. =)
bleh March Madness is right. Dick Vitale is only second on my annoying list right after Chris Berman. What a bunch of hype.
Let's see if I can run your tournament again this year.
So does that mean you watch the Red River Valley Conference with TWU?
Metro Poser!
~Jef
hi phats
Wait..i thought college FOOTBALL was the best time of the year???
How can this be???
LOL, Basketball is my second least liked sports...after golf UGH!
let the madness begin indeed- i love reading your sports posts, you always sound so happy!
damien says howzit!
Top- I think Clemson is Definitely a lock! Please beat Duke if you play them
Indy- I will take that into consideration haha, you might have to ask Luke and Larry
Edge- Uhh you got lucky last year haha. Lets see if you can repeat
Cher- What up Cher
Dabich- College football is a CLOSE second for me, but there is nothing like March Madness. Golf I am with ya there.
Angel- Hell ya! Thanks at least someone likes them haha
I am down with the Madness so send me an invite. I love this time of the year as well. And Duke will be going down this Saturday to my Heels.
You don't have to convince me....
You know that
I LOVE MARCH MADNESS!!!!!!!!!
College football is my favorite sport, but the NCAA basketball tournament is the BEST sports in a short amount of time. I LOVE it!!!!!!
Put me in your bracket pics. I did great last year. Maybe this year I can do it too (even without Bama nowhere near the place!!)
Shife- Sweet I already had you I wasn't going to give you a choice haha!
Cheryl- Like Shife I had you already down for it. haha. If the Boilers go to Bham you have to adopt them as your team
I guess I'll do your little bracket thing again....although I sure hate to show everyone up again! :D
Yes, we kicked azz again today - another CAA final game on Sunday - Goooo RAMS! tks for the comment :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home