Sunday, October 16, 2005

Superstitions

So I guess Phats is taking a break from blogging b/c that will make Purdue win next week...lol. People and their superstitions...yeah I have a few do you????? I don't freak out when people open an umbrella inside and I don't go crazy when a black cat crosses my path. But I do have one and my mom passed onto to me which she learned from her grandma.....I never do laundry on New Year's Day. It will "wash" someone from your life. One year I did do laundry on New Year's Day and this did come true which I'm not getting into....but ever since that year....no laundry on New Year's Day.

So my weekend was pretty good. My friend Jennifer and I went to the covered bridge festival in Mansfield on Saturday. Yeah Indiana is known for it's covered bridges....so they have a festival every year which is like two weeks long. So my favorite purchase of the day was my name! LoL. It's so hard to find my name on stuff...so normally I have to find someone to make it. I think she did a pretty good job!!! There are more pictures in my flickr album.Well I hope everyone else had a good weekend. Can't wait to read about them!!!

8 Comments:

At 4:29 PM , Blogger Phats said...

I suppose you read and then toured the bridges of Madison County? haha!

Yes I am very superstitious but that is not why I am taking blogger break, I am doing that cuz I am tired of writing about losses after being so excited to write a preview. DOH!

My biggest superstition is when I play tennis I wear a rubberband on my wrist, and will wear that same rubberband every match til I lose, I then replace it with another one. I do the same with coaching!

So should I comment on other blogs during my STRIKE?

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Phats said...

I think the troll doll will live :)

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes I will live. And I'm a leprechaun, not a troll! thicko, geesh.

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger LBseahag said...

thats awesome...i have a niece named the same but spelled with a K, and we have a hard time finding stuff with names on it too...

covered bridges...whoah, that is something you only see in movies!!!

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger LBseahag said...

by the way...any time i can get out of doing laundry is a good day...if i do laundry on new year's day, i can choose the person i want to wash away?

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

curious: since phats is on his "blog strike" is it possible for you to leave random and nonsensical comments on my blog?? i really don't feel like my life would be complete without that.

ps. yay you!

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I can't walk into my Mom's house without her mentioning some superstition....geez, I'm afraid to breath sometimes...God forbid I knock over the salt and not throw it over my left..or is that the right shoulder *shrug*..no wonder why I never have any luck !!...oh well..gotta run, i just broke my mirror when I chased my black cat under the ladder !

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

I don't know if I have superstitions or not. I probably just do them so unconsciously, that I don't even realize I'm doing them!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home