Hi-diddly ho, neighborino!
Ahh yes nothing beats a fun filled day with the Simpson Family. No no not Jessica, and Ashlee, I am talking Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie of course. So, I had nothing to do today, and Kristen came over and since she made me watch a chick flick recently, her payback was watching a Simpsons Season 7 marathon on DVD today. To most of you this wouldn't be torture, but watching it with me sometimes can be, seeing as how I can literally quote every episode of the greatest show ever made. I chose season 7 for a couple of reasons one being it was the most recent released, two season 8 will be coming out in August(I can't wait) and three it's got some of my favorite, and the best episodes of all time. Some of my favorites from this season are
Home Sweet Home-Diddily-Dum-Doodily- Where the simpson kids are placed in foster care with the Flanders, and Homer takes a baptism for Bart, and then quotes the bible HA so so funny
Team Homer- The bowling episode, where Homer convinces a drug induced Mr Burns to loan him the money to pay the fees to bowl on league night. They call themselves the pin pals ha!
Two Bad Neighbors- When the older president bush moves in across the street. This is funny because of the "semi feud" that took place between the "simpsons" and the Bush family when he was running for President. You really need to know the backstory to understand it fully.
Bart on the road- Where Bart gets a driver's license and rents a car for spring break and they head to knoxville to see the sunsphere HAHA! My favorite line is when they drive thru branson mo and Bart says "my dad says it like Las Vegas, if it were run by Ned Flanders" haha
Summer of 4ft 2- Where The simpsons use the Flanders beach house for vacation, and Lisa tries to become popular. This is one of my favorites, and has sooo many classic simpson moments to it.
So there you have it, a run down of the best season 7 has to offer and a view of what I did all day today. We didn't just watch these episodes, we watched the WHOLE season! To those of you, and I know there is one of you out there, that think people my age watching the simpsons is immature i say GET BENT!
Other news
No news yet on the TGP/Nachoman watch the betting windows have opened though if you wanna wager on what you think will go down. I have a 50 spot on her waiting til he gets back in Aug.
I have my three month check up monday, just the usual blood work fun times. Just think of me tomorrow, and pray the counts stay stable. Should be done by 10, at least I am hoping! :) I am like my friend Michael no news is good news, they only call if something is wrong.
I read there is a big competition going between the world cup soccer, and hockey's stanley cup to see which event will get 10 viewers first, my money is on Hockey. In all seriousness nobody cares about either haha! I know, they are athletes, but come on anything that can go that long and still end 0-0 is boring! At least in hockey you have the fights to entertain you, the only fights at soccer games occur in the stands. It's funny soccer is like big everywhere but the US where nobody here gives a damn.
The french open wrapped up, I didn't do too bad on my predictions. 3 of 4 in the mens, and 2/4 in the womens correctly predicting Henin/Nadal would win. Nadal might just be the best to have ever played on the clay, on the men's side anyway. They keep talking about his impressive streak, yet they always fail to mention Chris Evert winning 125 matches odd? Now we turn to the grass season and Wimbledon, where Roger rules. I look for Venus, Lindsey(if healthy) and Sharapova all to do well there as well. Seemed like the French dragged on forever?
Have a great week everyone!
Phats


15 Comments:
What torture!!! Poor Kristen. Hope she still likes you after that!! :)
Good luck today. I know everything will be okey dokey!
Good luck with your test results. You will be in my thoughts.
A Simpson marathon! My kiddos would of loved that. I am sure they have seen every episode too.
There was a tennis person in Gulfport Saturday giving a cardio work out thing playing tennis. Hang on I wrote her name down so I could tell ya. Ok here we go it was Tracey Austin.(I think) I can't read my writing now. LOL. Man could she hit the tennis balls.
Happy Monday1
I've watched a few episodes of the Simpsons...a few lines stick in my head at times...Poor Kristen !!
Good Luck on your tests..I'm sure things will be A-ok...I'll be thinking of you.
BTW..Thanks for putting the sports at the bottom of the post, it makes it much easier for me to skim over it.....
;)
Hey phats,the simpsons is my
favorite show too,did you hear
they're making a movie.
Heidi-Ho Phats!
Oops...wrong cartoon ;)
That's South Park.
Nothing wrong with people our age watching these hilarious shows!
I'm kinda new to your blog, so I'm a little lost on your bloodwork...have you been ill?
Hope it turns out excellent!
Shannon- Are you high? Soccer is sooooooo lame! haha :) it might be cute to watch your kids but that's it. Thanks for the words as well, I am back and tests are done for at least 3 more months
DG- she became a lucky girl when she started dating me
Beading- Tracy Austin is FREAKING AWESOME!! She was one of the youngest US Open champs, unfortunately her career was cut short. Pretty too! She does commentating for USA network during the US Open. I am impressed you remembered her name
Spy- I had you in mind when i wrote this, I said I better put sports at the end just for spygal!
Nuttina- I watched that one too!! :)
Michele- yes I can't wait til it opens, I will be there
Kayla- I love simpsons obviously. I never really got into south park. I will explain the bloodwork and stuff in an upcoming entry :) it's more of a father's day entry
have a great rest of the week everyone
Simpsons and Futurama are 2 of my sons and I's favorites.
I dont see anything wrong with watching the Simpsons....they are amusing!
So does Kristen see it the way you do Phats??? ha ha haaaa
...day late; dollar short!
:o
I need a new life!~
The simpsons R my favorite-
I could watch 'em all dayyyyyy.
;]
Hope everything went well today!
Let us know! :)
good luck phatty mcphats!
Lori- I never got into Futurama really.
Catch- What I find funny is, it's geared more towards adult humor oh well, I am not ashamed of watching a kick ass show
DG- No, I believe she thinks it's the other way around, but we won't tell her the real truth now will we DG? :) I am going marry to her, so that makes her lucky
Star- You and I are 2 peas in a pod my friend!
Pissy- I am assuming everything is fine, I haven't heard anything ha. I will be writing a post soon explaining my medical condition for those of you who joined late :)
TGP- you're so cool, I should pay you for letting me talk to you
Mimi- The simpsons rock that is for sure! They are on at 6 and 7 here I try to catch it as much as possible. Thanks for the thoughts you're awesome
Thanks everyone for your thoughts today, hopefully I am in the clear
I like the simpsons but have only seen a few episodes, by now you are wondering what on earth "HAVE" I seen!! I will think of you while you are having your blood check, you will be fine!
I was talking to my fiance about the soccer, he lives in the USA and he said the same thing you did about it not being popular in the USA, I told him that you guys gotta get with it!!! ;)
I stayed up and watched the game in bed, I love it.
Your getting your blood checked?? Iwas convinced to give blood once... I will never do it again. Needles are the devils work!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home