Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bracket Contest Updated Standings, and look back

Like all good things, the Purdue basketball season for 08 came to an end Saturday with a loss to the 3 seeded Xavier Muskateers. It's always tough to lose and I hate losing, however, a day later you can actually look at the bright side which we started 2 Freshmen, 2 Soph's, and a Junior, graduated 1 player, as they say the future looks bright. I am definitely proud of our "Baby Boilers" and Coach Matt Painter for all he accomplished this season. Our womens team won tonight over Utah in the opening round, so that helps ease the sting too, but they will more than likely end their crazy journey on Tuesday at the hands of the defending National Champion Tennessee Lady Vols.

Here is an updated version of the standings, to see what is left for our contestants consult the previous post. Once again a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who participated this year, it wouldn't work without you. That being said one region has been won already, and three remain up in the air. Defending champion Jef doesn't look like he'll regain his title.

First the regions that have been clinched
WEST
1. FUZZ- 8 points
2. David- 5 points
3. Tina 4 points
The west bracket basically imploded for everyone when both Western Kentucky, and San Diego won, and then Duke was knocked out. Tina and David don't have anyway to get anymore points so CONGRATS FUZZ you will be picking the Final 4 with the other region winners.
*Phats record so far in the West- 9 points total.

MIDWEST
1. TOPOLK- 10 points
2. Design Goddess- 7 points
3. Nutz- 6 points
While Mathematically DG is still alive the odds aren't looking good for her. She needs Villanova to defeat Kansas that is the only way she'll win. Nutz can't pass Topolk because they have identical picks remaining.
*Phats record so far in the MW- 13 points

SOUTH
1. Gary- 19 points
2. Travis- 17 points
3. Cheryl- 17 points
4. Jef- 12 points
This is anyone's bracket to win. Gary has been very impressive so far but Cheryl and Travis can overtake him in the sweet 16/elite 8 because all three of them have different champions. Jef needs a miracle to regain his crown it appears. Good race, I bet Gary will be bragging about this for awhile if he beats Cheryl
*Phats record so far in the South- 13 points

EAST
1. DUCK- 20 points
2. Tiggysmum- 17 points
3. Mr Shife- 15 points
Another close region, and by far the most impressive performance. The Duck is perfect going into the sweet 16, he was smart by not taking a single upset. Although perfect Mr Shife could actually pass Duck, he needs to root like hell for UT to beat L'ville and then UNC to advance to the final four and he can claim the East. Unfortunately for Tiggy she has pretty much been eliminated because she has taken the exact same picks as duck here on out.
Phats record in the East so far- 17 points.

Thanks again I will still be updating the scores and picks on the previous post. Back to nonsports post after the madness ends! Anyone have any good ideas on what the prize should be for this contest? A date with me? haha! Speaking of Kristen and I have a very "interesting" bet on our brackets and right now I am smiling because I am winning!!

15 Comments:

At 7:05 AM , Blogger Duck said...

Actually I did have an "upset" pick. Arkansas was technically an upset, but I know the 8/9 matchup is almost always pretty much a pick 'em.

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm doing GREAT in the South Bracket but the rest of my brackets fell all to pieces! At least the one that counts is coming together!

 
At 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never win at anything. I'm such a loser.

PS I think I'm getting tired of James taking things in the house too personal LOL

 
At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this basketball picking is easy. I ought to do this for money. I didn't even have to think about it.

~Jef

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Yeah, THANKS for continuing to point out that Gary is beating me...

And thanks for mentioning yours and Kristin's bet. Now, Gary will get some wise idea from that and who knows WHAT I'll be doing when I lose this region!!! :-)

 
At 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you are top dog in a lot of these regions! congrats! ;) have a good week Phats - lets watch Idol this week! hehe p.s. I've been a posting fool lately - guess that is what happens when you spend days on your back, errr...in bed with kidney infection, yea LOL

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Duck- I am bowing to your excellence my man

Gary- I just think it's funny you're beating Cheryl, just don't tell her I said that haha

Indy- 2 words DUTCH BLITZ

Jef- Sorry haha :)

Cheryl- Ha you're welcome anything I can do to help.

Tina- I am glad you cleared up why you're on your back hahaha :) Idol you're on!

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Hiya Phats! :)

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hope your team wins Phats!
Have a great week!
~xo
Lee Ann

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I am going to roast the Duck.

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Skiingred said...

Go DG!

What did you think of Idol tonight?

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I still have yet to watch a game but being involved has me at least checking box scores.

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Beading- HI!

Leeann- They didn't but thanks for stopping by :)

Mr Shife- That comment made me laugh! thanks

Skii- I think I am in love with Syesha

Travis- I am glad, just think spring football is starting!

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger DaBich said...

Thanks for stopping by, Phats....that goalie got a 7 game suspension, plus a $400 fine. There were several other suspension and both teams were fined $4000 each. Idiots like that give hockey a bad name...

Good luck with your March Madness!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Does that mean I'm mathematically challenged?!?! :D

I was so sad to see my Flashes go so early. Oh well. There's always next year! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home