Top Ten Reasons Living in Kokomo ROCKS! *Yes I am being sarcastic*
10.) Thanks to the beach boys people from other states think you are from some exotic locale when you say "Kokomo" only to be disappointed when you follow with "Indiana"
9.) Stoplight Heaven, yes you can go maybe 3 seconds from one stoplight before hitting the next. If you're lucky like I usually am you hit all reds.
8.) I love the nightlife, i love to boogie, D'oh! Forget about that in Kokomo considering you put their clubs together and they then equal the size of one in Indy, so nothing to do for the 20-35 crowd, but drive to Indy. Unless you want to cruise the strip, do they still have that?
7.) Religion, there are more churches then Jesus knows what to do with in Kokomo!
6.) Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name. Yes, it's not as small as Greentown, however people still always seem to know your damn business
5.) Can you say home to the first ever McDiner, yes the McDonalds sit down restaurant. I bought a tshirt that says "I was the first to eat at the McDiner" I am going to auction it off on Ebay.
4.) Where else can you find a hotdog stand where the chef brings them out on his arm?
3.) The mysterious Kokomo Hum, which was featured in USA Today. Yes, the hum that locals put thousands of dollars into investigating and probably turned out to be nothing, come to think of it did we ever hear the results?
2.) Where else in the country do people not only line up for days, but bid and pay crazy prices to buy pieces of a water tower, that was demolished? People, my relatives included, got hotel rooms to have better views of it going down, hello LAME ALERT! My aunt bought a water tower statue. Let me describe this it was a normal water tower, that was butt ugly green with white and red checkered pattern around the top. Enough Said.
1.) Old Ben, Kokomo's most famous resident, yes that's right a stuffed bull in highland park. At least I think it's a bull. It's what everyone wants to see, and has his own postcard!
So count your lucky stars you live somewhere else! :)
*disclaimer I actually live in Greentown so the above might be null and void in your eyes, but we say we're from Kokomo. I couldn't do a top ten list on Greentown because the town isn't big enough. One stoplight in the whole time HELLO!
Have a great weekend, Help bring back Kaysar to big brother, go to
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/_polls/amc_poll.shtml


3 Comments:
You mean you're NOT from the "tropical" part of Indiana???
Sounds kinda like where I live. Nothing to do really. There are probably as many bars (read holes in the wall) as churches. There used to be at least one pizza joint for every church in town, but a lot of those joints have shut down. :( And, try living in a small town where your parents work at two of the most public places...the bank and post office. We got away with NOTHING in this town! Our parents knew what bad things we were doing before we even did them! Crazy!
And yes, ex's are just SO grand. But as they say, they're ex's for a reason! A tough lesson I didn't learn too quickly with this guy.
Reason 11: The fire chief will bring the tanker to your house and water your lawn!!!!
(Heard that on the radio here today!)
uhmmmm, it was a gas tower not water. Go Boilers !
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home