Hey..... remember me?
So, I guess I haven't blogged in awhile eh? Thanks for those of you coming by and still leaving comments. I wish I had some wild and crazy story to tell about my absence, but really it comes down to one word, BUSY. I have been so busy lately and it sucks, and even more it hasn't given me a damn good thing to write about. So, those of you who know me know I can't turn down money, and when the tennis center I work at during nights asked me to start teaching some more classes I jumped on the chance. The extra cash is nice howver I am physically, and mentally exhausted and nursing a cold :( I thought i'd do a quick update for you all, it's going to be a mix of stuff that has been happening lately.
For starters, don't look now but the "Baby Boilers" are in first place in the Big Ten Conference!! They won again tonight bringing their record to 18-5(9-1). We finally cracked the AP poll this week as well at #24 and celebrated that by defeating Penn State tonight. This is amazing, mostly because it's a year early. We primarily lean on 4 freshmen, and 2 sophomores, and it hasn't been uncommon to see 4 frosh and 1 soph during crunch time. I think barring a major collapse we should be safely in the NCAA tournament especially seeing as how we have Northwestern twice, at Michigan, and Minnesota at home still play. Those won't be gimmes, but they won't be has hard as some games either. This past Saturday we defeated Illinois when our Frosh E'Twaun "Smooge" Moore when off for 24 points, he scored 20 of those from the 11:53 mark on in the second half. It was our third straight road win, and we have now won 7 straight and 11 out of our last 12! The biggest though was the win over #11(now #8) Wisconsin 60-56. I was at that game, and nearly lost my voice. I have to tell you it brought back so many memories Mackey Arena was ROCKING and the Paint Crew was outstanding, Mackey is returning to be a nightmare for opposing teams to play that's for sure. Boiler Basketball is exciting again baby, and I love it!
Ironically enough our women are also in first in the Big Ten right now, and this usually wouldn't be surprising except what they have been thru. First we graduated an All American in Katie Gearlds, and our 3rd leading scorer and leading rebounder in Erin Lawless, then this summer our projected All American Lindsey Wysdom-Hilton tears her ACL, follow that up with our best three point shooter Jodi Howell having to have surgery on her shoulder and miss the entire season and that is 4 starters we are having to replace. The only returning starter is 5 ft 3 point guard who never needed to score last season. We are playing women who were brought in more as role players, but some of them sure are stepping up that is for sure. We sure did struggle early playing the nation's 2nd toughest non conference schedule, but believe it or not that has helped them in the big ten. We still have a shot at the big dance, but will have to win some more games. Have I mentioned it's great being a Boiler right now?!
Crazy weather. Indiana is known for crazy weather but this has just been insane. About a week ago at 8pm there were tornado warnings, 9 pm we had snow. In the span of 1 hr it turned from a 60 degree January day to snow and sleet. Today it was 50's and now we have all sorts of storm warnings, and tonight they are expecting one inch of snow. Today and yesterday we had some of the worst fog I have ever seen, we were at the tennis center last night and couldn't see our cars in the parking lot out the door. This is just nuts. I can't wait til spring!
Who is watching American Idol? Still love it, but could do with less of the early round auditions that is for sure. I am ready for Hollywood week, and when we finally get to vote. Not sure I have a favorite yet, it seems to be the year of the blonde girls though. The guy who sang "Go down Moses" was absolutely hysterical, I was literally laughing my ass off.
Alright there is your update. I hope my lack of comments on your blog won't stop some of you from wanting to participate in my next contest the NCAA bracket challenge! I will be calling on some of you. :)
Have a great hump day
Phats


16 Comments:
Hi Phats! Sounds like a good time to be in Boiler land for sure. Your teams are doing great!
My Pens are struggling, but they're hanging in the playoff race without their leading scorer, Sidney Crosby. Hope they hang in there till he can get back from his high ankel sprain.
Everyone and their grandmother has a cold. I'm getting over one as well. Winter sucks. Have I said that lately?
Hang in there!
HEY YOU!!!!!!
I am definitely cheering for Purdue basketball these days. I have caught a couple of their games on ESPN and will make them a favorite for the NCAA tournament (since my Crimson Tide has had just an AWFUL time in SEC play; we should be doing much better--have two or three really good players--but can't close the games for some reason. Very frustrating!). So...I need a team to cheer for in the tourney. So...Boiler Up!
And, please let me participate in the brackets contest. I know that you probably don't want me after I abandoned the bowl picks (remember, though, my computer was weasling out on me!). I LOVE March Madness, so will be VERY excited about that!
Today is Natl Signing Day and we are waiting on some big names. So I will be keeping up with that today (Bama may end up having the #1 class). Woo hoo!
Weather is weird down here. Freezing cold last week, almost like Summer yesterday, today tornado watches. Gotta love the South!
I don't watch AI until it gets down to 12. The girls, though, love the auditions!
Well I am glad to hear everything is OK with my favorite Boiler. Recharge the batteries and nice to see your hoops teams doing well. My Heels are going to need all the help they can get tonight against Duke. I am not optimistic since our stud point guard is going to be out.
I'm glad that you are back...even if it was just for one post. Nurse that cold--I hate coughing, congestion and runny noses.
I'm watching Idol too, but not enjoying the audtions. I can't wait till Hollywood week starts either.
Hey!!! I was surprised when I saw your comment on my blog... especially no more time than I've spent on it lately... Kinda like you!
Glad your back!
Hey Hey Hiya Phats! I was soo happy to see ya leave me a comment. I am glad to be back in blogland.
I am happy to see they are heading to Hollywood next week. My favorite thing about the auditions was the girl who made it through and was going down the steps saying she was going to be the next America's top model.
I just read your Christmas list. Did you get what you wanted for Christmas? The Simpson movie was one of the movies I bought the kids for Christmas. It was the first one they watched. I have also heard/seen it at-least 10 times since. :)
Hope you get over your cold soon Phats!
Try not to work too hard.
Yeah! I've taken time off too for a while.. no need to offer reasons, sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do, you know!
American Idol: I think it's going to be pretty good -- loved the Rockin' nurse, and did you see the girl that fell? I literally was on the floor laughing so hard I about peed my pantz!
Happy February!
Go Down Moses guy was HYSTERICAL. I laughed as hard at the repeat clip of it this week as I did when the original audition aired. I can't wait to see the changes on Hollywood week.
It's good to see you back in the posting world. I've been checking a few times a week!
hey man :) glad to see ya back! Yea, I'm still watchin Idol on and off - I agree the beginning is just horrible.
Try Richmond weather...80 degrees on Feb 5 and today its 49 - bah! ;)
I'll be bloggin again this weekend too!
phatty mcphats!! hi!!
Tomorrow night is the moment of truth. Good luck against the Spartans!!
-- david
Good see you back. I have been out and about too.
Hope you get to feeling better!
Melanie
No worries about the Heels Phats. I figured you were not talking to me anyway after I sent you that Barack email.
Nice win by your Boilers over Wisconsin.
Hope you've recovered from your cold! I finished the antibiotic therapy a couple of days ago. It was the only thing that worked. The brandy was helpful, but alas I needed a powerful drug to kill the cold:) It was a good excuse to drink..LOL! Have a good week!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home