Thursday, December 08, 2005

Back from the doc

Well, I made it thru another 1 year down at IU med center, I am back at home and ready to sleep. For those of you who don't know I thought i'd give a little history of what I go thru with my medical condition. Most of you know I had a kidney transplant in 1989, as my father donated his kidney, well ever since I have to get blood work done to make sure everything is stable and okeh. When I first got out of the hospital after the surgery visits were frequent, as I had to go twice a week, and that was so taxing on my parents. However as my counts continued to be stable the visits decreased to 1 a week, 1 every two weeks, and once a month, to finally where I am now at once every three months. It was nice that after about 2 yrs of driving the hour south to Indianapolis the transplant coordinators gave me the go ahead to start getting my three month blood work done in my hometown and they would fax the results, and I would only have to go to IU Med Center once a year to see the doctor.

I remember most from the beginning the bruises on my arm from getting shots so often it was bad, it looked like I was beaten in the arm. Thankfully I don't get those anymore. For some reason I get super nervous when I go down for my 1 yr check up, I am not sure why. I think it has something to do with the fact that if they see something wrong they have the capabilities to keep me, whereas getting just labs in Ktown if I don't hear anything I am good. Today was very quick, as it wasn't very crowded. I got right in to be weighed, blood pressure, and temperature, then to the next room to wait for the coordinator and the doctor. They both came in quickly, told me my counts are stable and they were not going to change anything and wahla let me go :) It was relief. I stopped for some lunch on the way home, and just got back. Thank you to all of you who kept me in your thoughts today I appreciate it.

On to better things, Purdue picked up a HUGE win last night in women's basketball as the #24 Boilers topped previously unbeaten #10th ranked Notre Dame 65-54. Way to go Ladies keep it up! Umm some people on blog are too uptight, hello it's a freaking blog GET OVER IT! I am posting a picture for Mike H. He requested to see the picture because it looks like a post card he got so I hope you enjoy it. Lets see, Spygal I need you to take this quiz please, I know you have taken it but it will send me your email. That way I can send you my ugly mug, you can make a shrine to me, and yes I still want that DOLLAR DAMN IT! Most of you other people have taken this so feel free to skip it :)
href="http://www02.quizyourfriends.com/takequiz.php?quizname=051103141039-643341&c=1&a=08">Phats


Here is the picture Mike

31 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dude I totally understand the first sentence. You know the story, nuff said.
Good win by the ladiessssss, awesome!
And I saw the pic before but it's nice it is posted too.
And glad everything went well today. :-)

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Carly said...

that is an awesome picture! omg. i'm gonna borrow it for sure.

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Carly said...

ps - the postcard was from me.

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Haha Cran! Borrow it for sure. That is a stunt we call the diamondhead.

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger cher said...

phats, i am so relieved everything went well for you today. i was thinking about you all day. i was worried about you driving in the snow in your tempermental car.

just for kicks i took the quiz again and did waaay better! i'd hope i'd have done better since i think i had only read your blog once or twice when i did it last time.

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger Phats said...

For the record I am not in that picture this was after I had Graduated, but it was the only one I could find like the post card.

Cher- thanks you are truly a great person and friend :)

Frank- hell ya go boilers! and thank you :)

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Phats said...

haha don't count on it TGP that's my middle name :)

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

yay phats!

now if only you could stay out of trouble...

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Phats said...

okeh that's weird it posted my reply to you above your comment!

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

phats are you psychic.... oh god... i'm sorry, i didn't mean to think that.... i was just curious.... i'd never actually do it.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

phats, mike h and i would like you to read notjoecheese's blog and rethink your nominations for best blog. his post on chuck norris is beyond words and wins hands down.

chuck norris said so.

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Glad to hear everything went well today, my friend. Enjoy your rest! :)


And that stunt looks WAY too scary for me! Could I just be the one taking the picture?

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

So glad everything went well today.....I was just thinking about you and put a comment on Nutty's blog, when I clicked back and saw you had just posted your own...Must have been my keen instinct...I'm good that way...

Ok, enough small talk....I took your quiz, you got my addy, now send me a pic..preferably framed and signed... ;)

 
At 1:18 AM , Blogger wmy said...

Glad to hear that everything is still working like its supposed to! That was another thing that I didn't know about you! That was a wonderful thing for your dad to do. Sooooo, since there seem to ve all kinds of things that I don't know about you, I think it only fitting that you send me a complete family history so I can catch up you know? LOL hahahah...no, I am serious dammit!

 
At 1:33 AM , Blogger Mike H said...

Nice. A very exact replica. Do these so-called 'cheerleaders' know they're copying a move done by the Arabian Acrobats circa 1901?

 
At 1:51 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Mike you do know I was one of those "so called cheerleaders" and no we had no clue whatsoever, but I am so telling them now!

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

Cool on your clean bill. JW

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Design- you cheered I am sure you could do this!

Spygal- you should have email. I tried to frame and sign it but had no luck

Dana- I didn't want you passing out or leaving you husband over how hot I am haha!

WMY- it's in the mail. Go outside and wait on it.

Shannon-- Thanks!

Josh-- Thanks!

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

josh doesnt mean it.

or does he....

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

remember...we weren't allowed to stunt! I'd probably end up being one of the "guys" at the bottom holding up everyone else. I usually was whenever we did pyramids in little league.

And I'm getting you exactly what I got you last year cause you loved it so much! :)

 
At 2:58 AM , Blogger Mike H said...

Phats, I think it's positively hilarious that you used to be a cheerleader.
I'm surprised you don't quote "Bring It On" more often.

I mean... I know I would.

 
At 4:20 AM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

I GOT TO TALK TO PHATS!!!!!

i was so excited i sat silently in a theatre for 140 minutes.

thats pretty excited.

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger LBseahag said...

Go, Phats Go Phats...

I am so glad you checked out a-okay...

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Design- I want a pet penguin! Get on that please

Mike H-You mean like Awesome oh wow like totally freak me out I mean right on the toros sure are #1! ha It's a very good movie, and all the stunts and tumbling done we did in college. I can't believe you didn't watch the video clip of me I posted after all that work I went too to post it geesh and I thought we were blog buds!

TGP- You are even cooler or phattier on MSN then you are on Blog if that's even humanly possibly! I mean WOW it made my evening

Seahag-- The great Kazoo says Thank you ;) Now it's your turn to get back to 100%

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

omg phats. i watched that whole tumbling thing.... amazing and freakish. i think cheerleaders would make a terribly scary gang, especially in a dark alley with really upbeat music.

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Mike H said...

I despise REALplayer. I just won't use it.

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Oh come on Mike you can do it I know you can!

 
At 1:25 AM , Blogger Mike H said...

Alright you twerp.

I downloaded stupid Realplayer and watched your cheerleading video. Very tumbly. I can't believe you're actually IN that video.
I'm still not sure what to think of it.
I guess I'm impressed Phats. Good job?

 
At 2:01 AM , Blogger Phats said...

YES!! The one seal of approval I have been waiting to get in all my blog years and I finally got it! WOOT!

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Carly said...

yay on clean bill of health and yay for cheerleading, like Totally, yay!
I said BRRRRR it's cold in here, must be some Toro's in the atmosphere.....errr...purdu something or other.

 
At 11:53 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

dearest phatty mcphatphats... please update.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home